Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 29 Aug 17, 04:26 PM  
Link to this Post
w513mfs
Excited about Disney

I am so interested to see how this turns out,

i really hope you all can drive down and stick it to the airlines i'm really excited and i don't have any vested interest what so ever just like the people win once in a while

good luck all

FLORIDA TRIPS 1994,1995,1996,2005,2007,2007 PART2,2008,2010,2016,2017, 2018, 2021, 2022 and 2024 coming soon
w513mfs is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Aug 17, 04:35 PM  
Link to this Post
mudmonster
Excited about Disney

Mobile

As the finder of this glitch, I was originally not going to book as we wanted to go later in August. Now DH is thinking that this is a great deal and is tempted to change our Disney hotel dates. Travelling from Cardiff is not the issue for us as we live in the area but getting from Heathrow to Gatwick is issue. Is this an easy route to take? I've looked on the uber app and it's quoting £56 which I would be happy to pay due to the flight savings but I was unsure if uber are allowed to pick up/drop off in airports. Or as 1 option is train from Cardiff to Heathrow would it be possible to get train to Gatwick from Paddington rather than go to Heathrow? Sorry for the questions but I've no idea on how to get around London!
mudmonster is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Aug 17, 04:37 PM  
Link to this Post
mudmonster
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by emilou View Post
There are no trains that run that route at that time of night, Heathrow express doesn't run from Cardiff. I suspect it is a bus..
They would need to let you know in advance if it's not a train as the bus station is a little distance from the train station.
mudmonster is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Aug 17, 04:47 PM  
Link to this Post
yozza1977
Getting Excited

Originally Posted by mudmonster View Post
As the finder of this glitch, I was originally not going to book as we wanted to go later in August. Now DH is thinking that this is a great deal and is tempted to change our Disney hotel dates. Travelling from Cardiff is not the issue for us as we live in the area but getting from Heathrow to Gatwick is issue. Is this an easy route to take? I've looked on the uber app and it's quoting £56 which I would be happy to pay due to the flight savings but I was unsure if uber are allowed to pick up/drop off in airports. Or as 1 option is train from Cardiff to Heathrow would it be possible to get train to Gatwick from Paddington rather than go to Heathrow? Sorry for the questions but I've no idea on how to get around London!
Try batransfer/

We used them this year, faultless service from Heathrow to Gatwick.
yozza1977 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Aug 17, 04:56 PM  
Link to this Post
mudmonster
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by yozza1977 View Post
Try batransfer/

We used them this year, faultless service from Heathrow to Gatwick.
They look great, £58 for a single journey. Thanks
Old 29 Aug 17, 09:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Kidd McFluff
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by willmatt View Post
I'm confused about the fact some are saying its a bus journey. My booking states Cardiff to Heathrow with Heathrow express from Cardiff railway station. Is this what it says fir everyone else.
The itinerary also looks like a train journey with stops at Newport, Bristol, Swindon, reading and then Paddington railway stations.
How on earth would ba know if you just checked onto the train and then drove to gatwick instead.
My booking is for National Express coach on the way out and a train on the way back to Cardiff. It depends when you're booked - we are leaving Cardiff at 4.15! Do get to MCO before 3 though. Accesrail appear to be a ticketing agent. No idea how they track first leg but I'm not going to risk not using it myself.
Kidd McFluff is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Aug 17, 09:55 PM  
Link to this Post
SavaSnoopy
Helping Minnie

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 3
I had a ticket once with AirFrance Heathrow to Toulon the first part was a flight to CDG and then a train journey. When back at CDG they phoned the train station in Toulon to check that I had boarded the train and confirmed the number of suitcases I had as well.

Will follow this thread out of interest to see what happens
SavaSnoopy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Aug 17, 12:19 AM  
Link to this Post
Sweetums
VIP Dibber

So take x empty suitcases to Cardiff, swap at Heathrow for ones in car, are they going to check color / weight next? The number of times I've been on super early trains and not had my ticket checked and the gates have been open both ends! I honestly can't see how this would logistically work.
2016 Shamu Sanctuary Dibb Villa WDW - 2017 DLP
2018 CBR WDW Halloween 2019 West Coast trip
2019 CBR WDW December
2022 CBR WDW December
Sweetums is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Aug 17, 01:51 AM  
Link to this Post
willmatt
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Looking at how klm manage these train/plane tickets, it seems you can "check" in for your rail journey from 2 hours before departure time and that is the last check before arriving at airport.
willmatt is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Aug 17, 09:07 AM  
Link to this Post
Rossmasa
Very Serious Dibber

Currently two options from Cardiff if you travel on the 27th July , you can book to leave on a 5:12AM option where your expected to travel on from Cardiff to LHR then make your own way from heathrow to gatwick.(3 hours to make journey and check in etc)

or the other option would be to get the Train at 20.25 in the evening which gets into heathrow at 2330 , but you then have until 1330 the next day (saturday 28th) to get yourself to gatwick. (just add a day on to get the duration you require away)

A good option for those who would normally travel down overnight to catch the flight the next day .

The only bit of hassle is dropping your car off at the airport and getting down to Cardiff for the first leg of your journey.

£589.95 per person , If I can persuade the Mrs to Travel down to cardiff and back the day before this could work as I live right next to heathrow so don't need an overnight hotel.
Caribbean Beach Resort August 2016
Coronado Springs Resort August 2014, 2015, 2017 2018, 2019 (Gran Destino)
Art Of Animation December 2021 2022

Edited at 09:10 AM.
Rossmasa is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List