Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 25 Dec 17, 01:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Busby
Excited about Disney

Booking through 3rd party ie Omega.

Looking at some AA flights for next year booking through Omega Flight Store.
My question is when i book (outbound Direct, Return via ORD) could they change my flights to suit them. I know AA could change the indirect flight legs due to schedule.
Also once and if I have booked though them will i be able to book seats on the airlines website..

Merry Christmas All...
Busby is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Dec 17, 06:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Shani
Imagineer

I booked my flights through them a couple weeks ago and ended up cancelling and requesting a full refund. Within a few days of booking I'd had several cancelled flights and changed schedule emails to the point of having our 2nd to last flight landing at Amsterdam at 8.30am, but the final flight from Amsterdam to Manchester left at 8.00am - 30 mins earlier. Took almost 2 hours passed from pillar to post to speak to someone who offered flights either the day after or the day before. I wasn't happy so requested a full refund. It's processing, but will take 6 weeks. The anxiety I felt in those few days, especially after reading Omega reviews after booking (stupid I know I should have done that first) was awful so I'm glad I got an "out", even though I had to give up bargain flights £286pp for 5 of us.

My experience wasn't as bad as some, but if have been panicking all the way through that if end up at the airport and omega had cancelled my flights or changed them to some stupid timings! I will now only book direct with an airline.

As far as seats - my booking was with KLM and delta and I was able to link my booking within minutes of getting the confirmation email and book my seats for free on delta and paid for with KLM.

If you decide to go ahead, pay particular attention to the baggage allowance. I still hasn't had a clear answer on what ours was as our e-ticket showed 0 checked baggage! Something else to note is that if you have any queries - don't expect the airline to help you - they will direct you back to the third party and Omega customer service is pretty non existent and impossible to get hold of.

Edited at 06:16 PM.
Shani is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Dec 17, 09:00 PM  
Link to this Post
wheety1621
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Booked with Omega, flight confirmation through in minutes with airline booking reference number. Could use to manage booking on BA website and book seats if I wanted to. My outbound is now 5 minutes earlier and I had both an email and a text message to tell me that. Great service so far.

Amazing price from them (£550pp for pretty much direct flight to Orlando in August 2018).
wheety1621 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Feb 18, 02:58 PM  
Link to this Post
dogken
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Shani View Post
I booked my flights through them a couple weeks ago and ended up cancelling and requesting a full refund. Within a few days of booking I'd had several cancelled flights and changed schedule emails to the point of having our 2nd to last flight landing at Amsterdam at 8.30am, but the final flight from Amsterdam to Manchester left at 8.00am - 30 mins earlier. Took almost 2 hours passed from pillar to post to speak to someone who offered flights either the day after or the day before. I wasn't happy so requested a full refund. It's processing, but will take 6 weeks. The anxiety I felt in those few days, especially after reading Omega reviews after booking (stupid I know I should have done that first) was awful so I'm glad I got an "out", even though I had to give up bargain flights £286pp for 5 of us.

My experience wasn't as bad as some, but if have been panicking all the way through that if end up at the airport and omega had cancelled my flights or changed them to some stupid timings! I will now only book direct with an airline.

As far as seats - my booking was with KLM and delta and I was able to link my booking within minutes of getting the confirmation email and book my seats for free on delta and paid for with KLM.

If you decide to go ahead, pay particular attention to the baggage allowance. I still hasn't had a clear answer on what ours was as our e-ticket showed 0 checked baggage! Something else to note is that if you have any queries - don't expect the airline to help you - they will direct you back to the third party and Omega customer service is pretty non existent and impossible to get hold of.
Like you I have booked with Omega for our trip this year, got a great price which has gone up by £200 each within a month, I got the booking code the same day I booked and logged in to my KLM/Delta flights and picked my seats.
I've received a email from Omega saying that our return flight from MCO to Boston has been cancelled.

"Dear Customer,

We would like to inform you that the airline has cancelled your flight due to their own operational reason.

Below is the latest itinerary information, please note the highlighted flights are the ones cancelled.

We kindly inform you that should you reject flight cancallation made by the Airline, either you might take an alternative flight or you might get refunded: yet both options are strictly up to Airline, according to the Airline rules.

In addition, if by chance schedule change is not relevant, a few airlines do not allow passenger to take another flight free of charge, nor to get a refund about the flight fare formally purchased either.

If you do not accept the flight cancellation, We are more than happy to help you with alternative flight option or refund assistance, please contact us on +44 020 7484 8909(UK), +33 182881117 (France),+34 3491060383 (Spain),+390282952550 (Italy)and+496996758479(Germany), if you cannot call us abroad, you can send email to our service email address customer.support@omegaflightstore.com and leave your number of available contact(A UK number of your family or friend will help us to reach you faster ), we will be happy call back to you.

If we won't get any answers in the 72 hours following the date of our email we will automatically consider the flight cancellation as accepted.

Best regards,

Customer Care Team
Omega Travel Group"

I rang Omega but was told to call back tomorrow, I also rang KLM and was told that it is just a code share change and the flight number is a DL flight instead of a KLM flight and to contact my travel agent as they haven't booked you onto this flight .
I have never had this before they normally just put you on the changed flight, so I'll call tomorrow and try to sort it out.

Edited at 02:59 PM.
dogken is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Feb 18, 04:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Shani
Imagineer

Originally Posted by dogken View Post
Like you I have booked with Omega for our trip this year, got a great price which has gone up by £200 each within a month, I got the booking code the same day I booked and logged in to my KLM/Delta flights and picked my seats.
I've received a email from Omega saying that our return flight from MCO to Boston has been cancelled.

"Dear Customer,

We would like to inform you that the airline has cancelled your flight due to their own operational reason.

Below is the latest itinerary information, please note the highlighted flights are the ones cancelled.

We kindly inform you that should you reject flight cancallation made by the Airline, either you might take an alternative flight or you might get refunded: yet both options are strictly up to Airline, according to the Airline rules.

In addition, if by chance schedule change is not relevant, a few airlines do not allow passenger to take another flight free of charge, nor to get a refund about the flight fare formally purchased either.

If you do not accept the flight cancellation, We are more than happy to help you with alternative flight option or refund assistance, please contact us on +44 020 7484 8909(UK), +33 182881117 (France),+34 3491060383 (Spain),+390282952550 (Italy)and+496996758479(Germany), if you cannot call us abroad, you can send email to our service email address customer.support@omegaflightstore.com and leave your number of available contact(A UK number of your family or friend will help us to reach you faster ), we will be happy call back to you.

If we won't get any answers in the 72 hours following the date of our email we will automatically consider the flight cancellation as accepted.

Best regards,

Customer Care Team
Omega Travel Group"

I rang Omega but was told to call back tomorrow, I also rang KLM and was told that it is just a code share change and the flight number is a DL flight instead of a KLM flight and to contact my travel agent as they haven't booked you onto this flight .
I have never had this before they normally just put you on the changed flight, so I'll call tomorrow and try to sort it out.
I got my full refund through a couple of weeks ago. It took 4 weeks, I think. Strangely, I still got a text and an email in the early hours last night regarding a Boston flight... Strange!

It wasn't easy to get through to them on the phone, but once I could speak to someone (and not be cut off), in all honesty, I couldn't fault them.
2022 - Margaritaville & RPR --- 2023 - Villa & RPR & Surfside

Edited at 04:49 PM.
Shani is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Feb 18, 05:55 PM  
Link to this Post
dogken
Imagineer

Thing is I don't want a refund I just want the flights that I booked as it would cost me £600 more to rebook them, I realise that so far in advance you get the odd changed flight, that's OK, I just want them to tell me of the change and put me on it, I've booked with a 3rd party before and they just told you of the changed flight.
Old 4 Feb 18, 07:05 PM  
Link to this Post
SteveC
VIP Dibber

I’ve booked indirect Virgin/Delta flights from Manchester to Tampa for 18 of us this summer through Omega as they offered the best price. Everything confirmed immediately and was able to use booking numbers to reserve seats on all legs of our flights - payable on the Virgin Man/JFK legs and free on the Delta JFK/TPA legs.
SteveC is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Feb 18, 07:24 PM  
Link to this Post
meboo
Imagineer

Mobile

I booked two lots of flights with them over Christmas. I was able to get into the BA booking system within a couple of hours as I had my airline reference number. Any changes after that, I imagine, are down to the airline rather than the agent.
meboo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Feb 18, 07:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Shani
Imagineer

Originally Posted by dogken View Post
Thing is I don't want a refund I just want the flights that I booked as it would cost me £600 more to rebook them, I realise that so far in advance you get the odd changed flight, that's OK, I just want them to tell me of the change and put me on it, I've booked with a 3rd party before and they just told you of the changed flight.
They did offer me alternatives, but I didn't want either of them so took the refund.

I also called them on a Sunday and was told to call back on the Monday (they actually told me it was the airlines themselves that were closed, but it's their own department that's closed on Sundays).

It did take quite some time and kept getting cut off after 18 minutes on the call, but once I got to speak to someone they did come back to me (and called me back after I was cut off) with alternatives.

From my limited experience though, changes will keep happening, and it's likely you will have to keep calling them every time. As I said, I got a text and email last night (around 2-3 am) telling me there was a change to a Boston flight - it seems it had changed from KLM flight number to Delta flight number - but I've been refunded for them!
2022 - Margaritaville & RPR --- 2023 - Villa & RPR & Surfside
Old 4 Feb 18, 07:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Orlando 2004
Imagineer

Orlando 2004's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Mobile

I tried to book flights with them yesterday but it kept declining and they said the fare that I'd found on Kayak was no longer available. They said to book on their website and the same flights were on there so I tried again but the same happened. I've also tried for similar flights with travel trolley and flysharp and I'm getting a bit fed up with them showing on Skyscanner and Kayak and not being available even when they show on the same sites for days with prices going up and down.