Old 29 Jan 18, 06:12 PM  
Link to this Post
ClareO
slightly serious Dibber

ClareO's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 4
Originally Posted by boltyboy View Post
You need to change the title of this thread. Orlandoattraction.com are a completely different company.
I never said it was orlandoattractions.com. I think I missed the tickets bit out. Always said it was .co.uk I have now changed it. Apologies to those I confused.

Thank you to all those who have given me advice. I appreciate that I am tied in now despite discovery cove’s policy. Seems a little harsh. Ah well, you win some, you lose some.

Edited at 06:28 PM.
ClareO is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jan 18, 08:33 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Originally Posted by ClareO View Post
I never said it was orlandoattractions.com. I think I missed the tickets bit out. Always said it was .co.uk I have now changed it. Apologies to those I confused.

Thank you to all those who have given me advice. I appreciate that I am tied in now despite discovery cove’s policy. Seems a little harsh. Ah well, you win some, you lose some.
I certainly won’t use a company that is inflexible especially when booking so far in advance, can you not amend the booking for example, amend the tickets to gatorland so you don’t lose your deposit and don’t incur their cancellation charges? Look at the gov website under deposit cancellation, even though they state a charge for cancellation they can’t necessarily empose it by law.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jan 18, 08:49 PM  
Link to this Post
ClareO
slightly serious Dibber

ClareO's Reviews
That’s interesting. It does irritate me that Discovery Cove themselves don’t impose a cancellation charge more than 30 days out. I won’t use them again now I know their terms and conditions. I will have a look at the Gov website. Thank you.
ClareO is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jan 18, 08:50 PM  
Link to this Post
ARAR
Getting Excited

Originally Posted by 3xDisneyland View Post
I certainly won’t use a company that is inflexible especially when booking so far in advance, can you not amend the booking for example, amend the tickets to gatorland so you don’t lose your deposit and don’t incur their cancellation charges? Look at the gov website under deposit cancellation, even though they state a charge for cancellation they can’t necessarily empose it by law.
The problem is that by paying a deposit, you are agreeing to their terms and conditions which makes certain stipulations about cancellation charges.

However, as Nimbus mentioned earlier, they also have a separate section about price matching and how OAT would be happy to look at matching a price on a like for like basis. However, they go on to say that they are under no obligation to match a price. Effectively, it's at their discretion.

Forget about matching competitors, they won't even match their own prices.
ARAR is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jan 18, 08:54 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Originally Posted by ClareO View Post
That’s interesting. It does irritate me that Discovery Cove themselves don’t impose a cancellation charge more than 30 days out. I won’t use them again now I know their terms and conditions. I will have a look at the Gov website. Thank you.
Exactly if they don’t get charged then why should you, I understand losing a deposit but % of something you haven’t had is out of order.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jan 18, 08:55 PM  
Link to this Post
ARAR
Getting Excited

Extract from Gov.uk:

Are you a consumer who has:

agreed to buy goods or services, but changed your mind or are unable to go ahead with the contract?
been asked to pay a cancellation charge to the business, but want to challenge the amount?
lost your deposit or advance payments, and want to get them back from the business?
The business may be asking for more money than it is entitled to. Just because it’s in the contract doesn’t mean it’s always legally binding. Businesses cannot rely on unfair terms. Check your consumer rights.

Consumer law may help you
Don’t just accept the business can keep your deposit and advance payments or ask you to pay a cancellation charge if you cancel the contract.

The business can only do this if the contract term is fair.

A cancellation charge is not fair just because it’s in the contract you signed – it needs to be reasonable.

Sometimes you’re entitled to a full or partial refund – but you can’t always expect all of your money back if you change your mind.

Businesses can keep your deposit or advance payments, or ask you to pay a cancellation
charge, only in certain circumstances

If you cancel the contract, the business is generally only entitled to keep or receive an amount sufficient to cover their actual losses that directly result from your cancellation (eg costs already incurred or loss of profit).

Businesses must take reasonable steps to reduce their losses (eg by re-selling the goods or services).

Non-refundable deposits should only be a small percentage of the total price.
Cancellation charges must be a genuine estimate of the business' direct loss
Old 29 Jan 18, 08:58 PM  
Link to this Post
ARAR
Getting Excited

Further text from gov.uk

Contact the business
If you have concerns, firstly ask the business to explain how they calculated the amount they are keeping or charging you for cancelling the contract.
Old 29 Jan 18, 09:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Mexy02
VIP Dibber

Mexy02's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
I’ve never had a problem with them . I changed my ticket type a few times for our last trip and the service was outstanding, I never asked for a refund though when prices changed as I wouldn’t expect them to charge me extra when they went up even when I had paid a deposit. The small print tends to catch people out though I’m afraid to say.
Yacht club / Bahama bay oct/Nov 2019 , poly
Nov 2022 boulder ridge, Polynesian , AOA and Bahama bay
Sept 24 POFQ
Mexy02 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jan 18, 09:18 PM  
Link to this Post
ClareO
slightly serious Dibber

ClareO's Reviews
I have just emailed them asking for their evidence that they will incur more than £250 in losses. The government website says that they must suffer direct losses to impose a cancellation charge regardless of what you have signed up to. To be honest for the sake of about a £50 price match (my initial request) it seems a bit mad it’s gone this far. I would think twice about using them for future tickets - their loss is probably greater than mine.
Old 30 Jan 18, 10:48 AM  
Link to this Post
Cinderellabella
Excited about Disney

Mobile

I had booked tickets with Orlando attractions.com with deposit and had paid some money off. Then noticed prices had dropped. Rang them and reduced my outstanding balance with no problems.
Very happy customer!
Cinderellabella is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List