Notices
Tickets Theme Park Ticket questions and advice

Old 5 Feb 18, 01:44 PM  
Link to this Post
reddwarfposse5
Very Serious Dibber

One day MYW ticket - regular, peak, etc

Hi all,

I was looking at the one day Magic Your Way tickets so we could spend a day at AK. The day we would be going is right at the end of our holiday, Monday 1st October. I've noticed, however, that all options for buying these whether regular, peak or season, only have dates up to end of September. How do I know which ticket to buy?
Thanks

Steve
Old 5 Feb 18, 02:27 PM  
Link to this Post
lyn1
Imagineer

Originally Posted by reddwarfposse5 View Post
Hi all,

I was looking at the one day Magic Your Way tickets so we could spend a day at AK. The day we would be going is right at the end of our holiday, Monday 1st October. I've noticed, however, that all options for buying these whether regular, peak or season, only have dates up to end of September. How do I know which ticket to buy?
Thanks

Steve
I honestly didn't know the answer so I phoned undercovertourist.com. The lady that I spoke to said that Disney haven't released the dates yet for all the tickets which is why they only go up to September, but she said that if you bought the peak ticket it would be valid for any time. If you want to double check this the number is 0800 081 1702

Edited at 08:42 PM.
lyn1 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Feb 18, 03:03 PM  
Link to this Post
lovewdw
Apprentice Imagineer

You cant buy for 1st October onwards yet, if you use disney direct you get the message:

Looking for Future Dates?
Peak, Regular and Value validity dates continue to be added to the calendar and may change from year to year.
Please check back often.

I'd be very surprised if the 1st Oct wasn't a value date though, so just hold off until they make up their minds.
lovewdw is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Feb 18, 04:56 PM  
Link to this Post
lyn1
Imagineer

Originally Posted by lovewdw View Post
You cant buy for 1st October onwards yet, if you use disney direct you get the message:

Peak, Regular and Value validity dates continue to be added to the calendar and may change from year to year.
Please check back often.

I'd be very surprised if the 1st Oct wasn't a value date though, so just hold off until they make up their minds.
There's quite a bit of difference in the prices, so as you say the OP might be better off waiting as they have plenty of time.

Value ticket $109.69, Regular ticket $118.32, Peak ticket $132.71.
Old 5 Feb 18, 05:07 PM  
Link to this Post
lovewdw
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by lyn1 View Post
There's quite a bit of difference in the prices, so as you say the OP might be better off waiting as they have plenty of time.

Those prices are just for magic kingdom, all the other parks (OP wanted AK) are Value $99, Regular $107, Peak $119 (unless your including tax?)

Although I seem to remember Disney (USA) usually hikes prices in FEB?

Edited at 05:08 PM.
Old 5 Feb 18, 05:44 PM  
Link to this Post
reddwarfposse5
Very Serious Dibber

I honestly didn't know the answer so I phoned undercovertourist.com. The lady that I spoke to said that Disney haven't released the dates yet for all the tickets which is why they only go up to September, but she said that if you bought the peak ticket it would be valid for any time. If you want to double check this the number is 0800 081 1702

Please check back often.

Those prices are just for magic kingdom, all the other parks (OP wanted AK) are Value $99, Regular $107, Peak $119 (unless your including tax?)

Although I seem to remember Disney (USA) usually hikes prices in FEB?
Thanks everyone. I think what I might do is change my date to the Sun 30th which historically has been a recommended day for AK. We were intending doing US/IOA on that day but we might switch them around and do them on the Monday instead.

The Sunday date is a "regular" date so I might go for that instead. If I do it now, then I'll avoid any upcoming price rises Disney impose between now and then.

Am I right in thinking that if I buy direct from Disney and get the tickets emailed to me, I can still link them to my MDE account so I can book fastpasses? Our magic bands should still be working from our last visit too.

Edited at 05:46 PM.
reddwarfposse5 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Feb 18, 05:45 PM  
Link to this Post
reddwarfposse5
Very Serious Dibber

Thank you
Old 5 Feb 18, 05:50 PM  
Link to this Post
lovewdw
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by reddwarfposse5 View Post
Am I right in thinking that if I buy direct from Disney and get the tickets emailed to me, I can still link them to my MDE account so I can book fastpasses? Our magic bands should still be working from our last visit too.
Log in to your mde account, change to USA site, then buy tickets, automatically linked
Old 5 Feb 18, 05:51 PM  
Link to this Post
reddwarfposse5
Very Serious Dibber

Log in to your mde account, change to USA site, then buy tickets, automatically linked
Brilliant, thanks.
Old 5 Feb 18, 06:07 PM  
Link to this Post
lyn1
Imagineer

The prices that I gave are not the the prices for Magic Kingdom, they're for AK on undercovertourist.com, and they include taxes. I didn't look on the Disney site, but when I just checked they are cheaper on there.

Value ticket $105.44, Regular ticket $113.96, Peak ticket $126.74, all including tax.

Edited at 08:03 PM.
lyn1 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List