Notices
Tickets Theme Park Ticket questions and advice

Old 10 Feb 18, 09:17 PM  
Link to this Post
BertnErnie
Trading Disney Pins

Using ‘spare’ ticket for fast passes

We’re staying onsite for a week in April/May, before moving into a villa for annother two weeks. We have 21 day tickets and have also added a friend to our Disney booking although she won’t actiallly join us until we get to the villa. The primary objective was to get the extra free dining credits. However I’m wondering if we could also use this ticket for fast passes? My concern with this is that I don’t want to ‘activate’ the ticket by scanning in at a park gate until our friend arrives, as we’d have to use someone else’s fingerprint. Will a fast pass work if you haven’t actually scanned into the park with that ticket/magic band?
BertnErnie is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Feb 18, 09:30 PM  
Link to this Post
wombat girl
Imagineer

I think Disney have stopped this as it is taking fast passes from people in the park. So now you have to scan the band at the turn styles to use the fast passes. It was a loop hole but they have clamped down on it it recently.
DLP 2018 - Star Tours - A solo story trip May 2018
ASM 2018 - It's Looking like a lot like a Christmas Wombat- Solo Trip TBC
wombat girl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Feb 18, 09:31 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by BertnErnie View Post
We’re staying onsite for a week in April/May, before moving into a villa for annother two weeks. We have 21 day tickets and have also added a friend to our Disney booking although she won’t actiallly join us until we get to the villa. The primary objective was to get the extra free dining credits. However I’m wondering if we could also use this ticket for fast passes? My concern with this is that I don’t want to ‘activate’ the ticket by scanning in at a park gate until our friend arrives, as we’d have to use someone else’s fingerprint. Will a fast pass work if you haven’t actually scanned into the park with that ticket/magic band?
It shouldnt

as you need to activate band by entering the park

when we had park tickets AND MB's ( the Oct they were doing a soft test of the MB's and FP+ system ) we had our MB's and cards, i once went to Epcot before anyone else to scan our cards to get a FP at Soarin, it wouldnt work as they had not been used to enter the park
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Feb 18, 02:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by BertnErnie View Post
You are not allowed to do this and it’s against Disney’s rules. The fastpass associated with the extra ticket won’t work if you haven’t scanned it at the gate. If you are caught doing this then Disney may disable your fastpasses and tickets.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Feb 18, 07:51 PM  
Link to this Post
BertnErnie
Trading Disney Pins

Mobile

Thanks everyone, I suspected it wouldn’t work but though I might as well check.
2020 Hard Rock, HGV Seaworld (no Disney )
2022 Grand Floridian, Hard Rock, AOA Villa
BertnErnie is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List