Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 15 Feb 18, 04:45 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyPCLI
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by MariaLynda View Post
no idea, but if it does mean that, ppl could technically add other people to their booking and give them free parking...
And get them 60 days fast passes - how can Disney not know about these glitches? We pay to stay onsite for a reason but sounds like offsite guests are laughing!
Old 15 Feb 18, 04:45 PM  
Link to this Post
99plums
Imagineer

I think it's only one vehicle per room anyway, except for the campsite where you get two vehicles as you can have up to 10 people on a single pitch thingy.
99plums is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Feb 18, 04:52 PM  
Link to this Post
floridasgirl
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
The offsite group wont be able to park for free, and neither should they either.
Im glad someone said it! Booking fast passes through onsite privileges is a bit different to trying to get free parking!
Christmas/New Year 1999/2000 Indian Ridge Villa, May 2001 Fort Lauderdale /I Drive/Port Charlotte/Key West/Miami, May 2005 Westhaven Villa, April 2006 Rotunda Villa/Highlands Reserve Villa, June 2007 Sanibel Villa/Grand Cypress Villas, Christmas/New Year 2010/2011 Lake Wilson Preserve Villa, July/Aug 2012 reunion resort villa, Nov 2012 new York new York!
floridasgirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Feb 18, 04:59 PM  
Link to this Post
MariaLynda
VIP Dibber

I don't think off site guests are laughing at all, I was just saying generally does it mean that. After all the threads about throw away bookings, booking rooms for one night and being able to cancel it, but still keep your fps... how do they know how many cars they are letting in on one booking?

Ridgewood Lakes Oct 1999 : Westridge May 2001 : Florida Pines Jan 2003 : Crescent Lakes May '05 : Sandy Ridge May '09 : Sandy Ridge Sept/Oct '10 : Tuscan Ridge April/May '12 : Emerald Island Nov '14 : Windsor Palms May '16 : Emerald Island April/May '18
MariaLynda is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Feb 18, 05:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Disney Bear
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by DisneyPCLI View Post
We're staying onsite so get the free parking - can we still park at another hotel then enter the parks from there still for free? For example breakfast at ohana then get monorail to MK? Because the car won't have a sign how will Disney know?
Any offsite guests could do this so how do they monitor?
You get parking at your hotel and the parks. You may be able to park at other hotels for adrs - depends on capacity. For Ohara - best to park at the ttc - it’s a short walk or you can get the monorail.
Disney Bear is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Feb 18, 05:05 PM  
Link to this Post
mikec88
Earning My Ears

Mobile

It isn't a glitch, I was advised that Disney allow the fastpass booking at 60 days by a cast member when I called the helpline.

As I won't be using the car park pass, I wouldn't want it to go to waste if the rest of my party were paying for parking unnecessarily.
mikec88 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Feb 18, 05:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Originally Posted by mikec88 View Post
It isn't a glitch, I was advised that Disney allow the fastpass booking at 60 days by a cast member when I called the helpline.

As I won't be using the car park pass, I wouldn't want it to go to waste if the rest of my party were paying for parking unnecessarily.
There isn't a paper pass anymore. Entry is via the Magic Band being scanned. That band belongs to the WDW room occupant.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Feb 18, 06:00 PM  
Link to this Post
mikec88
Earning My Ears

Mobile

Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
There isn't a paper pass anymore. Entry is via the Magic Band being scanned. That band belongs to the WDW room occupant.
This is why I'm asking - all our tickets/magicbands are linked on MDE (hence the shared fastpass functionality) so will the car park pass also be shared?
mikec88 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Feb 18, 06:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Originally Posted by mikec88 View Post
This is why I'm asking - all our tickets/magicbands are linked on MDE (hence the shared fastpass functionality) so will the car park pass also be shared?
Sorry I'm confused - doesnt take much!
You onsite will have Bands so can gain Park and Hotel access to the respective parking areas.
The offsite Guests wont have Bands. Now they can access your Resort for dining etc by showing Photo ID etc. But with no Band they can't get free parking at the 4 Parks.
Hope thats what you meant.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Feb 18, 06:12 PM  
Link to this Post
mikec88
Earning My Ears

Mobile

Thanks Mr Tom. I see what you're saying but the off-site people do have their own bands (anyone can purchase, they're just complimentary if staying onsite).

I think it may be best to just ask at the car park at the time, not sure many people have had experience of this situation!