Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 20 Feb 18, 07:24 PM  
Link to this Post
xxfaeriedustxx
I want to go now!

Mobile Pram in the heat

Hi,

Do you put any covers / sunshades on the pram?

I’ve come accoss UV nets such has the Koo-di Double Sun and Sleep Stroller Cover (Black) are they worth it / do they add to the problem? I have concerns with draping something over the pram.

Thanks
xxfaeriedustxx is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Feb 18, 07:40 PM  
Link to this Post
NewtoOrlando
VIP Dibber

NewtoOrlando's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
I never put anything over my kids buggies when they were babies, I work in paediatrics and have seen/heard too many horror stories. I made sure our buggies had a hood which covered them and avoided leaving them in direct sunlight if I could. It's really important to keep the air circulation when a baby is in a buggy.

Edited at 07:43 PM.
NewtoOrlando is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Feb 18, 07:51 PM  
Link to this Post
RickT
Imagineer

Never cover the pram / stroller in the heat.. airflow is key.

We always took a stroller which had a big sun canopy on it and if kiddie was asleep, just tried to stay in the shade.

Also, if using a rain cover in a storm, just make sure its only for a few minutes as it has a green house effect .
Las Vegas 18 - Florida 18 -Holland 18 -Bratislava 18 -Florida 17 -Holland 17 -Rhodes 17 - Kos 17 - France 16-Belgium 16-Holland 16-Germany 16-Sopot Poland 15-Kos 15-DLP SQL 15-Hampton Lakes 14-Hamburg 14- Berlin 13-WestRidge Villas 12-Krakow 12-France 11-Turkey 11-Germany 10-Marbella 10-Jamaica 09-Dublin 09-Dublin 08-Paris 08-Zante Villa 08-Egypt 2008-Rhodes 2008-Sweden 08-Norway 08-Rhodes 07- Huatulco Mexico 07-DLP Magic Circus 2007-Dublin 2007-Sweden 07-Greece 06/05/04-Barcelona 04-Rhodes 02
RickT is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Feb 18, 08:26 PM  
Link to this Post

I absolutely rate the Koodi! Best bit of baby kit we ever bought along with Ewan the dream sheep .
So good, keeps baby cool and protected and helps them sleep when there’s too much stimulation.
I kept seeing people putting big thick blankets over buggies and thinking the poor child must be cooking under there ! The mesh design is great and it folds up so small you just Velcro it to the pushchair handle. They would not still be a top seller if they were dangerous . Used one from 3 months up until 4 years old on hot holidays

Edited at 08:28 PM.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Feb 18, 08:26 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Originally Posted by RickT View Post
Never cover the pram / stroller in the heat.. airflow is key.

We always took a stroller which had a big sun canopy on it and if kiddie was asleep, just tried to stay in the shade.

Also, if using a rain cover in a storm, just make sure its only for a few minutes as it has a green house effect .
They’re purpose built for sun and heat , they’re made of uv mesh
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Feb 18, 09:46 PM  
Link to this Post
mushumadness
VIP Dibber

mushumadness's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 6
Mobile

Baby jogger buggys hoods completely cover on the sun without blocking all th air
The number of buggys you seenwith blankets completely covering them is unbelievable it must be like an oven
mushumadness is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Feb 18, 09:53 PM  
Link to this Post
weeleighluigi
Imagineer

I agree with the baby jogger, when its reclined too the back has a cover that can be lifted up to create more airflow.

I would often put a very light cotton scarf over my little ones hood (the kind that are really thin), but never all the way like a cocoon. Just draped a little to create that wee bit more shade. That little bit of lower light level was essential to get her to sleep. I was aware of the dangers hence the super light scarf and only using it draped off the hood, not all the way over and often once she was sleeping i would remove it.
weeleighluigi is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Feb 18, 10:15 PM  
Link to this Post
xxfaeriedustxx
I want to go now!

There was never a chance of a blanket covering the pram but maybe a clip on parasols or something specificity designed for the task, I’m hesitant about the koodi cover and I cannot find reviews that’s have attempted to do a bit of scientific testing - I think I’d have to put a thermometer in the pram for piece of mind if we went this route.

We are going to be taking a Cosatto Supa Dupa which has hoods which fold out pretty far.
xxfaeriedustxx is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Feb 18, 10:45 PM  
Link to this Post
arielrocks
VIP Dibber

Mobile

We used the Diono sun shade as it’s really flexible and can be moved to offer Almost total shade and we also had a clip on buggy fan on the belly bar to keep baby cool.
arielrocks is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Feb 18, 10:53 PM  
Link to this Post
RM2016
Imagineer

RM2016's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
As long as you have a buggy with a decent built in sun shade there is no need to cover or drape the buggy in anything else no matter how light weight or thin.
RM2016 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List