Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 21 Feb 18, 08:11 AM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Originally Posted by yellowrose78 View Post
We've done MK twice, and can't comment on DS, however the attention our daughter got in MK was amazing, especially from cast members and characters in the parade. I would recommend this one
Yes I second this .
The castle is a wonderful experience for any girl who loves dressing up and the attention she received as soon as she stepped outside was just lovely .
The make up didn’t last long though but that was become she wanted to go in the pool an hour later ! The hair was good for a few days
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Feb 18, 09:45 AM  
Link to this Post
Bee happy
VIP Dibber

Bee happy's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by PumpkinKitty View Post
Yes I second this .
The castle is a wonderful experience for any girl who loves dressing up and the attention she received as soon as she stepped outside was just lovely .
The make up didn’t last long though but that was become she wanted to go in the pool an hour later ! The hair was good for a few days
I agree with this,my daughter has had full package twice at MK,my son has also done knights package.
Wonderful experience walking out into MK dressed as a real princess/knight. On both occasions we had lunch at CRT. My dd was 4 & 6 having her makeovers and walked around in her outfits for rest of day in Aug heat no problem.
I think it's not just the makeover but whole experience of being at MK dressed as a princess with all the fuss made of you and photo opportunities with the characters.
I would choose MK every time.
Old 21 Feb 18, 09:50 AM  
Link to this Post
RM2016
Imagineer

RM2016's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
My girls preferred the MK experience by far and have done this several times whereas we have only gone to Disney Springs once. The whole experience is great and if you get an early slot it isn’t as busy as later on in the day and you have the whole day ahead to get all the lovely comments from the CMs round the Park. My daughters too have enjoyed Pirates League where the staff are brilliant and such good fun. This is also a nice option if you feel BBB is a bit OTT with hair and make up.
RM2016 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Feb 18, 09:54 AM  
Link to this Post
Posiesmum
VIP Dibber

Posiesmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 3

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
Guidebook Photos: 3
As the Disney Shop at Disney Springs is now half closed due to refurb, I'm not sure if BBB is still available there?
Posiesmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Feb 18, 10:54 AM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Originally Posted by Posiesmum View Post
As the Disney Shop at Disney Springs is now half closed due to refurb, I'm not sure if BBB is still available there?
BBB at Disney Springs has it's own building now.
Old 21 Feb 18, 10:59 AM  
Link to this Post
3family
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by scoobydooby View Post
I’d say it’s best to do neither TBH they put a lot of makeup on them and hair stuff that I wouldn’t want to be washing out. I dressed my DD up at her request as a princess for Cinderella’s Royal Table multiple times when she was little and and she loved it. She also wanted to be out of that drsss and into her shorts with a cap on 10 seconds after every meal ended. When she was 10 she begged to do the Pirates makeover so we did. The make up was less glitter than the Princess do and the costume was obviously different. She enjoyed it but was still in the loos wiping the make up off three hours later. I’m not been a grump just giving the view you can probably save some money and give them as much fun via your own devices.
FWIW our daughter had very little make up put on, and she loved her hair

More importantly her mam was happy that it was a) age appropriate and b) easily washed

Not suggesting your opinion isn’t valid, just pointing out that there isn’t always a ton of make up involved
Old 21 Feb 18, 11:04 AM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

The hair is a bit too tight for my liking and yes they have makeup but IMO it's just dress up and if it makes a little girl feel like a Princess for the day then it's all good.My Granddaughter loved it.
Old 21 Feb 18, 11:08 AM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Originally Posted by Scotsmomma View Post
The hair is a bit too tight for my liking and yes they have makeup but IMO it's just dress up and if it makes a little girl feel like a Princess for the day then it's all good.My Granddaughter loved it.
Ah cute !
I asked them to keep dd’s fringe out so it looked less harsh on her face as she was only 4
Old 21 Feb 18, 11:12 AM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Originally Posted by PumpkinKitty View Post
Ah cute !
I asked them to keep dd’s fringe out so it looked less harsh on her face as she was only 4
Awww gorgeous..the hair was the only part I wasn't keen on,it's a lovely experience for them.
Old 21 Feb 18, 11:20 AM  
Link to this Post
3family
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Yeah, our daughter’s hair wasn’t too tight at all (as requested). They showed her a sheet with loads of different styles and she picked her own