Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Closed Thread

Old 19 Jul 14, 12:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Bullpeppar
Imagineer

Bullpeppar's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Worked for me in MCO last week. Saved some time doing it. Best tip ever

DLP-Santa Fe '01DLP-Cheyenne '03Quality Inn Jul'05 Oak Plantation Resort-Jul'07-3wksDLP-Sequoia Dec'08Hamlet Crt-Jul'09-3wksHamlet Crt,NY,HRH-Jul'11-3wksRPR & Rotonda-Jul'12 Hamlet Crt,Rotonda-Jul'13-3wksRPR,Hamlet Crt,Rotonda-Jul'14Watersong,RPR,Rotonda Jul'15-3 wksWatersong,RPR,Rotonda-Jul'17-3wks LGI, Watersong,RPR-July ‘19
Bullpeppar is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jul 14, 01:15 PM  
Link to this Post
brwhy
Serious Dibber

Mobile

Woohoo, did save time before I left and got barcode. Huge queue at Alamo desk after an hour in MCO arrivals hall. Convinced my party we were fine to go straight to garage. Showed my paper work to lady In garage and was shown to go to minivan row. only delay was choosing from the 20 vans they had and we were off. Glad I read the many save time threads. :-)
brwhy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jul 14, 01:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Torypops
Imagineer

Originally Posted by brwhy View Post
Woohoo, did save time before I left and got barcode. Huge queue at Alamo desk after an hour in MCO arrivals hall. Convinced my party we were fine to go straight to garage. Showed my paper work to lady In garage and was shown to go to minivan row. only delay was choosing from the 20 vans they had and we were off. Glad I read the many save time threads. :-)
That's great!
Did you have just the barcode too or did you also have rental agreement?
Torypops is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jul 14, 01:28 PM  
Link to this Post
brwhy
Serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Torypops View Post
That's great!
Did you have just the barcode too or did you also have rental agreement?
Just the bar code. Guy at gate gave me paperwork after I showed my driving licence and credit card ( which dosent have to be the one you booked on) he also offers you to pre pay fuel which I declined. FYI I was $38 for 11 gallons which about 3/4 of a tank in my minivan.
brwhy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jul 14, 01:32 PM  
Link to this Post
smedley
Imagineer

Just the bar code. Guy at gate gave me paperwork after I showed my driving licence and credit card ( which dosent have to be the one you booked on) he also offers you to pre pay fuel which I declined. FYI I was $38 for 11 gallons which about 3/4 of a tank in my minivan.
Thanks for this as you've just answered a question without me needing to ask, as I've booked and paid via alamo brits using my debit card, but intend using my credit card over there to show in the office when we pick the car up

Previous trips (mostly villas,) '98,'00,03,04x2,06,07,11 (first onsite stay SSR),12 villa and RCI cruise,14 OKW,15 RCI cruise, Clearwater and Int Drive. 16 West Coast DL, 17
smedley is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jul 14, 01:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Torypops
Imagineer

That sounds just perfect.
I think I requested a full tank and I think the quote is $80, might need to rethink that bit
Seven seater minivan is the category I've booked, good to hear so much choice.
So, which minivan did you go for?

Edited at 01:35 PM.
Torypops is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jul 14, 01:50 PM  
Link to this Post
brwhy
Serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Torypops View Post
That sounds just perfect.
I think I requested a full tank and I think the quote is $80, might need to rethink that bit
Seven seater minivan is the category I've booked, good to hear so much choice.
So, which minivan did you go for?
Majority of vans were Dodge Grand Caravans with a few town and country's. Went for a Dodge GC SXT. Spec is basic but was quite new and clean. Very nice to drive.

Tip if you want to spot it in a car park ignore the black, white, silver and goldish and take the red one. Less common and easier to pick out.
Old 19 Jul 14, 01:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Torypops
Imagineer

Majority of vans were Dodge Grand Caravans with a few town and country's. Went for a Dodge GC SXT. Spec is basic but was quite new and clean. Very nice to drive.

Tip if you want to spot it in a car park ignore the black, white, silver and goldish and take the red one. Less common and easier to pick out.
Cool, thanks for the tip.
Enjoy and have a fab time away
Old 19 Jul 14, 01:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinks_81
Apprentice Imagineer

I'm excited to get my car now!

Can I ask - how far in advance can you do savetime and when is the cut off please?
2012 highgrove villa
2014 AOA at TownCentre villa
Tinks_81 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jul 14, 02:00 PM  
Link to this Post
brwhy
Serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Tinks_81 View Post
I'm excited to get my car now!

Can I ask - how far in advance can you do savetime and when is the cut off please?
I did it when I booked about 9 months in advance. I'm guessing that you can do it upto a day before pickup.
Closed Thread