Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Closed Thread

Old 3 Mar 15, 06:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Parkie
Getting Excited

DAMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

Wish I had seen this before I just done OLCI, as I have the prepay fuel option I can not skip the counter. And I've put my flight details in D'oh. I goggled "skip the counter" the page appears yipppe, but then disappears, poosticks. Cleared cookies but alas I can not do it. The kiosk it is for me!
Parkie is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Mar 15, 06:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Yorkshire_Dan
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Parkie View Post
DAMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

Wish I had seen this before I just done OLCI, as I have the prepay fuel option I can not skip the counter. And I've put my flight details in D'oh. I goggled "skip the counter" the page appears yipppe, but then disappears, poosticks. Cleared cookies but alas I can not do it. The kiosk it is for me!
Try doing it via the Alamo.com page with the link in my sticky logging in with your details on the check in page.

If it's available (which I doubt it will be because you have pre-paid) it'll display a button with "skip the counter" on the right hand side of your booking.
Yorkshire_Dan is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Mar 15, 08:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Yorkshire_Dan
Apprentice Imagineer

Bit of an update which may help people...

Rachy couldn't complete Online Check In or Skip the Counter despite qualifying to do so.

I advised her to try booking via Alamo Brits (original booking was made via Alamo.co.uk and .com sites I think) and this resolved the problem.

It would appear that booking via Brits seems to be the best way of getting through the process!

Also, be careful when contacting Alamo as it would appear that their staff do not know how the procedure works either! They gave false information/advice to Rachy.
Yorkshire_Dan is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Mar 15, 09:21 PM  
Link to this Post
dave
Imagineer

Many thanks. I had done savetime and got the barcode email which I thought was enough. Now I know to do this process too!👍
Sunset lakes 01, Weston Hills 03,Indian Ridge 04, Davenport 04, Westridge 06 & 07, Florida Pines 08, Lake Berkley 09, Windsor Hills 10, Emerald Island 12, Westridge 13, Legacy Park 15, Eagle Pointe 16, Loma Linda & Windsor Hills 17, Westridge 18, Bella Vida 19
FLORIDA MASTERS WORST TRAVEL AGENT 2015
HOLIDAY GENIE / TRAVELUP WORST TRAVEL AGENT 2016
dave is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Mar 15, 09:54 PM  
Link to this Post
adamtoonarmy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Parkie View Post
DAMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

I have prepay fuel and managed it. See post 5 in this thread it might help you

DDP Vs OOP Live! June 2018
adamtoonarmy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Mar 15, 10:16 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by barnsley View Post
From our previous experiences of using the VH/Alamo OLCI service, we have been able to bypass the counter, go select our car and then drive to the parking lot exit barrier. It's at this point when the person in the exit booth checks all paperwork/driving license and credit card and prints off the rental paperwork and then it's hello Orlando.

We did exactly the same with Virgin Alamo booking when we went to Vegas couple of years ago. Also picked up sat nav we had pre booked from the booth at the exit. Much quicker so have done the same for Orlando this year.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Mar 15, 10:30 PM  
Link to this Post
JoB
Serious Dibber

Thanks for the advice. I booked my car hire with Alamo at Thomas Cook (Netflights). All prepaid with fuel and Sat Nav. I thought the system would not allow me to go straight to the garage but I follwed Dan's advice with Firefox and the Google search and it worked perfectly first time.
JoB is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Mar 15, 10:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Yorkshire_Dan
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by JoB View Post
Thanks for the advice. I booked my car hire with Alamo at Thomas Cook (Netflights). All prepaid with fuel and Sat Nav. I thought the system would not allow me to go straight to the garage but I follwed Dan's advice with Firefox and the Google search and it worked perfectly first time.
Glad to hear it, well done.
Old 4 Mar 15, 09:43 AM  
Link to this Post

Thanks for taking the time to write up this information, I thought I was already sorted after completing Savetime, will just have to get on and complete the rest now. Thanks again
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Mar 15, 12:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Yorkshire_Dan
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by MAP70 View Post
Thanks for taking the time to write up this information, I thought I was already sorted after completing Savetime, will just have to get on and complete the rest now. Thanks again
No problem.

It's quite straight forward (most of the time). Any issues let me know and I'll try help.
Closed Thread