Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Closed Thread

Old 25 Jul 15, 11:39 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile Managing without a car

Hi

We're so used to hiring a car in Orlando but next year we've decided to just get the buses to/from the parks.

Is this a bad idea? Do you think it'll make a huge difference?

Lyn
Xx
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jul 15, 11:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Greyfriars
Imagineer

In my opinion if you usually have a car then the lack of one will drive you crazy!
Personally after having 24 trips with a car I wouldn't go if I couldn't have one.
Old 26 Jul 15, 12:00 AM  
Link to this Post
BigPetesWife
Imagineer

Mobile

Where are you staying?
BigPetesWife is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jul 15, 12:09 AM  
Link to this Post
jemima2
Imagineer

Mobile

We are back recently from our first trip and I will never go again without our own car, driving comes with problems of its own I am sure and two def sides to it all but we are planning a trip for 2017 and it will be with car hire I can tell you that!
jemima2 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jul 15, 12:13 AM  
Link to this Post
dan123
Imagineer

Mobile

Definition of manage;

"succeed in surviving or in achieving something despite difficult circumstances; cope."

doesn't sum up how I want to spend my holiday!
dan123 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jul 15, 12:32 AM  
Link to this Post
HatboxToast
Earning More Ears

I've never rented a car on the Orlando trips -

Full disclosure: It's just my Wife and I on these trips, I can imagine it being different with Kids.

We've usually stayed on IDrive and found the park shuttle busses and taxis to be fine.

The second time we went we almost exclusively used taxis to get to and from the Orlando parks and Disney. When we totalled it up we found that the price of using the taxis was marginally more expensive than renting a car (around an extra £20)
For us this was ideal, we could have a couple of drinks with dinners and not worry about driving when extra tired after a late park day.
HatboxToast is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jul 15, 12:52 AM  
Link to this Post
swanney01
Serious Dibber

Mobile

We are staying on site next year for the first time, usually we stay in a villa, we will still have a car though as I want to go places at my pace and convenience and not be relying on buses
swanney01 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jul 15, 01:06 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by dan123 View Post
Definition of manage;

"succeed in surviving or in achieving something despite difficult circumstances; cope."

doesn't sum up how I want to spend my holiday!
Perfect answer!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jul 15, 07:19 AM  
Link to this Post
skyhigh
Excited about Disney

Never struggled without having a car transport is fine over there. my holiday is not having to drive and let someone else do it.
skyhigh is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jul 15, 07:34 AM  
Link to this Post
Bullpeppar
Imagineer

Bullpeppar's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Would never dream of going to Florida and not hiring a car. Having that flexibility to go where you want, when you want rather than when someone/thing wants you to go is not for us.

DLP-Santa Fe '01DLP-Cheyenne '03Quality Inn Jul'05 Oak Plantation Resort-Jul'07-3wksDLP-Sequoia Dec'08Hamlet Crt-Jul'09-3wksHamlet Crt,NY,HRH-Jul'11-3wksRPR & Rotonda-Jul'12 Hamlet Crt,Rotonda-Jul'13-3wksRPR,Hamlet Crt,Rotonda-Jul'14Watersong,RPR,Rotonda Jul'15-3 wksWatersong,RPR,Rotonda-Jul'17-3wks LGI, Watersong,RPR-July ‘19
Bullpeppar is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread