Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Closed Thread

Old 26 Jul 15, 12:56 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Originally Posted by Cuxi View Post
Seriously? The person who made that highly offensive, asinine post is a Dibb presenter?! Zero credibility ...
Yep,afraid so. I understand that he recommends driving but I don't understand why has to make that comment. I also don't understand why the fact that some people don't drive seems to bug the happiness of people who do.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jul 15, 01:03 PM  
Link to this Post
MariaLynda
VIP Dibber

I dont think blusteryday was being seious in saying everyone getting buses etc are unwashed, he just prefers to be in his own vehicle rather than than tied to the constraits of public transport, dont take it out of context! After a hot busy day in the parks he just rather get in the confines of his own vehicle and not with 40 others, and go where he wants rather than where the bus route goes.

Ridgewood Lakes Oct 1999 : Westridge May 2001 : Florida Pines Jan 2003 : Crescent Lakes May '05 : Sandy Ridge May '09 : Sandy Ridge Sept/Oct '10 : Tuscan Ridge April/May '12 : Emerald Island Nov '14 : Windsor Palms May '16 : Emerald Island April/May '18
MariaLynda is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jul 15, 01:07 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Originally Posted by MariaLynda View Post
I dont think blusteryday was being seious in saying everyone getting buses etc are unwashed, he just prefers to be in his own vehicle rather than than tied to the constraits of public transport, dont take it out of context! After a hot busy day in the parks he just rather get in the confines of his own vehicle and not with 40 others, and go where he wants rather than where the bus route goes.
I'm not taking it out of context at all..he knows it's offensive and keeps saying it!
Old 26 Jul 15, 01:28 PM  
Link to this Post
jdouds
Imagineer

Hi all we are just back from our 9 visit and 3rd onsite and we would not be without a car . The bus service from OKW is first class which we used a lot but for the trips shopping to mall at millennia or a bit of food shopping we use the car and as car hire is relatively cheap not worth doing without
jdouds is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jul 15, 01:42 PM  
Link to this Post

No one should be worried about getting around without a car. It's easy as long as you are a bit relaxed about being in control. We found the buses are regular, air conditioned and more friendly than at home. Taxis are reasonably priced. We like to be able to have a drink when we fancy and not worry about driving, parking, finding the car again, getting lost, parking charges etc...Some people really like to drive everywhere in the UK are lost without a car or don't like walking (I'm thinking of our morning school traffic) so not surprising lots of people feel the need to have access to a car on holiday. We like the freedom of not having a car to worry about. I agree if you want to explore further afield than the parks a car is a good idea so if that's the plan I would hire a car for a few days.
Old 26 Jul 15, 02:51 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by MariaLynda View Post

Well it's getting old. For some of us the option for driving out there just isn't there and getting around without a car is easily achieveable ...
Old 26 Jul 15, 03:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Buzz n' Piglet
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Disneyhm View Post
These threads really stress me out. We are staying onsite and not getting a car because we would rather spend the money elsewhere but reading the threads about the buses etc is making me panic that it is going to be unbearable and a massive waste of time with my 2 kids.

I really hope it's not as bad as people make out.
Staying on site you will be fine without the car. The disney buses are frequent and drop you right at the park entrance.

I still prefer the flexibility of having the car and will have one when staying onsite this year but will also have no qualms about using Disney transport when I don;t want to drive (ie want to have freedom to have alcohol).

Offsite is a different matter. Never again will I go and rely on offsite shuttle buses that only run at certain times and dictate your holidays timetable, or pay a fortune in taxi fares.
Buzz n' Piglet is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jul 15, 03:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Sweets
like a dog with a bone

Mobile

You don't have to pay a fortune in taxi fares. You could use uber

Port Orleans Riverside ~ Oct 2012
Hard Rock Hotel (no Disney!) ~ Aug 2016
New York, Sheraton NY Times Square ~ Feb 2017
Santorini, Dana Villas ~ Aug 2017
Yacht Club ~ Sept 2018
Caribbean Cruise, P&O ~ Mar 2019
Caribbean Beach Resort ~ May 2022 & May 2023
Drury Plaza (first adults only trip!) ~ Aug 2024

Sweets is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jul 15, 03:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Tiggernut
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by dan123 View Post
Definition of manage;

"succeed in surviving or in achieving something despite difficult circumstances; cope."

doesn't sum up how I want to spend my holiday!
Spot on! I always say I could 'manage' to wash all my clothes by hand each week but I'd rather use a washing machine! 😆
1992(Honeymoon)&1993 Quality Inn International; 1995, 1997, 2006 and 2009 West Coast; 1996 & 1999 Comfort Inn LBV; 2004 Indian Ridge; 2005 & 2011 Regal Palms; 2007 & 2010 The Manors at West Haven; 2008 Sunridge Woods; 2012 Boston and New York 2013 Sandy Ridge 2014 Colorado/Utah/Vegas 2015 Manors North at West Haven 2016 LV/SF/YOSEMITE 2017 Canada 2017 Indian Ridge Oaks
Tiggernut is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jul 15, 03:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Robbies-tackle
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by JakesArmy View Post
Very offensive to call people unwashed just because we don't hire a car!
I'm sure it was meant tongue in cheek. Certainly that's the way I took it!
Robbies-tackle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread