Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Closed Thread

Old 8 Dec 15, 08:49 PM  
Link to this Post
toonarmani
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 137
Originally Posted by princess-momo View Post
i think that we've decided on hiring a car for 10 days in the middle of our trip to give us the flexibility for going to resorts or shopping at our own leisurely pace.
we're not going to need a car until about 2 days into the holiday and the last 2 days before departure we'll have done all our shopping trips etc... so the shuttles will be suffice for these days (or an uber)
That's what I've done. 11 days (pick up at DCCC) for 7seater minivan for only £260. Free pickup from hotel to DCCC and back. Can't argue with that
toonarmani is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Dec 15, 09:01 PM  
Link to this Post
princess-momo
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by toonarmani View Post
That's what I've done. 11 days (pick up at DCCC) for 7seater minivan for only £260. Free pickup from hotel to DCCC and back. Can't argue with that
ah, i hadn't yet looked at prices; £260 sounds pretty reasonable we'd need a 5 seater just. I don't mind sitting in the middle of 2 kiddies haha. that's another thing we'll need to do as well, sort out car seats. We'll probably just purchase 2 high backs from Walmart
princess-momo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Dec 15, 09:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Gabsnoot
Imagineer

ah, i hadn't yet looked at prices; £260 sounds pretty reasonable we'd need a 5 seater just. I don't mind sitting in the middle of 2 kiddies haha. that's another thing we'll need to do as well, sort out car seats. We'll probably just purchase 2 high backs from Walmart
I bought a bubble bum booster seat for DD6 this year, it was great and deflated down quite small to fit in the luggage. I wouldn't advise it for kids under maybe 4 though so if your kids are little Walmart is probably your best plan.
Gabsnoot is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Dec 15, 09:28 PM  
Link to this Post
princess-momo
Apprentice Imagineer

my kids are tiny. My daughter just turned 5 this year and still wears age 3-4! Her 3 year old brother is still in 1.5/2 clothes so we'll definitely want high backs. been having a wee look at walmart carseats and you can pick up a high back for as little as $28
princess-momo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Dec 15, 09:37 PM  
Link to this Post
disney babe
VIP Dibber

We have stayed on-site 5 times now, had a car the first time and it never moved out of the car park, since then we haven't had a car. I would maybe get a car for a few days for shopping and if you want to go offsite but easy using disney transport for on-site is so easy and no worries if you want a drink or two.
I. Drive july 92,DLP 98,99, 02, 04, comfort suites sept 03, southern dunes july 06, westridge july 09, RPR, orange tree, OKW july 12, chatham park, OKW oct 13, RPR, polo park east, AKL, july 14, CBBR, HRH, CBR, disney dream, BCV oct 15, La, Vegas, SF July 16, new york, GFV, CBR, BCV july 17, Miami, Rosen inn, CBBR july 18, LV, Anaheim Oct 18, rosen inn, aventura dec 18, Fl keys, AoA, portofino bay july 19, mirage LV oct 19, rosen inn, pop dec 19, POP, Rosen Inn, POFQ aug 22
disney babe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Dec 15, 09:30 AM  
Link to this Post
toonarmani
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
We took 2 boosters in a spare suitcase and filled it for the return journey with outlet bargains
toonarmani is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Dec 15, 08:46 PM  
Link to this Post
princess-momo
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by toonarmani View Post
We took 2 boosters in a spare suitcase and filled it for the return journey with outlet bargains
i wish that could be the case for our 2 but i think they're a bit too small for boosters (and i'm a littler bit on the picky side in terms of carseat safety) ah we'll think of something! for all the time we're going to be in a car but still, better safe than sorry!
Old 9 Dec 15, 10:08 PM  
Link to this Post
toonarmani
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
You can take car seats for free on the plane, just check them with the cases. Our kids are old enough just for boosters but plenty took high backs with them.
Old 9 Dec 15, 11:46 PM  
Link to this Post
themeparksandy
Imagineer

Our take on Car vs buses. This is our 4th trip as a couple and 1st as a family.

On our 1st visit in Sept 2007 it was just the 2 of us we stayed on Site at the Pop century resort with the free dinning plan and hired a car for the whole holiday. We used it to go Busch Gardens,Both Universal parks,Sea World and 1 day shopping. It was good as on the way back from the parks we went to a Disney park for dinner and watch the fireworks. In the end we were taking it to the parks just to use the petrol up.

On our 2nd Visit in Sept 2008 I took my parents with us. We stayed at Riverside and again hired a car we took it out to both Universal parks.Sea World,Busch gardens and dropped my partner and my mum off at the mall while me and my dad went to Disney Quest then picked them up later.

On our 3rd Visit in Sept 2011 we opt for transfers to Disney and it's the best decision we made. We scraped going to Sea World and Busch Gardens and just went to both Universal parks and to the Florida Mall. We got the Lynx buses from TTC. I hate shopping in the uk so don't do it in Florida in the 3 visits there all I brought is a watch and trainers. Anyway I left her taking her time walking round while I sit in a sports bar watching the football,talking to the locals and enjoying the real ale. We good knowing I didn't have to worry about how many I had drank.
themeparksandy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Dec 15, 02:23 PM  
Link to this Post
princess-momo
Apprentice Imagineer

thanks for that sandy we have plenty of time to come to a final decision but i just like to be organised. There are 3 of us that will be able to drive (me, my OH and my OHs brother) I don't drink so could easily drive from the malls if my OH and bro wanted to have a drink. I don't see the need for having the car the WHOLE holiday, i've worked out that much haha!

thank you for everyones views, appreciate it. it's helping me see the bigger pic
Closed Thread