Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Closed Thread

Old 28 Jun 16, 12:05 PM  
Link to this Post
rhino
Excited about Disney

Alamo be very careful

I just want to warn anyone who is hiring a car off Alamo .
We returned on Saturday and I have just checked my credit card statement online and I have been charged $90.96 and I don't know what for. When I picked up the car my paper work said no extra charges I returned the car full and there was no damage to the car so I have emailed Alamo and are waiting for a reply :angry: I will keep you informed of the outcome.
rhino is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jun 16, 12:13 PM  
Link to this Post
curlysue2
Apprentice Imagineer

Was this Sanford or MCO?
curlysue2 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jun 16, 12:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Carole ragdoll
slightly serious Dibber

Dollar tried this when we picked the car up from Sanford but dh has a banking app on his phone and there was a lot of confusion over our car and people butting in whilst he was seeing to us that he didn't trust it.
The car we booked was already hired out and he tried to sneak an upgrade in and let us pay for it when it was their fault. He booked money from the cc without checking with us but dh saw it and asked what the reason was.
Suddenly we had Gmc instead of something much smaller with no extra cost and the money was booked back so if possible check when you hand over your cc at the desk.
Old 28 Jun 16, 12:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
OP. What did the reciept produced from their hand held machines at the Airport when you returned the car say please?

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jun 16, 12:37 PM  
Link to this Post
rhino
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by Carole ragdoll View Post
Dollar tried this when we picked the car up from Sanford but dh has a banking app on his phone and there was a lot of confusion over our car and people butting in whilst he was seeing to us that he didn't trust it.
The car we booked was already hired out and he tried to sneak an upgrade in and let us pay for it when it was their fault. He booked money from the cc without checking with us but dh saw it and asked what the reason was.
Suddenly we had Gmc instead of something much smaller with no extra cost and the money was booked back so if possible check when you hand over your cc at the desk.
We are home now but we skipped the counter and went straight to the garage and got the correct car we had booked. When we returned the car they just scanned the car and said that's all and said goodbye
rhino is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jun 16, 12:40 PM  
Link to this Post
rhino
Excited about Disney

They did not give us a receipt they just said goodbye and have a safe trip home
Old 28 Jun 16, 12:52 PM  
Link to this Post
ChrisS
Imagineer

Originally Posted by rhino View Post
They did not give us a receipt they just said goodbye and have a safe trip home
Ah, therein lies the problem rhino, never, ever leave the car until you have a sign off sheet that states $0 on the bottom. I hang on to these sheets plus our petrol receipt and any toll receipts for at least 3 months in case the car supplier try to apply a charge to my cc.
ChrisS is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jun 16, 01:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Originally Posted by ChrisS View Post
Ah, therein lies the problem rhino, never, ever leave the car until you have a sign off sheet that states $0 on the bottom. I hang on to these sheets plus our petrol receipt and any toll receipts for at least 3 months in case the car supplier try to apply a charge to my cc.
Chris. Exactly what I do.

OP They cannot scan the car without their machines producing a reciept so they must have slung it. Hope you get a response from Alamo soon albeit they are pretty quick.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jun 16, 01:19 PM  
Link to this Post
ChrisS
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
Chris. Exactly what I do.

OP They cannot scan the car without their machines producing a reciept so they must have slung it. Hope you get a response from Alamo soon albeit they are pretty quick.
Now we only have a one day hire going to Pine Island and a two day on the return I don't encounter 'admin errors' (cough!) or hard sell tactics. As you know MrT, I use Budget also ensuring our initial, desk issued, contract has $0 on the bottom before taking the motor.
ChrisS is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jun 16, 01:24 PM  
Link to this Post
rhino
Excited about Disney

Yes you're correct I just hope other people see this thread and don't make the same mistake as I did 😔
Closed Thread