Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Closed Thread

Old 14 Sep 16, 01:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Forkbeard
Imagineer

Originally Posted by jimboxlo View Post
I actually booked my BA fly drive first and then signed up for Avis Preferred.

I have just called Avis's Reservation Team on 0808 284 5566, gave them my Car Confirmation number (which is on the BA car rental voucher) and my Preferred customer number and they have arranged for my car to be in the garage waiting for me so I can by-pass the desks in the terminal.

They did say that because they have done it this way that the car rental will not show up on my Avis account until I return it.

Glad I called them as this took 4 minutes.
I'm dead keen to have a car ready and waiting in the garage and not have to mess around at the desk. Even when you have no queue, it still seems to take ages for them to process all the info.

As soon as I have my car sorted I will call AVIS regardless of what the IT guys may tell me about the app or my linking etc.
Forkbeard is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Sep 16, 07:16 PM  
Link to this Post
helenlovesdestr
Serious Dibber

ok, so I'm trying to follow this as we booked a BA fly drive and don't have any kind of membership with Avis. I am assuming now that I need to create a preferred account? Not sure why? What difference will it make? However, just looked on my BA voucher for the car and there is a car confirmation number. Is that the number that I need avis to link to my preferred account once I have set one up? thanks!
helenlovesdestr is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Sep 16, 07:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Forkbeard
Imagineer

Originally Posted by helenlovesdestr View Post
ok, so I'm trying to follow this as we booked a BA fly drive and don't have any kind of membership with Avis. I am assuming now that I need to create a preferred account? Not sure why? What difference will it make? However, just looked on my BA voucher for the car and there is a car confirmation number. Is that the number that I need avis to link to my preferred account once I have set one up? thanks!
The preferred account may allow you to bypass the desk and go straight to the car (in the garage). Keys already in the car. It may also give you a free upgrade.
Forkbeard is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Sep 16, 09:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Robbies-tackle
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by Forkbeard View Post
Still trying to make this AVIS preferred "linking" work.

Here's what I've got so far:

1. An online account that I can log into on a desktop and in the AVIS mobile app.

2. A preferred membership no., confirmed by an AVIS email.

3. Called BA on a number provided by a DIBB member who said BA can fix it. BA confirmed they do NOT provide any such service and you need to call AVIS. They did have a vague idea that "linking" exists but could not explain why or how.

4. AVIS seem to have little understanding of what this process is as well. Having spent an hour on the phone and jumped through various hoops online none of which show any indication of a "link". Despite it being mentioned on their website. The rep gave up and said he'd pass it on to their IT people.

5. If I try to do it via their website (various links below) as has been suggested, then I receive a blank screen.

URLs are:
avisba/preferred
secure.avis-europe/secure/preferred
secure.avis-europe/secure/preferred/CreateOnlineAccountFromPreferredProfile

6. The mobile app just throws errors when I hit the AVIS preferred button, attempt to make a reservation or save my settings. I can however see my preferred membership number on my profile screen.

Has anybody actually been through this process? If so can you please explain what you saw onscreen as you went through it?

At least that way I can attempt to explain to AVIS what this process is and how is appears. Hopefully I can then make a reservation using the app

All the best,
James
I had the same issue James compounded by the fact that I had 2 Avis Preferred numbers. I've pasted the reply I got

Dear Mr. S,

Thank you for your calling Avis Customer Service.

As per our phone conversation, I am pleased to inform you that the incorrect Preferred profile XXXXXXXXhas been deleted. Now you will be able to link your online account to the correct Preferred profile of YYYYYYYY In order to set this up, please follow these steps:

- Please go to avis
- Click "YOUR AVIS"
- Click "JOIN AVIS PREFERRED LOYALTY"
- Click on "I ALREADY HAVE AN ACCOUNT"
- Please select "I'm an Avis Preferred member already and would like to create an online account"
- Please provide your Customer number YYYYYYY and Last name, and click on "GET MY DETAILS".
- Please follow the instructions and you should be all set.
Robbies-tackle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Sep 16, 09:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Viking17
Excited about Disney

Mobile

I have signed up to the Avis preferred but was wondering how I go about adding the B A Executive Club free 2nd driver to this in advance of arrival at Tampa. On the B.A website it says we should just take along their licence and credit card. Any ideas?
Old 14 Sep 16, 10:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Forkbeard
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Robbies-tackle View Post
I had the same issue James compounded by the fact that I had 2 Avis Preferred numbers. I've pasted the reply I got

Dear Mr. S,

Thank you for your calling Avis Customer Service.

As per our phone conversation, I am pleased to inform you that the incorrect Preferred profile XXXXXXXXhas been deleted. Now you will be able to link your online account to the correct Preferred profile of YYYYYYYY In order to set this up, please follow these steps:

- Please go to avis
- Click "YOUR AVIS"
- Click "JOIN AVIS PREFERRED LOYALTY"
- Click on "I ALREADY HAVE AN ACCOUNT"
- Please select "I'm an Avis Preferred member already and would like to create an online account"
- Please provide your Customer number YYYYYYY and Last name, and click on "GET MY DETAILS".
- Please follow the instructions and you should be all set.
Thank you for this. It may well have a bearing on things.

I'm pretty sure I don't have two preferred numbers, but you never know.

I'm going to give them a few more days and then start calling them again.

I'll post back my findings.
Old 14 Sep 16, 10:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Forkbeard
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Viking17 View Post
I have signed up to the Avis preferred but was wondering how I go about adding the B A Executive Club free 2nd driver to this in advance of arrival at Tampa. On the B.A website it says we should just take along their licence and credit card. Any ideas?
That is a really good question.

Normally they have to mess around at the desk putting on the 2nd driver, and I'd really love to know how to avoid all that in advance.

I was intending to ask BA this when I make my next booking. If we don't have an answer by then I'll certainly post whatever I find out.

EDIT: I'm wondering if making the 2nd driver also have a preferred membership (since it's free) might help matters.

Edited at 10:34 PM.
Old 15 Sep 16, 08:06 AM  
Link to this Post
jimboxlo
Helping Minnie

Originally Posted by helenlovesdestr View Post
Yes, you can go to the Avis web site, click on the 'Your Avis' tab at the top of the page. That will bring up a sub menu, click on the 'Join Avis Preferred Loyalty'. Enter the required details and wen you join they will give you a member number. You will need this when speaking to an Avis advisor so you can arrange to by-pass the desk in the terminal and go straight to the garage where your car will be waiting for you.

Hope this helps
jimboxlo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Sep 16, 01:16 PM  
Link to this Post
MikeC1964
Very Serious Dibber

I must admit I'm finding this whole process bewildering and am now getting to the point as to whether it is really all worth the hassle - particularly as with Avis you already get a second driver free in as much as spouse's are free, so I'm not sure what extra benefit I will get.

Anyway, I have a BA flydrive which after booking I joined the BA Exec Club like many of you and managed to link that the my BA booking.

I first downloaded the Avis app and entered details there (whcih it acccepted, but no confirmation email or anything like that), but it seems to be more than useless as there doesn't seem to be anywhere for me to link to my Avis booking.

I created a Preferred Account and then tried to access that from the app - no luck there ('Sorry, something went wrong... We're unable to process your request right now... ).

In my Preferred Account (web version) it does not show any upcoming bookings, but I can search for my booking and it finds it... but does not allow me to link it permanently as next time I go in it is still not listed and I have to search for it again.

And I too am flummoxed about how Avis will know that I am a BA Exec Club member so that I get whatever benefits it gives me!

Can someone please remind me why I tried to do all of this in the first place?!
Old 15 Sep 16, 01:26 PM  
Link to this Post
WhereIBelong
Imagineer

Originally Posted by MikeC1964 View Post
I must admit I'm finding this whole process bewildering and am now getting to the point as to whether it is really all worth the hassle - particularly as with Avis you already get a second driver free in as much as spouse's are free, so I'm not sure what extra benefit I will get.

Anyway, I have a BA flydrive which after booking I joined the BA Exec Club like many of you and managed to link that the my BA booking.

I first downloaded the Avis app and entered details there (whcih it acccepted, but no confirmation email or anything like that), but it seems to be more than useless as there doesn't seem to be anywhere for me to link to my Avis booking.

I created a Preferred Account and then tried to access that from the app - no luck there ('Sorry, something went wrong... We're unable to process your request right now... ).

In my Preferred Account (web version) it does not show any upcoming bookings, but I can search for my booking and it finds it... but does not allow me to link it permanently as next time I go in it is still not listed and I have to search for it again.

And I too am flummoxed about how Avis will know that I am a BA Exec Club member so that I get whatever benefits it gives me!

Can someone please remind me why I tried to do all of this in the first place?!
Why are people trying to use an app? What does it actually gain you? (Other than pain and aggro by the looks of it.)

It really was straightforward (even though we did it the wrong way round - join AVIS preferred BEFORE and you just type in the number when you book with BA) - book BA flight and car so only have to pay a deposit. Join Avis preferred on the website. Webchat link BA booking number from hire car voucher to membership. Shows up in preferred membership future hires section. Turn up at garage.
WhereIBelong is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread