Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 29 Jan 17, 12:23 PM  
Link to this Post
papamouse
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Mazascouser View Post
I can confirm that we travel on Sunday 27th August come back 7th September and we had the email stating we are on a air tanker, checked the web site and we are on a plane with overhead screens. 17 year old daughter is not a happy bunny. I am not too bothered and neither is my mum we like to read.
does she know it has streaming ife?

2025 "Free Dining" Discounts Calculator Spreadsheet here:
https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...php?p=15848077
papamouse is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jan 17, 12:50 PM  
Link to this Post
MummyPeeper
Helping Minnie

I am really confused, not surprising for me, please don't judge , but please could someone clarify this for me.
We travel Man-MCO on 06/04/17 on the Airtanker. I have looked on the website and it appears that it will have overhead screens, not seat back, but will it have streaming too ? Really hoping it does or my 2 teenagers will not be happy
thank you
MummyPeeper is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jan 17, 01:09 PM  
Link to this Post
papamouse
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by MummyPeeper View Post
I am really confused, not surprising for me, please don't judge , but please could someone clarify this for me.
We travel Man-MCO on 06/04/17 on the Airtanker. I have looked on the website and it appears that it will have overhead screens, not seat back, but will it have streaming too ? Really hoping it does or my 2 teenagers will not be happy
thank you
the AT you have been told you will be on will have streaming,

just take a full charged tablet and a battery pack to be sure.

But I think it would be incredibly stoopid of the plane fitters not to include usb charging points.

The confusion is in the main part caused by TC - because their front line staff - really don't know anything - they haven't been empower by senior management to pass the correct info to their customers,

as always, we wont really know until this plane is in service and people have been on it...

You can regularly check its progress by looking up the tail number and searching for reviews.

I went thru the mill with them last year and ended up on the reportedly inferior Hifly. I was told so many lies. The only credible info was from dibbers who had flown on it. This will be the same situation.

BUT it is a very new plane with comfortable seats and great food (Man-MCO) and at a great Price. I can get £209 out and £169 back! - Sub £400 if I change my dates! And for that I'd sit on nails and eat gravel and just look at the inside of my eyelids for IFE...

Edited at 01:11 PM.
papamouse is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jan 17, 01:45 PM  
Link to this Post
MummyPeeper
Helping Minnie

Thank you so much Papamouse, will watch and wait, but for now at least you have put our minds at ease.
MummyPeeper is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jan 17, 01:48 PM  
Link to this Post
papamouse
VIP Dibber

Thank you so much Papamouse, will watch and wait, but for now at least you have put our minds at ease.
overhead screens complaints make me chuckle

I remember being on planes so thick with cigarette smoke you couldn't even see the bloody things!

Old 29 Jan 17, 04:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Hevfev
slightly serious Dibber

Hevfev's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by papamouse View Post
overhead screens complaints make me chuckle

I remember being on planes so thick with cigarette smoke you couldn't even see the bloody things!
Best thing the governments ever done banning smoking from public places. I'd be so unwell if you were allowed to smoke on planes as I feel really unwell with just a sniff of a cigarette!
Hevfev is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jan 17, 10:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Emma75
Gone all Goofy

thank you
Hi, do you mind me asking what website you have looked at as we fly the day after you & when I do a dummy booking on TC website it is not showing the notice that it will have streaming. Mind you I also did a dummy booking for your dates & couldn't find the notice so I must be looking in the wrong place. Thanks
Emma75 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jan 17, 10:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Amy1989
Imagineer

Mobile

Is it just Manchester flights with no seat back tv?
Amy1989 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jan 17, 12:58 AM  
Link to this Post
papamouse
VIP Dibber

finally got round to doing some snooping.

the new IFE system is called AirFi.

Here's an internal TC Staff video with an idiots guide: powtoon/online-prese...-2/?mode=movie

Here's tc telling us they are trialling it: thomascookairlines/e...ertainment.jsp

more here: futuretravelexperience.co...tivity-market/

Here's the companies website: airfi.aero/

here's why:

Netherlands-based MI Airline and its AirFi product.
AirFi allows a carrier to create a wi-fi network onboard an aircraft, which passengers can log on to using their own devices to access a variety of hosted content such as games and videos.
Contained in the AirFi box – weighing 1.3kg – are a wi-fi transmitter, server and battery. Because the system is not hardwired into the aircraft, AirFi boxes are easy to transport and don’t incur the weight penalty of an embedded system, says chief executive Job Heimerikx.
It offers an internet browsing experience and IFE in a cost-effective way. “Even though Ku- or Ka-band products from a technical point of view are very beautiful, we are of the opinion that it is very hard to make a business case for the short-haul airline,” says Heimerikx.
Rental cost for an AirFi box – two are required for a narrowbody – is €2,500 ($2,640) per year, but this can be offset if adverts are included within the content package, he says.

Its cheap and they can sell you stuff thru it thus making a profit! And we thought they were doing it to entertain us!

Old 31 Jan 17, 11:35 AM  
Link to this Post
PPM
VIP Dibber

Well found sir
PPM is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List