Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 26 Apr 16, 10:04 PM  
Link to this Post
bmcdo
Getting Excited

Mobile

Originally Posted by smedley View Post
asking for a friend, does anyone know if there are gluten free cakes/cupcakes available at the food court in POFQ? I know they're available at DTD at Erin McKenna's but this is related to a bday surprise so it may not be practical for them to visit there on the day.
Yes including gf beignets ! Just ask for the chef
bmcdo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Apr 16, 01:48 PM  
Link to this Post

This is really helpful as I've only been to Disney once when I was younger but I now have a gluten intolerance and my fiancé is lactose intolerant. So thank you for the info
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Aug 16, 08:42 AM  
Link to this Post
KCHO
Very Serious Dibber

Does anyone know if Manny's Chophouse cater for gluten free. I can't see a contact email or find any threads confirming either way?
Old 4 Sep 16, 09:54 AM  
Link to this Post
Tea
Imagineer

Mobile

I ate gluten free at Mannys twice. don't ask me what I had as I can't remember but it was meat and baked sweet potato side.

I see Blaze in Disney Springs has GF pizza dough. I wonder is it prepped in same area as regular pizza and therefore unsuitable for coeliac /allergy sufferers
Old 4 Sep 16, 05:04 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Originally Posted by Tea View Post
I ate gluten free at Mannys twice. don't ask me what I had as I can't remember but it was meat and baked sweet potato side.

I see Blaze in Disney Springs has GF pizza dough. I wonder is it prepped in same area as regular pizza and therefore unsuitable for coeliac /allergy sufferers
I have already looked on blaze and it seems the gluten free option is just for people who want to eat gluten free.

It states they use the same equipment etc and so I would not even chance it.
Old 7 Sep 16, 12:41 AM  
Link to this Post
Tea
Imagineer

Mobile

boo! pity :-(
Old 13 Sep 16, 09:07 AM  
Link to this Post
Momofboys
Imagineer

Momofboys's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

I ate at blaze and they asked me if it was allergy or preference that I was gluten free. They normally pass the pizza along as staff put the various toppings on, but I had 1 person who did my pizza from start to finish. It was very nice. The staff were helpful too so if you had any concerns about cross contamination they were willing to help.
Old 24 Feb 17, 11:29 PM  
Link to this Post

My daughter is lactose intolerant. We usually buy lactose free cows milk and cheese. Is it possible to have things made with that by Disney restaurants or is it always Soya replacement?
Old 24 Feb 17, 11:31 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

And what are the lactose free desert options for children? Is it always fruit? She won't eat that and the rest of us who aren't lactose free will feel guilty having ice cream etc.
Old 25 Feb 17, 06:24 PM  
Link to this Post
nanasamboy
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by B0581 View Post
My daughter is lactose intolerant. We usually buy lactose free cows milk and cheese. Is it possible to have things made with that by Disney restaurants or is it always Soya replacement?
I don't think they do, but the soya cheese is delicious The soya/rice milk they provide is very nice too.

Originally Posted by B0581 View Post
And what are the lactose free desert options for children? Is it always fruit? She won't eat that and the rest of us who aren't lactose free will feel guilty having ice cream etc.
There's almost always a fruit sorbet or chocolate/vanilla dairy free ice cream available, so she shouldn't feel too left out
nanasamboy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List

Tags
dining, gluten free, special diets