Notices
Guest Services Site Questions, a tech query or just want to test something.

Old 13 Apr 17, 04:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Megandllsmum
Imagineer

Megandllsmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Mobile New iPhone transferring photos

Upgraded my iPhone today and I've got loads of photos on there I want to transfer to my new phone. Is this something I use iCloud for? Sorry if I sound a drip lol but not very tech savvy and don't want to lose them cos gonna try and sell on my old phone as it's in very good condition.
I don't normally bother using iCloud so not sure how it works so if somebody could explain how to do it I would really appreciate a dummy's guide explanation 😂
Thanks in advance 👍
Megandllsmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Apr 17, 05:09 PM  
Link to this Post
nickbeaan
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Megandllsmum View Post
Upgraded my iPhone today and I've got loads of photos on there I want to transfer to my new phone. Is this something I use iCloud for? Sorry if I sound a drip lol but not very tech savvy and don't want to lose them cos gonna try and sell on my old phone as it's in very good condition.
I don't normally bother using iCloud so not sure how it works so if somebody could explain how to do it I would really appreciate a dummy's guide explanation 😂
Thanks in advance 👍
is your new phone an iPhone, you can connect to iTunes and back it up, then connect your new one and set it up as your old one
nickbeaan is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Apr 17, 05:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Megandllsmum
Imagineer

Megandllsmum's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by nickbeaan View Post
is your new phone an iPhone, you can connect to iTunes and back it up, then connect your new one and set it up as your old one
Yes it is thanks... got another cos I know where I am with iPhones lol. I'll look into that thanks it was bloke in shop said to use iCloud he also recommended a site called copy my data or something like that but it had a fair few dodgy reviews online 😮
Megandllsmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Apr 17, 05:23 PM  
Link to this Post
nickbeaan
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Megandllsmum View Post
Yes it is thanks... got another cos I know where I am with iPhones lol. I'll look into that thanks it was bloke in shop said to use iCloud he also recommended a site called copy my data or something like that but it had a fair few dodgy reviews online 😮
iTunes will put all your numbers back on as well, as long as you back up your old one, when you connect your new one it will ask you if you want to set it up as a new one or from a back up
nickbeaan is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Apr 17, 05:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Megandllsmum
Imagineer

Megandllsmum's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by nickbeaan View Post
iTunes will put all your numbers back on as well, as long as you back up your old one, when you connect your new one it will ask you if you want to set it up as a new one or from a back up
Thanks again I'll have a look at doing that tonight 👍
Old 13 Apr 17, 05:50 PM  
Link to this Post
nickbeaan
Imagineer

what i do is connect the old one to iTunes , back up, put sim card into new one, connect to iTunes, set up from back up
Old 13 Apr 17, 09:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Megandllsmum
Imagineer

Megandllsmum's Reviews
Mobile

All transferred onto my new phone... thank you for your help 👍👍
Old 13 Apr 17, 09:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Bozza
Imagineer

Bozza's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 49
Just a quick one: if those photos mean something to you, you really should be backing them up as a matter of course in case the worst happens. iCloud will take care of that for you, automatically every day, if you want it to.

Part One
Part Two
Bozza is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Apr 17, 09:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Megandllsmum
Imagineer

Megandllsmum's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by Bozza View Post
Just a quick one: if those photos mean something to you, you really should be backing them up as a matter of course in case the worst happens. iCloud will take care of that for you, automatically every day, if you want it to.
I've managed to do that this evening, thank you ... it's something I've never bothered with before.