Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 20 Apr 17, 01:52 PM  
Link to this Post
ambergambler
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

Eating/bowling Splitsville

Lots of recommendations on here for Splitsville, it's a new one to me so going to give it a go.

Would also like to bowl as well.

I understand it's possible to book food delivered whilst bowling, but how does this work? Parents/ grandparents would not like to eat fast food style...

Anyone done it?
ambergambler is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Apr 17, 02:02 PM  
Link to this Post
tinkerella123
Imagineer

Mobile

Yes we have done it, but if we were going to do it again I would eat first then bowling , if your not to keen on fast food there is plenty of choices in Disney springs to eat.
tinkerella123 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Apr 17, 03:24 PM  
Link to this Post

We'll be eating and booking a lane for afterwards as I'll be eating but not bowling. So I'll either be looking around DS or I'll hop back on the boat back to the resort and leave them to it.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Apr 17, 03:31 PM  
Link to this Post
MissFortune
Imagineer

I too would bowl and then eat separately, either before/after.

The food there is great and I wouldn't want to pick at my meal in between bowling.

I did enjoy having drinks delivered to our lane though.

MissFortune is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Apr 17, 03:51 PM  
Link to this Post
ambergambler

Great answers, thanks all.

So I book an ADR through MDE on ADR day, and add bowling later? How long are you all allowing to eat before your game?

Planning this for dds birthday tea.
ambergambler is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Apr 17, 04:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Brave5
Apprentice Imagineer

Splitzsville also do an early bird special for $12 per person - take a look on their website for info. We are planning early bowling then lunch in DS somewhere
Brave5 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Apr 17, 08:20 AM  
Link to this Post
ambergambler

Will do, thank you.
Old 23 Apr 17, 04:44 PM  
Link to this Post
jemima2
Imagineer

Mobile

Glad I found this thread, on a recommendation i had a look at splitsville somewhere i hadnt really thought of...dont know why as my hubby and kids love bowling ! Fancy factoring an adr in here for early lunch and let them bowl while i do a bit of shopping...would it be ok to book a lane at the start of our meal or do you book in advance? Thanks
jemima2 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Apr 17, 07:07 PM  
Link to this Post
dibdobber

dibdobber's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 3
I think the food here is really good, certainly a step up from fast food. Sushi v good and salad that i had was excellent. Also recommend unlimited soda option.

Edited at 04:16 PM.
dibdobber is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Apr 17, 10:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Madfish
Imagineer

Originally Posted by jemima2 View Post
Glad I found this thread, on a recommendation i had a look at splitsville somewhere i hadnt really thought of...dont know why as my hubby and kids love bowling ! Fancy factoring an adr in here for early lunch and let them bowl while i do a bit of shopping...would it be ok to book a lane at the start of our meal or do you book in advance? Thanks
Depending on day and time we popped in one weekday morning on our last visit and had a lovely morning. It was really quiet so an ADR would not have been needed. Not so sure later on in the day. Bowling can be expensive later in the day so it is clearly popular but we got a great price that we were happy to pay. Looking to return next time.
Madfish is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List