Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Reports Trip Reports

Old 8 Apr 17, 08:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Bartswife
Imagineer

What bad experiences you have had with some parts of your trip. Thank goodness Chloe checked the emails. Doesn't bear thinking about if she hadn't. Forgive my ignorance but where is Charlotte?
Bartswife is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Apr 17, 09:24 AM  
Link to this Post
nickyjw
Apprentice Imagineer

Thankyou for sharing your holiday with us and for writing it up and posting it quickly. It's great to read it day to day rather than waiting for each new day. Sorry for your problems flying home, what a nightmare! I think it's awful when it's cold on an aeroplane, especially flying on a night flight at the end of the holiday. I'm sure that didn't help Chloe's cold, hope she's better now. What a star Connor is being able to change your tyre... Sounds like he's got his act together for a young lad and hopefully will go far. Thanks again for all your tips and advice.

Edited at 10:47 PM.
nickyjw is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Apr 17, 12:13 PM  
Link to this Post
georgemac
Imagineer

georgemac's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 8
Well you were having a really good day until you got the email.
It's such a pity you never got back to bakery/ice cream shop - because it is superb.

Great trippie - the link to the previous day also broken from index so off to find it!
1997 Airtours, 1999 BA Best Western LBV, 2001 Westridge Villa, 2005 Westridge Villa (Trip Report)
georgemac is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Apr 17, 09:18 PM  
Link to this Post
emmabanana
VIP Dibber

Great trip report, I really enjoyed reading it 😄 Thanks for posting.
emmabanana is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Apr 17, 11:52 PM  
Link to this Post
florida girl
Imagineer

florida girl's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 5
Good job you checked your e-mails but abit of a pain having to rush to get the flight.

No wonder the celebs live in Calabasas it looks really nice.

Edited at 11:53 PM.
florida girl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Apr 17, 04:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Jake71
Imagineer

Again I remember reading your post about the flight change/cancellation - that is just awful! The rest of the day before that though was good, poor Chloe, I hope she's starting to feel a bit better.
Old 12 Apr 17, 05:41 PM  
Link to this Post
daytonababe
Imagineer

daytonababe's Reviews
Originally Posted by Bartswife View Post
What bad experiences you have had with some parts of your trip. Thank goodness Chloe checked the emails. Doesn't bear thinking about if she hadn't. Forgive my ignorance but where is Charlotte?
North Carolina ..

I know.. I sometimes think if we didn't have bad luck we'd have no luck
Originally Posted by nickyjw View Post
Thankyou for sharing your holiday with us and for writing it up and posting it quickly. It's great to read it day to day rather than waiting for each new day. Sorry for your problems flying home, what a nightmare! I think it's awful when it's cold on an aeroplane, especially flying on a night flight at the end of the holiday. I'm sure that didn't help Chloe's cold, hope she's better now. What a star Connor is being able to change your tyre... Sounds like he's got his act together for a young lad and hopefully will go far. Thanks again for all your tips and advice.
She is thank you, Its only been these last couple of days when she felt better though . She is one of these people that's rarely ill but when she is it hits her for 6.

Connor is car mad, He loves being outside stripping cars down :-)

and thank you for your kind words

Originally Posted by georgemac View Post
Well you were having a really good day until you got the email.
It's such a pity you never got back to bakery/ice cream shop - because it is superb.

Great trippie - the link to the previous day also broken from index so off to find it!
I'll sort the link thank you.

The bakery looked amazing..I was gutted not to get anything from there.. So busy too which is always a good sign..

Originally Posted by emmabanana View Post
Great trip report, I really enjoyed reading it 😄 Thanks for posting.
Thank you..
Originally Posted by florida girl View Post
Good job you checked your e-mails but abit of a pain having to rush to get the flight.

No wonder the celebs live in Calabasas it looks really nice.
Its a lovely place , Feels very safe and clean complete contrast to Hollywood etc . I wouldn't mind spending a night or two there sometime.

Originally Posted by Jake71 View Post
Again I remember reading your post about the flight change/cancellation - that is just awful! The rest of the day before that though was good, poor Chloe, I hope she's starting to feel a bit better.
She is thank you. Well BA have in the last week finally admitted they should have called/text us, They can't understand why no one did , It appears others on the flight were also not called, So either a list was misplaced or someone didn't do their job properly.

And they also admit its wrong to just email and not get some kind of confirmation its been seen.
Apparently if they text they ask you to reply to confirm you know of the new flight details which is reasonable I think.

Anyway they had admitted they were wrong and they need to make sure people are aware of changes and gave us a £200 voucher.
daytonababe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Apr 17, 06:13 PM  
Link to this Post
WileyCoyote
I am not a shopaholic

Nice start to the day but omg stress at the end. That's just ridiculous to bring it forward that much ! And not let you know. What if there was no internet and you didn't have mobiles !
Glad you got back ok.
WileyCoyote is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Apr 17, 12:06 AM  
Link to this Post
daytonababe
Imagineer

daytonababe's Reviews
Originally Posted by WileyCoyote View Post
Nice start to the day but omg stress at the end. That's just ridiculous to bring it forward that much ! And not let you know. What if there was no internet and you didn't have mobiles !
Glad you got back ok.
Thank you.

And that was my point, This year we had internet access because we had the 3 sims.. previous years I've not used them so didn't pick up emails.

We wouldn't have known till we got to the airport about 7pm.

I guess someone messed up, and they know that. I did ask if anyone missed the flight but they can't (won't) say !
daytonababe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Aug 17, 01:18 PM  
Link to this Post
abiknox
Imagineer

abiknox's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 5
God, what a horrible way to end the trip, so stressful!

Great read again though, love your reports, you seem to fit so much into your time in the US! I look forward to your Charlotte report, that will be nice and different.

Also, I'm sure I have said it before but I can't believe how big your kids are now! I probably started reading your reports back in 2011 ready for our 2012 Vegas trip & the amount they have grown up in that space of time is incredible! You're cute little lad is now a strapping young man & teen Chloe is now a gorgeous looking young lady! They seem like lovely kids too
abiknox is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List