Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 13 Apr 17, 08:44 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile Review of liberty tree tavern. Apr 2017

Hi all.
Just wanted to share my experience of having dinner at the liberty tree tavern (LTT) in the MK during our visit this year (April 2017).
We chose LTT because we were there 3 years ago and found it a welcome change to burgers/fries etc.
Firstly. The price. I thought was extremely high for the quality of food and service. Two children and two adults. All of us had 1x orange juice each and a set menu. The cost including a 20% tip was just over 180USD.

Quality of service.
Well, let's just say it was all about the tip. The waitress was way over the top, to the point of being sickening. There was no real interest in any of our answers. She was just going through the motions. The bill arrived as the desert was put onto the table. We were sat at the table for about 60 mins in total. It felt just like a conveyor belt. Not nice.

The food:
Well.. it wasn't great. Not bad, just not 180 bucks worth.
Starter was a mixed salad with dressing. It came with sweetened whipped butter with briosch (hope that's right) bread. It was VERY sweet. None were eaten.
Mains was a platter of Turkey (4 slices) some brisket type of beef, curried pork and stuffing. Mashed potatoe and sweetcorn.
Desert. Brownie cake and ice cream. Actually this was the best part of the meal.

We shall not be eating there again.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Apr 17, 08:50 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
That's a shame. We always have dinner at LTT but are on DDP so not paying. We've never been disappointed but it sounds a bit like the menu we've had has been slightly different.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Apr 17, 08:54 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Originally Posted by sha9 View Post
That's a shame. We always have dinner at LTT but are on DDP so not paying. We've never been disappointed but it sounds a bit like the menu we've had has been slightly different.
Yes the one 3 years ago we loved. Wasn't great this time.
Old 13 Apr 17, 08:55 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by uktivo View Post
Yes the one 3 years ago we loved. Wasn't great this time.
We went last year and enjoyed it so have booked again for this year. I hope we're not disappointed.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Apr 17, 08:58 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Originally Posted by sha9 View Post
We went last year and enjoyed it so have booked again for this year. I hope we're not disappointed.
I hope you aren't as well. Just remember. We all like different things.
Old 13 Apr 17, 10:37 PM  
Link to this Post
disneypars
Imagineer

Mobile

Have to agree with the OP regarding service and quality of food. Ate there several years ago not rushed lovely food and good service. Exact opposite last November in and out within the hour big disappointment and when we went they had just changed the menu.
Old 13 Apr 17, 10:48 PM  
Link to this Post
JudgeJ26
Imagineer

Mobile

Bit worried now as booked dinner here for our trip in September. May think about it and if necessary cancel nearer the time.
JudgeJ26 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Apr 17, 06:55 AM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
The bill brought with dessert is standard in the US and is regarded as good service. Americans don't want to have to hang around and wait for the bill, nor do they like having to ask for it.

Shame about the rest of your experience, though.
Other parks: Tokyo
Gill H is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Apr 17, 09:59 AM  
Link to this Post

I rate it quite high on our trips..In fact it's the only T/S we enjoy at MK..I'm talking dinner here... Can't fault the food on every occasion, and plenty of it, and my boys a fussy eater and loved it..As far as servers go, we've had awesome ones and grumpy ones..I take it with a pinch of salt..lol...
Old 14 Apr 17, 10:50 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Gill H View Post
The bill brought with dessert is standard in the US and is regarded as good service. Americans don't want to have to hang around and wait for the bill, nor do they like having to ask for it.
See that's just a cultural difference isn't it? I wouldn't mind being brought the bill but wouldn't be expecting to have to look or sort it out till after we'd dined.