Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 14 Apr 17, 10:51 AM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Coda View Post
I rate it quite high on our trips..In fact it's the only T/S we enjoy at MK..I'm talking dinner here... Can't fault the food on every occasion, and plenty of it, and my boys a fussy eater and loved it..As far as servers go, we've had awesome ones and grumpy ones..I take it with a pinch of salt..lol...
Our last 2 trips we've had what I would call distracted servers, like they had too many tables to juggle. One seemed to deal with it better than the other though. I've never actually had bad service and the food has always been lovely. Not sure I like (or get quite frankly) the idea of "curried pork" though. We'll probably keep our ADR and see. The great thing about free dining is you're less worried if you don't like it.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Apr 17, 10:54 AM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Originally Posted by Gill H View Post
The bill brought with dessert is standard in the US and is regarded as good service. Americans don't want to have to hang around and wait for the bill, nor do they like having to ask for it.

Shame about the rest of your experience, though.
Originally Posted by LittleNoo View Post
See that's just a cultural difference isn't it? I wouldn't mind being brought the bill but wouldn't be expecting to have to look or sort it out till after we'd dined.
The bill thing doesn't bother me. I'd rather that than have to look for our server when we're ready to go.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Apr 17, 11:00 AM  
Link to this Post

We have done dinner there many times even back in the day when it had characters. I don't know if people are aware but you can ask for more of anything - turkey, pork, mash etc. They do have to keep things moving because its so busy and maybe that's it's one fault but just because somebody puts the bill on the table doesn't mean I'm going to break my neck to pay it. I might just have another light lemonade.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Apr 17, 01:22 PM  
Link to this Post
BarryandCaron
Imagineer

BarryandCaron's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 15
Mobile

Originally Posted by geoffa View Post
We have done dinner there many times even back in the day when it had characters. I don't know if people are aware but you can ask for more of anything - turkey, pork, mash etc. They do have to keep things moving because its so busy and maybe that's it's one fault but just because somebody puts the bill on the table doesn't mean I'm going to break my neck to pay it. I might just have another light lemonade.
We used to love it with characters.

As with a lot of other WDW one credit restaurants...the menu has been reduced. We didn't enjoy our last visit a couple of years ago, it sounds like the menu is even more dumbed down now.
Old 14 Apr 17, 01:30 PM  
Link to this Post
DonnaD
Imagineer

Mobile

OP are you sure it was curried pork? That isn't something you are very likely to find in an American restaurant. The bill thing is definitely an American thing. It doesn't mean they expect you to pay or leave immediately just that you shouldn't have to wait for your bill when you are ready. Chasing waiters for bills in UK restaurants still drives me crazy after living here for almost 30 years!
Old 14 Apr 17, 02:19 PM  
Link to this Post
FloridaNuts93
Imagineer

We have dinner here every year and have never had bad meals or service. Our family loves the rolls- they always all go. Just different tastes I guess- I look at reviews but always try places myself.

SEE OUR VILLA AT:www.ospreyhouseorlando.com. Luxury five bed/four bath villa with extra large (40 ft) pool overlooking conservation area. Also includes games room.

License number: DWE 4514584
FloridaNuts93 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Apr 17, 02:30 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by DonnaD View Post
OP are you sure it was curried pork? That isn't something you are very likely to find in an American restaurant. The bill thing is definitely an American thing. It doesn't mean they expect you to pay or leave immediately just that you shouldn't have to wait for your bill when you are ready. Chasing waiters for bills in UK restaurants still drives me crazy after living here for almost 30 years!
On the menu it says "sliced pork roast".
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Apr 17, 02:45 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by DonnaD View Post
It definitely wasn't curried last year when we went and I don't even remember a spice on it.

Trip Report Index
Old 14 Apr 17, 02:50 PM  
Link to this Post
signtalker
Imagineer

We've booked this for the first time in September, never eaten here i. All our trips to see. On the DDP so hopefully it will be okay.

Jules
signtalker is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Apr 17, 04:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Pookie3101
Imagineer

Pookie3101's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 6
We usually eat there at least twice per trip and never had a bad meal.
It is a busy restaurant though and once it took a while for our server to take our order and they gave us additional fastpasses.

I quite like the bill arriving during dessert, and we've always been told there is no rush. Far better than spending ages trying to track down server to ask for it. That's my pet peeve here.

DLP NBC - 2008, DLP SL- 2009, DLP SL, 2010.
AKL - 2014, POR - 2016
Pookie3101 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List