Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 8 Mar 16, 12:15 PM  
Link to this Post

I have just been diagnosed with lactose intolerance so am also interested in this... although we are not going to Disney as we are taking 3 teen boys we are going to universal and doing a cruise. I am a little apprehensive
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Mar 16, 10:40 AM  
Link to this Post
Bubbasmum
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by whynot View Post
I have just been diagnosed with lactose intolerance so am also interested in this... although we are not going to Disney as we are taking 3 teen boys we are going to universal and doing a cruise. I am a little apprehensive
Try not to worry too much. Just make sure you tell your servers and always ask to speak to a chef if you feel unsure. It's better to be safe.

They don't want you to have a reaction just as much as you don't want to.

Hope you have a fab time.

POFQ 2006
DLP Hotel New York 2010 & 2011
OKW 2013
Championsgate 2014
Disneyland Hotel at Disneyland Paris 2015
Disney Magic Cruise - Barcelona 2015
Disney Magic Cruise - Norwejian Fjords 2016
SSR 2016, SSR 2018
Bubbasmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Mar 16, 10:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Bluefairy95
Trying for More Ears

Originally Posted by beegnjasmum View Post
Hi going in October with a 10yr old who is allergic to peanuts but needs to avoid all nuts due to cross contamination. This is really really helpful info. We are not staying at a disney hotel and willbe eating outside disney a lot of the time. Did you have any problems with non disney restaurants? Thanks so much for help. Apologies if I have posted this in wrong place, just started using dibb last night ☺😯
Hi I have a severe allergy to peanuts and tree nuts and need to avoid cross contamination too.

This summer will be our 4th time at Disney and we have found them to be one of the best places for allergies. We last went in 2014 and Chefs and managers were always happy to speak to us about what was safe and what alternatives were available. We took some snacks such as biscuits from home with us [you need to declare any food you bring with you] just in case but found that we didn't need them.

We will probably take emergency snacks with us again this year as you can never be too careful.

They've also introduced the new allergy menus since I last went so I'm looking forward to seeing some more allergy friendly food options

Hope that helps xx

Sorry just saw that you posted this last year

Edited at 10:39 PM.
Bluefairy95 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Apr 16, 11:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Fawun92
Proud to wear my Ears

Mobile

In a contrast I do not have an intolerance or allergy but I am vegan, has anybody ever done Disney as a vegan? Any top tips?
Fawun92 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Apr 16, 11:25 PM  
Link to this Post
nanasamboy
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Hey Fawun

I'm a vegan and am going next week! I'm planning on writing up a trip report and a special report just about all the awesome food I eat so keep an eye out on here!
nanasamboy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Apr 16, 11:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Fawun92
Proud to wear my Ears

Mobile

Originally Posted by nanasamboy View Post
Hey Fawun

I'm a vegan and am going next week! I'm planning on writing up a trip report and a special report just about all the awesome food I eat so keep an eye out on here!
Hello fellow vegan! Amazing! I will keep my eyes peeled
Fawun92 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Apr 16, 04:02 PM  
Link to this Post

Vegdisney facebook group is the place to be!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Apr 16, 04:13 PM  
Link to this Post
nanasamboy
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Vegan Disney World is also really good they have a website, Facebook and Instagram x
nanasamboy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Apr 16, 09:41 AM  
Link to this Post
KCHO
Very Serious Dibber

Just thought I'd mention...not sure if someone already has it on this thread, but Cheesecake Factory at Mall at Milenia do lovely GF burger in a bun. Other GF options too.
Old 20 Apr 16, 02:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Florida Gator
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Excellent thanks - I'll add Cheesecake Factory to my list! I'm a coeliac and off to Orlando on Saturday. I hope to do a photo trip report showing my gluten free food.
Florida Gator is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List

Tags
dining, gluten free, special diets