Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Closed Thread

Old 25 Apr 16, 02:45 PM  
Link to this Post
snowdrop100
Excited about Disney

kids want to go to chef mickeys...we dont!

we went to chef mickeys last year and the kids loved it. my hubby and I enjoyed it for the experience of going to the contemporary and the novelty factor of the huge breakfast buffet but we werent blown away (i.e. we preferred the ohana breakfast and the poly as a hotel in general)

so, now we are allowing our kids to be involved wiht planning as they have something to go off (i.e. last year there was no point as they were younger and hadnt been before to tell us what they wanted to do).

they are asking to go back to chef mickeys and we are on the dining plan so should just say yes and go...right?!

we didnt love the food and i think theres more places to explore but i feel like a mean mum for asking their opinion then saying no. but then i'm spending loads of money to take them on a fantastic holiday so really its not like i'm actually a MEAN mum.

haha, i sound like a crazy lady. what would you do?
snowdrop100 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Apr 16, 02:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Mickeys Mrs
Imagineer

This might sound mean to you but its their holiday too. I know you are paying for it, but you have actively involved them and asked for their thoughts.

Its one breakfast. If it was me I would book it and go at the request of your children, might also come in handy if you get the "I don't want to go there" well me and your dad didn't want to go to Chef Mickeys again but its about compromise.

DLP 2002 & 2010
WDW 2003, 2006, 2009, 2012, 2015, 2017, 2022, 2023 (solo trip) & 2024
Mickeys Mrs is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Apr 16, 02:55 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Maybe find out why they want to go out and offer an alternative. So if it's for the characters then maybe suggest Tusker House.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Apr 16, 02:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Excited6910
Imagineer

I would totally give in and take them. Obviously it was such a highlight for them

Loved our Second “once in a lifetime" so much we're doing it again
Excited6910 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Apr 16, 02:57 PM  
Link to this Post
BigPetesWife
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Mickeys Mrs View Post
This might sound mean to you but its their holiday too. I know you are paying for it, but you have actively involved them and asked for their thoughts.

Its one breakfast. If it was me I would book it and go at the request of your children, might also come in handy if you get the "I don't want to go there" well me and your dad didn't want to go to Chef Mickeys again but its about compromise.
Sorry, but I agree with this. It is only one meal and I'm guessing that you've got a few places that you would like to go to as well. You could go on your first morning. Get the earliest reservation that you can and be set for a day at the parks.
BigPetesWife is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Apr 16, 03:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinkertangled
Imagineer

Mobile

We were the same with Chef Mickey's in 2014 so this year we are doing Tusker House. Kids have asked about Chef Mickey's as they want "breakfast with Mickey again" so I said we can go there again if you want or we could try another restaurant where Mickey goes for breakfast and I told them where it was and showed them some pictures and they were happy to go there. If that had been set on Chef Mickey's though I would have just booked it as like others have said its one meal and to be fair the experience may be different, I haven't ruled it out for the future as I know we were probably just unlucky on the day and didn't get a great server.
Tinkertangled is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Apr 16, 03:05 PM  
Link to this Post
married2mm
Imagineer

married2mm's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
I had that but with tusker house...
I loved it-however the rest of my family (dh& kids) don't want to ever return go ANY character dining.

I think k if it was the other way round-I'd suck it up and go with my them to a meal.
I'm outnumbered though for my choice
married2mm is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Apr 16, 03:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Redrach1903
Disney Dreaming :)

Redrach1903's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
Why don't you try lunch instead? Might be a better experience
Redrach1903 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Apr 16, 03:22 PM  
Link to this Post
MissFortune
Imagineer

I'd want to make them happy as it's their holiday too, so would go. It seems reasonable for them to request one thing that they obviously enjoyed so much.

To be fair you did ask for their opinion, it's a bit of a pointless task to then ignore what they said.

It's not as if they have asked for something really expensive (you're on the DDP) or awkward.

MissFortune is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Apr 16, 03:49 PM  
Link to this Post
macadoo
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by MissFortune View Post
I'd want to make them happy as it's their holiday too, so would go. It seems reasonable for them to request one thing that they obviously enjoyed so much.

To be fair you did ask for their opinion, it's a bit of a pointless task to then ignore what they said.

It's not as if they have asked for something really expensive (you're on the DDP) or awkward.
Agree with this.

Id take them, it's one meal that really isn't costing you anything.
macadoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread