Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Closed Thread

Old 28 Apr 16, 07:46 AM  
Link to this Post
willo65
Serious Dibber

Spirit of Aloha - dinner show

Hi all,

I am currently planning my ADR's and can't decide if this is worth doing or not? Based on reviews we had read it didn't make the cut last year as we had so many other places to try.

We are considering it again, has anyone been? What is the food like? Is there any similarity to a luau in Hawaii?

Thanks in advance
Willo
willo65 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Apr 16, 06:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Lovesholidays
Imagineer

Lovesholidays's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 6
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
I too would be interested to read people's thoughts on this too
Lovesholidays is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Apr 16, 08:39 PM  
Link to this Post

We did Spirit of Aloha last August, had been red hot all day but an hour b4 show at 8.30pm it absolutely poured down. Thought show would be cancelled as is outdoors ( but covered and wasn't at all chilly) but still went ahead. Tables are length ways and seat 8, we were a party of 5 so had a couple seated with us but didn't feel awkward at all. We were given luaus on way in and had our photo taken as we were seated. Food was plentiful and was served on platters- ribs, chicken etc like barbecue style, also salad,rice etc and more was brought out if you asked ( which we did). Although we had a couple seated on our table their platters were separate to ours. As it was a 2 credit show there was unlimited beer, wine or sangria which was nice for the adults. The show itself was not as enjoyable in my eyes as Hoop-de-Doo which we had seen the previous week but was still enjoyable and the kids were kept entertained. Would prob not do again ( however would def revisit HDD) but glad we went.Hopefully this has given you more of an insight to help you make a decision
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Apr 16, 09:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Jedi_Angie
Being a bit Goofy

We went in October 2014 and loved it! Tasty food and the waitress kept topping up our drinks - went to MK afterwards & Small World is fun when a bit tipsy!

Entertainment was fun - DS especially liked the fire dancer. I'd recommend it and would go back.
High Grove (2007) ... Bella Vida (2008, 2010) ... LA & Vegas (2009) ... Washington/Philly/NYC/Boston/Cape Cod (2011) ... AKL/Florida Pines (2012) ... Westridge (2013) ... AKL (2014) ... RPR/Yacht Club (2015) ... PBR (2016) ... POR (2017) ... HI DS (2018) ... AKL (2019)
Jedi_Angie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 May 16, 11:40 AM  
Link to this Post
tee1
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Wimb88 View Post
We did Spirit of Aloha last August, had been red hot all day but an hour b4 show at 8.30pm it absolutely poured down. Thought show would be cancelled as is outdoors ( but covered and wasn't at all chilly) but still went ahead. Tables are length ways and seat 8, we were a party of 5 so had a couple seated with us but didn't feel awkward at all. We were given luaus on way in and had our photo taken as we were seated. Food was plentiful and was served on platters- ribs, chicken etc like barbecue style, also salad,rice etc and more was brought out if you asked ( which we did). Although we had a couple seated on our table their platters were separate to ours. As it was a 2 credit show there was unlimited beer, wine or sangria which was nice for the adults. The show itself was not as enjoyable in my eyes as Hoop-de-Doo which we had seen the previous week but was still enjoyable and the kids were kept entertained. Would prob not do again ( however would def revisit HDD) but glad we went.Hopefully this has given you more of an insight to help you make a decision

Similar sort of experience for us, it was a good meal, good service, decent entertainment but not something I'd do in successive trips as I can't see how it would change so much.
tee1 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 May 16, 12:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Jockey
Imagineer

We are just discussing this one at the moment...cant decide between it and HDDR
Old 1 May 16, 12:29 PM  
Link to this Post
DIBBadmin
Imagineer

This thread has been automatically closed as it has not been posted on in 365 days.
DIBBadmin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread