Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Closed Thread

Old 29 Apr 16, 03:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Jessika
Apprentice Imagineer

Akershus Dinner anyone?

We've had breakfast here 3 times, last year they'd changed the breakfast format slightly. I've booked dinner for this year but am struggling to find pictures and reviews of the food. I'm unsure whether to keep this one or ditch it. Any views would be greatfuly appreciated.
Jessika is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Apr 16, 03:44 PM  
Link to this Post
FunlovinEeyore
Excited about Disney

We ate there for dinner in October last year and really liked it. Much better than CRT. The food was good. There is a cold buffet as a starter- salad and cold meats. You order a main and then it's a shared dessert platter. The desserts were a bit weak, not much between 4 of you and not that exciting. We really liked the buffet though and the mains we had were good. The princesses were better than at CRT and the parade around the dining room for the kids was a nice touch.
We will do this one again when we go back!
FunlovinEeyore is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Apr 16, 03:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Erial
VIP Dibber

We ate there in October too. We absolutely loved it. Made a nice change to have a salad bar starter. I had beef as my main and it was one of my favourite meals of the holiday. I agree the the deserts weren't up to much and we left most of urs. Character interaction with the princesses was so much better than Cinderella's Royal Table though.

We'd definitely go back on the DDP but it would have been incredibly expensive to have done it OOP.

Claire
x

2005 - Buena Vista Palace Hotel & Spa * 2011 - Wyndham LBV Resort * 2013 - Sheraton Vistana Resort LBV - Trip Report - Complete * 2014 - Kissimmee Villa - Trip Report - Complete * 2015 - Hard Rock Hotel & Beach Club - Trip Report - Complete * 2016 - New York - Trip Report - Complete * 2016 - Massachusetts Road Trip - Trip Report - Complete * 2017 - Florida Road Trip & Old Key West * 2018 - Florida Road Trip & Polynesian * 2019 - SSR, Grand Floridian & Boardwalk
Erial is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Apr 16, 03:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Silvercat
Imagineer

We ate there last November (our 3rd visit in the last 3 years!) and it was wonderful. The food is really good, in our opinion, and as we enjoyed dessert so much they were happy to bring us a second plateful, despite it not being a buffet-style dinner!

For starters, you help yourself to salads, cold meats and cheeses and bread, and can have as much as you like. Then they bring the main course out individually, and then the desserts are on a sharing platter. In contrast to others, we LOVED the desserts - they were a rice cream topped with strawberry sauce, a chocolate mousse, and a salted caramel cake. They were all really yummy!

We would definitely go back again in the future. Despite our party consisting of 4 adults and no children, we felt the face characters spent just enough time with us without it being awkward, and stayed completely in character as well. We got Ariel, Snow White, Aurora, Mary Poppins, and Cinderella.
Old 29 Apr 16, 05:22 PM  
Link to this Post
LLamb
Imagineer

Mobile

Ooh sounds fab. We have it booked for dinner in September but had heard mixed reviews about the food. My son will be happy if Ariel and Aurora are there and me too of course!
LLamb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 May 16, 10:14 AM  
Link to this Post
Jessika
Apprentice Imagineer

Thanks for the replies, all positive so will probably keep.
Jessika is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 May 16, 10:14 AM  
Link to this Post
DIBBadmin
Imagineer

This thread has been automatically closed as it has not been posted on in 365 days.
DIBBadmin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread