Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Closed Thread

Old 1 May 16, 08:14 AM  
Link to this Post
dorsetmutley
Imagineer

Coffee and customs

Sorry I might have posted this in the wrong forum.

We plan on using Garden Grocer for milk ,snacks, beer and wine but we are really fussy with the coffee we drink. My question is do I have to declare it on arrival at MCO?
dorsetmutley is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 May 16, 10:01 AM  
Link to this Post
hornetgirl
Imagineer

Yes you do. Anything you eat/drink must be declared and your luggage may have to have a second scan. It only takes a few minutes.
Old 1 May 16, 10:09 AM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
As Hornet Girl says absolutely yes. Not negotiable - it's the law.

99.99% certainty that you will be waved through and you might even get a "we sell coffee in Walmart" remark but what's worse? That or the risk of a $10,000 fine?

help.cbp.gov/app/answers/det...--general-food

Mick
Old 1 May 16, 11:05 AM  
Link to this Post
dorsetmutley
Imagineer

Thank you I will tick the box on the form, otherwise that will be a very expensive jar of coffee
dorsetmutley is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 May 16, 12:43 PM  
Link to this Post

You can buy coffee in every supermarket, surely? It's the US, so you can get pretty much anything. They're not so big on instant coffee though. Most hotel rooms have filter machines, but no grinder, so you'll need to buy ground coffee.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 May 16, 01:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
We always declare food but this trip is the first time I have been asked to put the cases through the scanning machines. Before they have just asked what we have and then waved us through

Mind you it would have been better if the guy looking at the screen actually did look at it instead of sitting back in his chair looking bored stiff!

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 May 16, 01:11 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Jim DiGriz View Post
You can buy coffee in every supermarket, surely? It's the US, so you can get pretty much anything. They're not so big on instant coffee though. Most hotel rooms have filter machines, but no grinder, so you'll need to buy ground coffee.

But US blends are often far weaker than the ones we buy here. (We find the Joffreys coffee in the parks to be about the best). My hubby takes his own. I'm a tea drinker (Earl Grey) and have yet to have on decent cuppa in the US (the water has to be boiling, people!) so I take those too. Nothing wrong with that. I have better things to be doing on holiday that searching for tea and coffee in supermarket aisles. I also take sachets of HP sauce with me because i like it with bacon. Yes, they sell it here and there in the US but at twice the price.

Edited at 01:49 PM.
Old 1 May 16, 03:51 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by geoffa View Post
But US blends are often far weaker than the ones we buy here. (We find the Joffreys coffee in the parks to be about the best). My hubby takes his own. I'm a tea drinker (Earl Grey) and have yet to have on decent cuppa in the US (the water has to be boiling, people!) so I take those too. Nothing wrong with that. I have better things to be doing on holiday that searching for tea and coffee in supermarket aisles. I also take sachets of HP sauce with me because i like it with bacon. Yes, they sell it here and there in the US but at twice the price.
They do prefer their coffee weak, but if you're making your own it can be as strong as you like. In coffee shops I usually ask to double the number of shots.
Old 1 May 16, 04:45 PM  
Link to this Post
sky13
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Jim DiGriz View Post
It's like me bringing my own tea though - I like a particular type of tea and can't be bothered to go hunting for a similar kind in supermarkets when on holiday (much as I love browsing through supermarkets!)...
Old 1 May 16, 04:45 PM  
Link to this Post
DIBBadmin
Imagineer

This thread has been automatically closed as it has not been posted on in 365 days.
DIBBadmin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread