Go Back   theDIBB > Walt Disney World and Other Florida Vacation Planning > Shopping in Florida
Forgotten Password?
Notices
Shopping in Florida For all those Shopaholics out there.
Ocean Florida
Unread 9 Dec 19, 08:54 AM  
Link to this Post
Jockey
Imagineer

Prime now for groceries

Does anyone sign up for the Prime Trial for grocery delivery to the resorts? Or what other service do you use?
Unread 9 Dec 19, 07:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Cocobean121
Imagineer

Cocobean121's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Have seen on another forum someone done this, looked quite handy as you could track the driver and meet them at the hotel, rather than hope reception will take it in, some hotels are refusing. I done a dummy run on it just to see how expensive it was, some things are expensive and others are similar to Walmart prices. We dont have a car this time and although we have a Walgreens opposite our hotel (Endless Summer) we dont fancy lugging water, beer and snacks back to the hotel.

Would be interested in what others use too tho!

Easter 2011 Legacy Park Villa fl. Aug/Sept 2013 Thousand Oaks Villa fl. April 2015 Lake Wilson Preserve Villa fl. May 2017 the sanctuary, West Haven villa Fl.
October 2019 Pier 60 & Highlands Reserve villa fl
May 2020 endless summer and Aventura
Cocobean121 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
oops I did it again!
Unread 10 Dec 19, 10:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Jockey
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Cocobean121 View Post
Have seen on another forum someone done this, looked quite handy as you could track the driver and meet them at the hotel, rather than hope reception will take it in, some hotels are refusing. I done a dummy run on it just to see how expensive it was, some things are expensive and others are similar to Walmart prices. We dont have a car this time and although we have a Walgreens opposite our hotel (Endless Summer) we dont fancy lugging water, beer and snacks back to the hotel.

Would be interested in what others use too tho!
Yeah it seems quite reasonable I was going to use Garden Grocer but its expensive and I just need a few supplies for marathon weekend!
Unread 11 Dec 19, 08:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Cocobean121
Imagineer

Cocobean121's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Instacart May be another option, they deliver from publix and Aldi I beleive. It would be nice to have the tracking facility that prime Now has, so theres no waiting around, Im not sure instacart has that function.

Easter 2011 Legacy Park Villa fl. Aug/Sept 2013 Thousand Oaks Villa fl. April 2015 Lake Wilson Preserve Villa fl. May 2017 the sanctuary, West Haven villa Fl.
October 2019 Pier 60 & Highlands Reserve villa fl
May 2020 endless summer and Aventura
Cocobean121 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
oops I did it again!
Unread 16 Dec 19, 10:23 AM  
Link to this Post
matt987106
Imagineer

matt987106's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 6
I ordered from Instacart while in NY, stayed at a fairly major hotel, easy to find, the order was delivered and signed for, so that evening i pop down to collect it from bell services, nothing, ask at front desk, nothing, show who signed for it, they didnt work for the hotel

so i was out of pocket for the order, the driver even got a tip

took a while for a refund
~2018 Aug - NY, Poly and Mar Cyp Harbour ~~2016- OCT Kidani & Marriott Cypress harbour ~2015 - MAY - DLH ( at DLP ) 2014 - OCT - OKW 1bed with DDP & DC ~ 2013 - OCT - OKW with DDP ~ 2011 - OCT - OKW with DDP ~ 2010 - OCT - OKW with DDP ~2008 - OCT - POP
2007 - FEB - A S movies ~ 2002 - June - POR fq ~ 1998 -May-Offiste
matt987106 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Dec 19, 03:22 PM  
Link to this Post
angelbabe
Imagineer
- DIBB Advertiser -

Originally Posted by matt987106 View Post
I ordered from Instacart while in NY, stayed at a fairly major hotel, easy to find, the order was delivered and signed for, so that evening i pop down to collect it from bell services, nothing, ask at front desk, nothing, show who signed for it, they didnt work for the hotel

so i was out of pocket for the order, the driver even got a tip

took a while for a refund
That's terrible!

I ordered via Prime about a week before Dorian arrived and was promised 2-day delivery and we received it about 4 days after Dorian had cleared out. Not impressed.

Personal Shopper, Parcel Handling, Gift Baskets & Grocery Shopping! Only $15 delivery fee. GPDR compliant.

Images-1
angelbabe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Dec 19, 04:47 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Ive had no issues at all with Instacart. Just ordered again for Friday, a delivery at Beach Club. Good prices compared to Garden Grocer which is ridiculous. I did an Instacart tips thread if you search. Ill update it after my Friday delivery. Code for 10% off and free delivery:

inst.cr/t/PyzawcdyF
Unread 16 Dec 19, 06:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Jockey
Imagineer

Originally Posted by YorkshireT View Post
Ive had no issues at all with Instacart. Just ordered again for Friday, a delivery at Beach Club. Good prices compared to Garden Grocer which is ridiculous. I did an Instacart tips thread if you search. Ill update it after my Friday delivery. Code for 10% off and free delivery:

inst.cr/t/PyzawcdyF
Thx..do you use the app and pay with Apple Pay