Go Back   theDIBB > Walt Disney World and Other Florida Vacation Planning > Trip Planning Florida > Thomas Cook
Forgotten Password?
Notices
Unread 9 Dec 19, 04:28 PM  
Link to this Post
emmafleur
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by antheve View Post
Received a call from Barclaycard disputes team today. Im in a bit of a predicament.
I had to change dep airport and arrival airport to get the price as close to original booking. This was explained in my consequential claim form.
Theyre now saying they can only consider my claim once my new flights are paid in full. (Only paid 200 dep with BA).
I said I didnt want to do this to find out they will not pay out as its a different itinerary from the original TC booking. I explained to fly direct from Manchester is now costing way more so in the long run Barclaycard would lose out if I booked the same itinerary.
The girl understood and is going to speak to manager however she did explain the general rule was new flights had to be paid in full and the same itinerary.
Ill wait to see what she comes back with after discussion with management.
I changed departure airport but still going on the same day to MCO. Like you, I had booked with TC to fly from Manchester but couldnt afford Virgin flights from there when I needed to re-book. I booked and paid from Gatwick with Virgin instead - same class etc. Tesco bank were brilliant and have paid me back the difference in flights (656 between two adults). You will need to pay in full first, though. I felt the same predicament that you feel but I knew I had to get flights again eventually. I found prices I could afford as if I wasnt getting the money back, that way its been a lovely bonus to have the refund 😊
emmafleur is online now Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
POFQ
Unread 9 Dec 19, 08:51 PM  
Link to this Post
xuntitledx
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Thanks for the tips, Ive just submitted our claim to Tesco - fingers crossed.

It was an additional 1300, that would be a nice bonus if we got that back!
xuntitledx is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
First timers - All Star Movies
Unread 9 Dec 19, 09:58 PM  
Link to this Post
dx4100
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by xuntitledx View Post
Thanks for the tips, Ive just submitted our claim to Tesco - fingers crossed.

It was an additional 1300, that would be a nice bonus if we got that back!
Wow good luck. So happy to see people getting good sums back.
Unread 10 Dec 19, 01:19 PM  
Link to this Post
antheve
Proud to wear my Ears

Mobile

Well how about this for an update:
So Barclaycard called me back today. The girl was brilliant. She assured me if I pay the new BA flights in full they would honour the consequential loss claim. Even though Im flying different route and different days. I logged on to BA whilst she waited on the phone and paid the balance in full. She could see the transaction on my card and that was all the confirmation she needed.
This is where it gets better.
Original flight only with TC 2300
New flights with BA including car hire 3700. Now I only claimed for 700 as I worked out car hire to be roughly 700 off the BA booking so I was claiming for 3700 minus 700 car hire.
She has agreed to pay the 700 difference but also said they will pay the 700 car hire as a good will gesture.
Barclaycard have been brilliant. Ive ended up with 6 of us for 18 nights including car hire 2300. In the summer school holidays!
Absolutely over the moon with that.
antheve is offline Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Here we come
Unread 10 Dec 19, 01:44 PM  
Link to this Post
dx4100
Imagineer

Amazing! So happy for you!
Unread 10 Dec 19, 01:58 PM  
Link to this Post
emmafleur
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Fabulous news! 😊😊
emmafleur is online now Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
POFQ
Unread 10 Dec 19, 10:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Blueste
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by dud52221 View Post
Glad to see and hear all the success stories for the additional costs you have incurred. Unfortunately Ive had no joy with Halifax who state as I only had flight only they cannot be held responsible for any consequential loss. I travelled in Sept originally booked with TC and ended up same dates duration etc from Gatwick with BA which cost me an extra 600 for the four of us. I have now referred it to the ombudsman for them to take up. Ill keep you posted if anyone else is in a similar picture.
I have had exactly the same response from Halifax. I have also gone to the ombudsman and I have now been allocated an investigator who is looking at my case.

Frustrating that Barclaycard seem to paying out where Halifax are not,
Blueste is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Windsor Palms Resort.
Unread 10 Dec 19, 10:43 PM  
Link to this Post
charleion
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by anneeb View Post
Was this just for flights? Also, was it just you and husband? I have had notification that they are only giving me mine and my husband's, not my son and his family.
Mine was for me, hubby and our 2 teenage daughters