Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 10 Dec 19, 11:29 PM  
Link to this Post
BebeYorkshire
Apprentice Imagineer

We aren't going to get back for 14 days for a very long time, so it is a weekor nothing. I don't really consider the tickets to be a waste as we've never visited the parks for a full 14 days anyway, and our first two trips we just had magic your way tickets, 4 days then 5 days. Last trip was the first visit we have done a park every single day, and to be honest it was a bit much as we were both ill for a couple of weeks when we got back. I was thinking that if we only did 1 week then had a week at home we would actually end up pretty rested by the time we went back to work (we don't really do taking it easy whilst on holiday as there is always so much we want to do).
BebeYorkshire is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Dec 19, 12:27 AM  
Link to this Post
macdonald
Imagineer

[QUOTE=BebeYorkshire;14200705]We aren't going to get back for 14 days for a very long time, so it is a weekor nothing. I don't really consider the tickets to be a waste as we've never visited the parks for a full 14 days anyway, and our first two trips we just had magic your way tickets, 4 days then 5 days. Last trip was the first visit we have done a park every single day, and to be honest it was a bit much as we were both ill for a couple of weeks when we got back. I was thinking that if we only did 1 week then had a week at home we would actually end up pretty rested by the time we went back to work (we don't really do taking it easy whilst on holiday as there is always so much we want to do...Other than poor value for short time we loved it so enjoy..
macdonald is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Dec 19, 12:45 AM  
Link to this Post
chelynnah
VIP Dibber

chelynnah's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 4
I stayed 5 nights with free dining (upgraded to the standard Doning Olan)in 2017 as a surprise trip for my MIL’s 85th Birthday. It was her first time. Yes it was a short trip, but we hit the highlights and more. It was my first time on property. Both of us were in ECVs and being on the bubble and having the transportation made it perfect. I think if you’re going for a shorter trip then on-site can make more sense.

DH and I did 10 nights this Feb (his first on-site stay) and loved it. I’m going solo next Nov for 6 and looking forward to it. In 2-4 years we’ll be back for a longer trip and renting a villa and car (2.5-3 weeks) because on-site would be prohibitive.

Enjoy, whatever you decide
WDW several trips as a child; WDW 1993 on working vacation; DLP Sept 2003 - Newport Bay Hotel; WDW January 2007 - offsite HGVC Tuscany Suites; DLP Sept 2008 - DLH; WDW/US/BG January 2013 - offsite HGVC Tuscany Suites; WDW/US and MVMCP Nov 2015 - offsite townhouse; DLP Sept 2016 - Hotel B&B; WDW Feb 2017 - POFQ; DLP June 2017 - SL GF; DLP Sept 2017 - NPB CC; DLP Nov 2018 - SL; WDW Feb 2019 - WDW Princess Half POFQ; DLP Sept 2019 - SL & DLH;
chelynnah is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Dec 19, 04:30 PM  
Link to this Post
disney babe
VIP Dibber

we did 7 nights dec last year but not onsite, just returned from 10 days inc 3 onsite, we love the short trips & happy to be full on, I prefer to get straight back to work as feel I suffer less, we got home 1pm wed and im currently on the 3rd of 3 12.5hr shifts, thur, fri, sat and im absolutely fine
I. Drive july 92,DLP 98,99, 02, 04, comfort suites sept 03, southern dunes july 06, westridge july 09, RPR, orange tree, OKW july 12, chatham park, OKW oct 13, RPR, polo park east, AKL, july 14, CBBR, HRH, CBR, disney dream, BCV oct 15, La, Vegas, SF July 16, new york, GFV, CBR, BCV july 17, Miami, Rosen inn, CBBR july 18, LV, Anaheim Oct 18, rosen inn, aventura dec 18, Fl keys, AoA, portofino bay july 19, mirage LV oct 19, rosen inn, pop dec 19, POP, Rosen Inn, POFQ aug 22
disney babe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Dec 19, 11:39 PM  
Link to this Post
wifey
Imagineer

Mobile

We are doing ten nights next year as I can not get more than 2 weeks off in future due to contract changes. In the past we have stayed onsite for 7 nights but before all the recent changes including the pay for early or late parks admissions (not the extra magic hours). As long as you plan ahead it will work out well.
1998 Comfort Inn LBV, 2000 AS Music, 2002 Spring Hill Suites LLB, 2004 AS Movies, 2005 Comfort Inn LBV& Sequoia Lodge DLRP, 2007 AS Movies. September 2009 Port Orleans French Quarter, Yacht Club August 2013 "Club Level" WL August 2015, CBR Celebrating 26 Years Together October 2017.
wifey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Dec 19, 06:02 AM  
Link to this Post
blades
VIP Dibber

We have only done 7 nights for the last 4 trips and normally alternate between universal and Disney, rather than have "rest days" we generally are up very early and have a chill in the afternoon then maybe back into the parks for the evening if we feel like it. Although I don't mind driving it works out cheaper not to have a car as we will generally use uber if we go to the malls etc. I find if we are away for 2 weeks I end up working the second week anyway (the joys of running your own small business) so a week means we can all fully switch off. I know some might say it's a long way to travel but it once took me over 10hrs to drive to Cornwall for a week in the summer so it's really not to bad
blades is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Dec 19, 09:57 AM  
Link to this Post
wifey
Imagineer

Mobile

We too don’t drive and find the Lyft and Uber drivers easy enough to book so it’s not a worry getting around and to be honest it was lovely to have one car just for my family. They are very professional and courteous and knew the roads well and even bypassed areas with heavy roadworks so we could get around quicker. There are some major changes to the roads being implemented which is about time considering how many vehicles are in the roads out there. It will be a huge investment for them and make it easier for both locals and Floridians alike to find access anywhere they want to go. The advantage of using one of these services for us was the peaceful journeys and a break from the noisy crowds... and space in the trunk for any shopping😉
1998 Comfort Inn LBV, 2000 AS Music, 2002 Spring Hill Suites LLB, 2004 AS Movies, 2005 Comfort Inn LBV& Sequoia Lodge DLRP, 2007 AS Movies. September 2009 Port Orleans French Quarter, Yacht Club August 2013 "Club Level" WL August 2015, CBR Celebrating 26 Years Together October 2017.
wifey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Dec 19, 09:58 AM  
Link to this Post
disneymummy
VIP Dibber

disneymummy's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Mobile

We’re doing 9 nights in Feb to fit in with half term. We’ve done it before and fitted everything in. Think I’d do a long weekend of it was all I could manage

Please stand clear of the doors, por favor mantenganse alejado de las puertas

I Drive 1990, 1992, 1993, 1998, 2000, 2004
POFQ 2007, 2012, 2015 & 2020
Old Key West 2014.
Yacht Club August 2017 & 2022
Walt Disney Dolphin 2024

New York 2000, Las Vegas 2003
disneymummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Dec 19, 11:00 AM  
Link to this Post
arabella
Serious Dibber

have done 14 nights on the last trips, this time will be solo so booked 9 nights, with travel days that will give 7 whole days for parks, shopping and fun.
As I am planning to do park in the morning and rest in the afternoon, with shop days in between

2020, couldn't go to go Endless Summer, Universal
arabella is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List