Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 23 Sep 19, 11:58 AM  
Link to this Post
Disney_time
Imagineer

Disney_time's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
When Zoom Airlines went bust in 2008, eventually (though can't remember how many days later) the administrators sent emails to confirm that we wouldn't be getting a flight or any money back. I think we had to fill in a form on the website in the minuscule chance that we would be awarded any of our money back after their other debts were paid. We needed that email evidence to show to our bank as we had paid by debit card and we were hoping there was some protection, but sadly no. It would have cost us and extra £50 in cc fees to pay by cc, and guess how we have paid for flights ever since.
Old 23 Sep 19, 12:00 PM  
Link to this Post
marlouwrig
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Harks View Post
Do you mind if I ask how you did this please? For the life of me can't seem to find the relevant information on the American Express website!
If you have Amex directly rather than through one of the high street banks click on Recent Transactions. Choose the correct date range for your original transaction and then click on that transaction to raise a dispute.

DVC Member BCV, BLT & VGC
marlouwrig is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Sep 19, 12:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Sweets
like a dog with a bone

Originally Posted by Harks View Post
Do you mind if I ask how you did this please? For the life of me can't seem to find the relevant information on the American Express website!
You may have to call them to get the form sent to you.

Port Orleans Riverside ~ Oct 2012
Hard Rock Hotel (no Disney!) ~ Aug 2016
New York, Sheraton NY Times Square ~ Feb 2017
Santorini, Dana Villas ~ Aug 2017
Yacht Club ~ Sept 2018
Caribbean Cruise, P&O ~ Mar 2019
Caribbean Beach Resort ~ May 2022 & May 2023
Drury Plaza (first adults only trip!) ~ Aug 2024

Sweets is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Sep 19, 12:02 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Amex gave me my Monarch one back immediately. Then I filled in the form.
YorkshireT is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Sep 19, 12:03 PM  
Link to this Post
marlouwrig
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Sweets View Post
You may have to call them to get the form sent to you.
I did online chat before I submitted the request and there was no mention of a form. They advised me to follow the process outlined above.

DVC Member BCV, BLT & VGC
marlouwrig is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Sep 19, 12:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Sweets
like a dog with a bone

Originally Posted by marlouwrig View Post
I did online chat before I submitted the request and there was no mention of a form. They advised me to follow the process outlined above.
That's good to know for the poster above.

Port Orleans Riverside ~ Oct 2012
Hard Rock Hotel (no Disney!) ~ Aug 2016
New York, Sheraton NY Times Square ~ Feb 2017
Santorini, Dana Villas ~ Aug 2017
Yacht Club ~ Sept 2018
Caribbean Cruise, P&O ~ Mar 2019
Caribbean Beach Resort ~ May 2022 & May 2023
Drury Plaza (first adults only trip!) ~ Aug 2024

Sweets is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Sep 19, 12:13 PM  
Link to this Post
anneeb
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Gemini157 View Post
I know I should be entitled to claim a refund of the almost £2000 I paid for 2 of us to fly to Orlando next April under Section 75. The rest of the family will be doing the same.
I paid for these with Barclarycard. I went to claim online as suggested when I Googled.
The claim form seems to imply I have to have contacted the provider, as in Thomas Cook first!
Surely this is pointless? I suppose I will have to phone Barclaycard and join a very long queue.
Advice please?
Thank you.
I phoned and they have an automated response, you can still speak to someone but the lines are very busy. You have to go onto Barclaycard.co.uk and look at FAQ, there is a specific one there for Thomas Cook. You can download and fill in the form on your computer, or print out and fill in, you need invoice and any e tickets, Thomas cook invoice is all we have used in the past, also print out the page from Thomas Cook website stating they are insolvent. It's a freepost return, it has to be in CAPITAL letters.
anneeb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Sep 19, 12:34 PM  
Link to this Post
floridafan10
Trainee Dibber

I rang capital one this morning as have flights booked for December with TC. They were giving out an automated message to email their disputes team and asked for certain information to be emailed to them. If you were currently overseas you had to stay on the line so I have done as requested and looking at 14 working days for a reply.

We flew back with TC on Friday from Tenerife, felt so sorry for the staff who were so lovely even though they must have been gutted. Fingers crossed they find employment elsewhere.
floridafan10 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Sep 19, 12:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by anneeb View Post
I phoned and they have an automated response, you can still speak to someone but the lines are very busy. You have to go onto Barclaycard.co.uk and look at FAQ, there is a specific one there for Thomas Cook. You can download and fill in the form on your computer, or print out and fill in, you need invoice and any e tickets, Thomas cook invoice is all we have used in the past, also print out the page from Thomas Cook website stating they are insolvent. It's a freepost return, it has to be in CAPITAL letters.
Here's the link to Barclaycard's Thomas Cook webpage:

help.barclaycard/broch...Travel_dispute

In summary, there's a link on that page to a form that you need to fill in and send back to Barclaycard together with any invoices or other relevant documentation.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Sep 19, 12:37 PM  
Link to this Post
anneeb
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Nimbus View Post
Here's the link to Barclaycard's Thomas Cook webpage:

help.barclaycard/broch...Travel_dispute

In summary, there's a link on that page to a form that you need to fill in and send back to Barclaycard together with any invoices or other relevant documentation.
Thanks for that, after being up most of the night my brain could not compute how to do a link to the page
anneeb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List