Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 11 May 20, 01:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Sandra & co
Imagineer

Sandra & co's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
How do you keep busy at home?

Seriously going a bit mad, I’m usually at home but take the dog out, go shopping, meet my sister, go out with the kids, pub in the country with dh etc. Always planning for a trip away, I’m actually feeling very lost . Dd 17 is stuck to me like glue, we play games, watch films, online jigsaws, eat, cook and dh and ds are at to work. Any ideas of something we can do to fill our time? Dds laptop packed up which hasn’t helped!
Old 11 May 20, 01:07 PM  
Link to this Post
mickey house
Imagineer

You can still take your doggy out, go to the supermarkets, go out to exercise, plus exercise indoors (I know you said you have gym equipment), go and see your sister and chat to her from 2 metres away.

My advice is to eat less KFC and cake and exercising more.

I hope that helps.
mickey house is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 May 20, 01:10 PM  
Link to this Post
PoohBears#1fan
Imagineer

We just did a fun challenge with our friends, you need to record a 30 second video of a song that came out the year you were born.

It's surprising just how much time and fun something that simple can take up and it was fun sharing them around via WhatsApp.

Mine's still outstanding, I've been busy helping DS recreate a video clip from White Chicks for his song

Wild Africa Trek photo report

PoohBears#1fan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 May 20, 01:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Sandra & co
Imagineer

Sandra & co's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by mickey house View Post
You can still take your doggy out, go to the supermarkets, go out to exercise, plus exercise indoors (I know you said you have gym equipment), go and see your sister and chat to her from 2 metres away.

My advice is to eat less KFC and cake and exercising more.

I hope that helps.
I haven’t been near KFC because I would never queue for a hour to eat anything, yesterday i had this. Kebabs cooked on the bbq made by me and one brownie for pudding! I have walked every bit of this area and it’s sooooooooo boring!
Old 11 May 20, 01:25 PM  
Link to this Post
disney332
Imagineer

We have cleared our loft.

Looking back on all the old keepsakes, pictures when the kids were small and we were slim, together with my old school reports! Whilst not necessarily exercise, it helped improve the mood and take your mind back to happy times.

Then we had cake

Disney332
Old 11 May 20, 01:27 PM  
Link to this Post
mickey house
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Sandra & co View Post
I haven’t been near KFC because I would never queue for a hour to eat anything, yesterday i had this. Kebabs cooked on the bbq made by me and one brownie for pudding! I have walked every bit of this area and it’s sooooooooo boring!
Blimey Sandra you would need to walk for days on end to burn off the calories from the dressing on your food!

Why not park at Ruislip woods and you and hubby take your doggy for a lovely walk around it?
mickey house is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 May 20, 01:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Twin mummy
Imagineer

Twin mummy's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Any crafts that you've always wanted to learn? I've a friend who is knitting a square a day of an isolation blanket.
Personally if I had the time I want to learn to crochet.

I'm still working from home so fairly busy but I'm trying to read books I've always wanted to read, doing colouring, baking. We are trying to do jobs in the house and garden that we've never got round to so have painted a room, jet washed the patio, planted pots just as a starter.
Old 11 May 20, 01:38 PM  
Link to this Post
mickey house
Imagineer

As per twin mummys suggesion, my wife chills doing bead art. The picture of the tiger below consists of tens of thousands of small beads that make up the picture.

My wife is currently making a bead art picture of our doggy (about 50,000 small beads). She sent the picture off of our doggy (taken on an old mobile phone) and the company send the base and all the beads with instructions of where to put them. I think it costs around £30 which keeps Mrs MH busy for weeks and she really enjoys doing it.

Old 11 May 20, 01:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Feebee2
Imagineer

We've got a fly! Have tried all morning to free it out of the window with no success. Now we are in pursuit with the fly squat. Highlight of our lockdown.
Feebee2 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 May 20, 01:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridatilly
Imagineer

Mobile

My daughter turns 17 in two weeks and I honestly think she is turning into a sloth 🦥
We literally have to force her out of bed and out the door!
I am keeping myself really busy sorting out the front and back garden. I did not realise how much hard work gardening was.
It definitely helped having a project. My husband is impatiently waiting for the wood he needs to finish building his shed.
I now need to wait 21 days for my plant / trees order.
I have been digging boarders this morning. My poor hands are sore! And my back
But at least its stopping me from being bored and stopping me eating lol
Floridatilly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List