Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 14 Jan 17, 01:24 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyGirl86
Excited about Disney

DisneyGirl86's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7
Restaurant Reviews: 14
Originally Posted by Unexpectedpenny View Post
I wasn't that excited about it but sounds like it'll be a good ride. Happy it opens before we get there. Transformers opened 2 days after we left before so thought the same would happen with this one!
Yes same here! We normally fly home the day before a new attraction opens

I too am not sure about the sound of this but nonetheless prepared to give it a go! No idea who Jimmy Fallon is either
DisneyGirl86 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jan 17, 10:25 AM  
Link to this Post
LozSteelers
Very Serious Dibber

I'm looking forward to trying this, wasn't always a fan of simulators but Universal do them better than Disney IMO so it should be good!

Also, even if you don't know who he is, watch him ride Rip Ride Rockit with Kevin Hart:
LozSteelers is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jan 17, 10:36 AM  
Link to this Post
NatOwls
Imagineer

We can't wait for this & so glad it's opening before we arrive! Looks like we're going to miss out on Volcano Bay by a few weeks as we leave on the 20th May (praying for soft openings) so it's good to see we'll have Fallon & Kong to experience for the first time & check out the new Hulk!
Like others, were also heading to NYC before Orlando so looking forward to spotting some sights we will have recently visited 👍🏼
NatOwls is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jan 17, 06:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Joshie1
Imagineer

Joshie1's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 2
wonder how this will work with express passes and given that they charge for them if you are not staying at a designated hotel, will they also charge for the "Fast Pass"?
I'm sure quite a few people (ourselves included) only stay at Universal hotels for the express pass benefit.
Joshie1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jan 17, 08:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Excitedx4
Imagineer

Excitedx4's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Can't wait to go on this in August
Excitedx4 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jan 17, 08:57 PM  
Link to this Post
ratmanscoop
slightly serious Dibber

A very pleasant surprise considering how ill-timed our visit seems to have become with rides being closed and their replacements still underway - our visit to USF is planned 3 days after this opens. All I can say is, it better be good and it better not be busted by the time we arrive

I can't really gleam anything from the marketing material but if it operates like Forbidden Journey then I'm almost certain I'll really enjoy it. I wasn't a huge HP fan but had to concede in 2011 Forbidden Journey was one of the best rides of the entire holiday.

Edited at 11:07 PM.
ratmanscoop is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jan 17, 11:16 PM  
Link to this Post
clanmacbeath
Imagineer

clanmacbeath's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
Not sure how I feel about this, but I'm sure it will all be done to the highest standard. Maybe Alton Towers can do and Ant and Dec Version!
clanmacbeath is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jan 17, 11:57 AM  
Link to this Post
mattscold
Helping Mickey

Originally Posted by clanmacbeath View Post
Not sure how I feel about this, but I'm sure it will all be done to the highest standard. Maybe Alton Towers can do and Ant and Dec Version!
Meander Through Slough with Jonathon Ross or something?
mattscold is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jan 17, 12:07 PM  
Link to this Post
moosha
VIP Dibber

I hadn't realised this was opening so soon...two new Universal rides for us this year (this and Kong), and two at Disney (Frozen and new Soarin'). Maybe a two year break between trips does have its benefits after all .

I quite like Jimmy Fallon but it does seem a slightly bizarre ride concept. I'm going to give Universal the benefit of the doubt as they usually know what they're doing .

Not sure about how this virtual line thing will work with the Express passes we'll have from staying at the Hard Rock. If they run both together they won't know how many people will turn up at any given time expecting to use their Express passes and get on pretty quickly . Do we know for sure that Express pass is valid here or could it be like the Harry Potter rides that don't offer Express pass?
moosha is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jan 17, 12:10 PM  
Link to this Post
ratmanscoop
slightly serious Dibber

I highly doubt they'll offer express pass on a brand new ride - it wasn't offered on Rip Ride Rockit during our last visit for the same reason.