Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 5 Feb 17, 10:53 PM  
Link to this Post
srh
slightly serious Dibber

WDW dining for large parties

We are a party of 9 and it's ADR day on Tuesday.

In preparation I have done some dummy bookings and 3 of our choices (Narccoossees, Skippers Canteen and Yak and Yeti) don't accept bookings for parties of this size.

We all want to sit together!

Any ideas?
Old 5 Feb 17, 11:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Shani
Imagineer

We were a group of 7 in 2014 which limited some places, but were a group of 12 in 2016, which posed a lot more problems!

Generally, I avoided choices that meant I couldn't book online.

I called Disney for 2 - both, annoyingly, weren't Disney owned (T-rex and Boathouse) and they told me I'd need to call them direct.

I couldn't be bothered calling for T-rex, but did call the Boathouse, and it was no problem to take my booking for 12 of us over the phone!

I also made 2x bookings for 6 people at Beaches and Cream, which were 10 mins apart but when we got there it was no problem to sit us next to each other in 2 booths at the same time.

So, yeah, call Disney, and if they can't help you (possibly Yak & Yeti?) they'll tell you who you need to call
Shani is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Feb 17, 11:36 PM  
Link to this Post
srh
slightly serious Dibber

Thanks.

We will phone them on Tuesday.

We did phone TRex today and booked there not a problem.
I have a booking for 8 people at Beaches and Cream and have read that we can squeeze 9 in a booth so should hopefully be OK if we turn up early.

I'm surprised that this is a problem at Disney and even more surprised that I haven't heard more about it in the past.

We went for years as a party of 8 (a long time ago) and didn't have a problem anywhere.

Thanks for your reply.
Old 6 Feb 17, 10:21 AM  
Link to this Post
little tink
slightly serious Dibber

We were a party of 19 last year and just had to split into a few tables. We really wanted to do California Grill all together and knew that we'd probably have to have two tables next to each other but we couldn't even get that. So I phoned up and they were able to give us a table for 18 but for health and safety reasons couldn't add one more person. Luckily, they were able to give us two tables next to each other.

Little Tink
little tink is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Feb 17, 01:10 PM  
Link to this Post
amarooney
VIP Dibber

amarooney's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Booked for 9 at Jiko last year and have booked for 16 at The Yachtsman in June. On both occasions we had to contact the restaurant direct after contacting the WDW Dine number
amarooney is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Feb 17, 01:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Laura_<3
Imagineer

Laura_<3's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 13

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 249
We were party of 11 in 2015 but only had 2 ADR's where we were all eating together (Wishes Dessert Party a few days before our wedding and Trattoria Al Forno for our wedding meal). I had to call Disney for these.
Old 6 Feb 17, 01:44 PM  
Link to this Post
marlouwrig
VIP Dibber

We will be a party of 12 next year and I must admit this is causing me some concern even though we won't be doing that many sit down meals due to cost

DVC Member BCV, BLT & VGC
marlouwrig is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Feb 17, 02:45 PM  
Link to this Post
jim jehosofat
Imagineer

Mobile

Nine people in a both at Beaches and Cream will be a tight fit.
jim jehosofat is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Feb 17, 07:38 PM  
Link to this Post
jamcat
Having Dinner with Goofy

We went as a party of 12 in 2015, I did all the ADRs as a combination of 6+6 or 5+7, in most restaurants we were able to sit down as one party after requesting this on arrival ( July/Aug), sometimes it meant a little wait to do this but it wasn't a problem. Some restaurants physically can't seat large parties eg coral reef Epcot as it is all booths and small tables which can't really be pulled together, but for most it was fine.
jamcat is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Feb 17, 03:10 PM  
Link to this Post
tracey1302
Imagineer

tracey1302's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

Booked for 9 in 2014 at Cali Grill with no problems. We were an 11 a bit later in the holiday and usually ended up splitting 7 and 4 or 6 and 5. We usually ended up sitting together - if not, we usually just asked the hostess if our tables could be close together and it was all fine. Disney were very accommodating.
tracey1302 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List