Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 7 Feb 17, 08:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Madfish
Imagineer

Mobile

Has this now been confirmed as a permanent change rather than just whilst the train is not running?

Of course if successful, i.e. It makes money, then I am sure they will continue.
Madfish is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Feb 17, 09:48 PM  
Link to this Post
fizzypop
Imagineer

So have I just read the articles right? If MK opens at 9am, people are still let in to Main Street at 7.50am or is that just for when MK opens at 8am? We have a 8am reservation at BOG on a day that MK opens currently at 9am. Would we still get in to see an emptyish Main Street?
fizzypop is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Feb 17, 10:14 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by fizzypop View Post
So have I just read the articles right? If MK opens at 9am, people are still let in to Main Street at 7.50am or is that just for when MK opens at 8am? We have a 8am reservation at BOG on a day that MK opens currently at 9am. Would we still get in to see an emptyish Main Street?
My understanding is everyone gets in at 7.45am so no empty Main St. People with no early bookings don't get into any of the "lands" though, just Main St.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Feb 17, 10:22 PM  
Link to this Post
fizzypop
Imagineer

Originally Posted by sha9 View Post
My understanding is everyone gets in at 7.45am so no empty Main St. People with no early bookings don't get into any of the "lands" though, just Main St.
Hmm, thanks. Think it will be a non decision anyway as we are going in July and although the opening time is currently at 9am, I am fully expecting that to change to an 8am opening so will cancel our reservation.
fizzypop is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Feb 17, 11:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Pink-princess22
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

I thought the changes were only whilst the train is down for maintenance?!? Once that's back up and running I thought rope drop will be back to outside the park?!?
DLP - Sequoia Lodge - Sept 2018 - Celebrating a 60th
WDW - Port Orleans Riverside - Oct 2023 - Honeymoon
Pink-princess22 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Feb 17, 12:05 AM  
Link to this Post
xmelaniee
Getting Excited

Originally Posted by Pink-princess22 View Post
I thought the changes were only whilst the train is down for maintenance?!? Once that's back up and running I thought rope drop will be back to outside the park?!?
I emailed Disney to ask about May (train is due to be finished before then) and they said it will still be at the castle.
Old 8 Feb 17, 09:35 AM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Originally Posted by fizzypop View Post
Hmm, thanks. Think it will be a non decision anyway as we are going in July and although the opening time is currently at 9am, I am fully expecting that to change to an 8am opening so will cancel our reservation.
This was my thinking too. Originally wanted 8am CP booking but didn't want to chance them changing to an opening of 8 so went for an even earlier chef mickey adr so we can then get over to MK for opening . That's the plan anyway !
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Feb 17, 11:02 AM  
Link to this Post
belle1990
Helping Mickey

Mobile

I have an 8:05 breakfast reservation at CRT on what I thought was going to be a 9am park opening morning - not only is the rope drop now at the castle but they've added in a special ticketed event that morning too! I'm going to keep the reservation because I can't get any others and since I've never been to CRT before it's a must do for me, but if I had any other choice I'd be changing it for sure!
belle1990 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List