Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 23 Feb 17, 10:31 AM  
Link to this Post

Fantasmic - fastpass or not?

Will be at HS on the Sat before Easter from afternoon til end. Fastpasses are done but don't know if I should swap Toy Story FP for Fantasmic. I have read on here somewhere that queuing for Fantasmic can be a long wait and that won't be much fun with a couple of boys, 8 and 12. Guess I'm just seeking out people's experiences at this time of year (Easter).
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Feb 17, 10:57 AM  
Link to this Post
Conno
Very Serious Dibber

Not. All a Fast Pass does is absolutely guarantee you entry to Fantasmic. It doesn't guarantee decent seating. So long as you turn up to Fantasmic 30-40 minutes before; you'll get a seat.

If you Fast Pass it, you'll still want to turn up 30-40 minutes before for a decent seat.

Keep it on Toy Story :-)
Conno is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Feb 17, 12:42 PM  
Link to this Post
adreamisawish
Excited about Disney

Even in the summer there was never a queue for Fant. Think crowds like that are only really at Christmas. Maybe 4th of July...I didn't work that night so couldn't say.

Don't get a fast pass, you'll be directed to one of the three far right sections of the theatre. But from there there is actually nothing stopping you going to sit in the FP section...(you didn't hear that from me)
Old 23 Feb 17, 02:25 PM  
Link to this Post

Thankyou both for your replies. Think I will likely stick with what we already have.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Feb 17, 07:45 PM  
Link to this Post
traceyt
Imagineer

I did it last year but never again - the fast pass seats are the furthest away, right over the far end. It was a real trek on arrival, but you can imagine how long it took to get out at the end. Gonna take my chance and queue this year.
Old 23 Feb 17, 08:28 PM  
Link to this Post
DanniC
Excited about Disney

I've fast passed this but not sure what to do now ?
DanniC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Feb 17, 10:46 PM  
Link to this Post
adreamisawish
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by traceyt View Post
I did it last year but never again - the fast pass seats are the furthest away, right over the far end. It was a real trek on arrival, but you can imagine how long it took to get out at the end. Gonna take my chance and queue this year.
Sorry, this comment has given me major flashbacks of being screamed at by disgruntled guests annoyed their FP doesn't get them prime seating

A fast pass for Fantasmic guarantees you seating. It does not guarantee you 'good seats'. The middle 2-3 sections (both Mickey's plus Scar in the busy season) are set aside for people who pay for dinner package.

If you get a fast pass you are sat anywhere from Pocahauntas which is right next to Dinner Package fairly close to centre... all the way down to the far left section in Beast. In the summer you can even get a FP and be told to go to to the standing section to watch. Fantasmic CM's are always told to tell guests to get to the theatre as early as possible, to get the best seats. In the summer we never saw a queue to get in really.

If you don't get a FP you will be seated in the far right sections &, personally, I'm not crazy about the view from these seats. The advantage is, however, that you will get out the theatre quicker.
Old 24 Feb 17, 08:13 PM  
Link to this Post
beaky2808
Very Serious Dibber

Definitely wouldn't fast pass it over Toy Story, this is always my top FP for HS!

I would recommend the dining package deal though - Mama Melrose food is amazing and though pricey we think it's worth it for a decent meal and VIP seating in the centre of the stadium. We've done it every trip the last three years.
beaky2808 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List