Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 13 Mar 17, 01:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by emsparkles View Post
Take it or leave it guys would be my reccomendation. I did enjoy the pre ride stuff though!
Thanks for your review. And for providing some info about how the whole virtual queue thing will work.

It does seem like the general consensus is that the queue is more innovative and entertaining than the ride itself. Which is slightly bizarre.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Mar 17, 01:56 PM  
Link to this Post
disneytrio
Imagineer

disneytrio's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 13
Yes went on it for soft opening last week, its as we expected a 3D ride to all the other 3D rides, like minion mayhem and star tours. The queue area is quite good in the fact that it's not really a queue, you just wonder around looking at memorabilia until your colour light shows up, although it was pretty crowded upstairs.
disneytrio is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Mar 17, 01:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Forkbeard
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Nimbus View Post
It does seem like the general consensus is that the queue is more innovative and entertaining than the ride itself. Which is slightly bizarre.
It's a bit like when young kids prefer the cardboard box to the toy
Forkbeard is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Mar 17, 08:28 PM  
Link to this Post
vhm672
Imagineer

vhm672's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Rode this today on soft opening. A few thoughts. The Tonight show is iconic in the US and I doubt Universal care whether U.K. Guests recognize him or not.

We had express passes so didn't have to get a return time to join the queue.

The pre ride entertainment was good the barber shop group was a big crowd pleaser.

The ride is a 3D simulator but we thought other than very uncomfortable chairs it was excellent and definitely something I would ride multiple times. It is great to see New York and frankly a chase around the city does not require you to know who Jimmy Fallon is.
vhm672 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Mar 17, 11:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Forkbeard
Imagineer

Originally Posted by vhm672 View Post
Rode this today on soft opening. A few thoughts. The Tonight show is iconic in the US and I doubt Universal care whether U.K. Guests recognize him or not.

We had express passes so didn't have to get a return time to join the queue.

The pre ride entertainment was good the barber shop group was a big crowd pleaser.

The ride is a 3D simulator but we thought other than very uncomfortable chairs it was excellent and definitely something I would ride multiple times. It is great to see New York and frankly a chase around the city does not require you to know who Jimmy Fallon is.
I'm loving the barbershop singers... love the Dans.

I suspect Universal do care about increasing ticket sales though, and unless people are coming off that ride with their minds blown then someone ought to ask why?

If it were me I'd be thinking Potter was a big success, we probably ought to look for something similar. Something that yields huge acclaim and ridiculous queues for months and months. Potter... loved by kids, loved by adults. Brilliant theme potential, and out of this world attractions/shopping possibilities.

Jimmy Fallon... not so much. Basing a ride on a chap that sits at a desk and talks to people, and has zero appeal to children. Bit of a stretch that one

Now a big man-eating shark... based on a well loved film franchise that was a hit attraction before... now that makes a little more sense
Forkbeard is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Mar 17, 03:03 AM  
Link to this Post
mexico07
VIP Dibber

We done the ride today and we loved it ! There are five of us my two adult sons and their friend rode it the other day and we all went back today and done it again, I have to say it was so much fun, my DH doesn't do many rides and he really enjoyed it , definately one of the best and a new favourite for me xxx
mexico07 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Mar 17, 06:33 AM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

Our verdict when we came off on Sunday well that's 20 minutes we will never get back we both said it must be the only ride in a theme park we will never do again totally underwhelmed to be honest but none of us are great fans of soaring but we do it when we do Disney this nope a big fat zero from us
Gryff is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Mar 17, 07:45 AM  
Link to this Post
HEMANCLOFTY
Dibbing with Tink

HEMANCLOFTY's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
We rode it during one of the technical rehearsal days earlier this month. Had seen a few YouTube clips and sketches beforehand so had a good idea of JF's style of humour.

Thought the queuing system was excellent, and our 45 minute wait went really quickly. It was great to sit on the floor and relax for most of that time - you just have to stand when 30 Rock (the Barbershop group) come on as more people move into this area to listen - they were very entertaining and had great voices - worth queuing just for them alone.

Thought the ride itself was good, a fun and silly way to experience some of the sights of New York, and there was some great NBC and JF merchandise in the gift shop.

All in all, a good addition to the park, and a good place to chill and reenergise in he middle of a busy / hot park day 😀

Edited at 07:46 AM.
HEMANCLOFTY is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List