Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 13 Feb 18, 08:28 AM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
Or that you all go somewhere else that isn't a buffet, and just pay for those who eat.

Trattoria del Forno was mentioned above - it's a character breakfast with Rapunzel and Flynn, and Ariel and Eric. I've seen videos and it looks great. Have a look on YouTube.

You could pay for all those who are going to eat something, and explain beforehand to the staff. I'm sure they would let you share with the boys anything they would eat, or even bring something in yourself.
Other parks: Tokyo
Gill H is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Feb 18, 09:13 AM  
Link to this Post
Moody230
Excited about Disney

I have a non eater, DS9 (gastrostomy fed since birth due to several medical complications from being extremely premature) he will now occasionally try a bag of quavers or a small portion of fries. We always found trying to explain his PEG and why he doesn’t eat a bit of a nightmare in Disney. (We’ve been every year since he was born)

If it’s a counter service we don’t get him anything, buffets and character meals we have to pay for him, as your paying for the experience. Other sit down meals without characters you can get away without ordering them anything.

We found booking disney’s free dining was the answer for us as I want him to try new foods and didn’t need to worry about cost when he wasted anything. My DS9 also doesn’t drink orally.

We’ve done Cinderella’s Royal Table a few times and paid for him despite him not having anything. I don’t think you’ll be able to not pay as the kids get swords and wands and you get a picture with Cinderella in with the cost, as well as meeting the other characters.

We’re doing brunch OOP this August at the California Grill for our 10th wedding anniversary and have decided not to take DS9 and DD6 as it’s really expensive for kids and he will definitely not eat it. We’re lucky though as my parents are there for the last week of our holiday and will take them into the MK for a few hours.

I do appreciate what a nightmare it can be, especially when your other children do not have restricted diets. We love food in our house and dining in Disney is something we really look forward to. Many a look we’ve had when he was younger and not eating anything whilst sat playing on his Nintendo DS.

Edited at 09:24 AM.
Moody230 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Feb 18, 10:14 AM  
Link to this Post
Lucyjane45xxx
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Gill H View Post
Or that you all go somewhere else that isn't a buffet, and just pay for those who eat.

Trattoria del Forno was mentioned above - it's a character breakfast with Rapunzel and Flynn, and Ariel and Eric. I've seen videos and it looks great. Have a look on YouTube.

You could pay for all those who are going to eat something, and explain beforehand to the staff. I'm sure they would let you share with the boys anything they would eat, or even bring something in yourself.
You would have to pay for everyone at trattoria al forno too as far as I am aware, as Bev mentioned earlier, it is seen as an entertainment charge as characters are there
"The Superfan & The Skeptic" - Trip Report Index Here
Lucyjane45xxx is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Feb 18, 10:34 AM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
Ah, I see.

Well in that case I would agree with others' suggestions - something that doesn't involve food, such as pirate/mermaid makeovers maybe?
Other parks: Tokyo
Gill H is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List