Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 20 Feb 18, 05:42 PM  
Link to this Post
nquart
Very Serious Dibber

nquart's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Does the 10.33am/11am fast pass trick still work? That's the only way we got one for FOP. I'm glad we did it (not seen the film but can appreciate a stunning ride) but our DD didn't really enjoy it (too many drops for her) so we won't go on again.
nquart is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Feb 18, 07:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Mo&Chris
VIP Dibber

Comments about comfort of the seats taken onboard. My main concern is that it looks like the front of your shins are pressed into something - maybe cushioned, maybe not. As Chris has had skin grafts on the front of one shin, we'd prefer to minimise that kind of pressure on the area. He also has a false knee and limited range of movement in the joint, so it's unlikely he could bend his knee as far back as some of the shots I've seen appear to require.

/Mo
Mo&Chris is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Feb 18, 08:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridatilly
Imagineer

Mobile

Not ride is worth a 3 hour wait for me but that’s my personal opinion, my back could not take it lol
I would try to get a FP and failing that I would get there early and leg it for the ride because it is my all time favourite ride EVER!
My husband in the other hand prefers roller coasters
Floridatilly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Feb 18, 05:29 AM  
Link to this Post
Eccle
Imagineer

Originally Posted by chrisblanc View Post
it's currently 8:20 in Orlando and Animal Kingdom opened at 8am today.

According to the app, there's a 240 min wait for FoP. Bonkers! I thought Feb was supposed to be light? I'm worried about the wait times in April for sure.

That being said, I'd definitely queue as long as I have to. I MUST do this ride lol
Not this February it's not! We've been here since the 10th and it's been incredibly busy
Eccle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Feb 18, 01:20 PM  
Link to this Post
SmilingSammie
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by chrisblanc View Post
it's currently 8:20 in Orlando and Animal Kingdom opened at 8am today.

According to the app, there's a 240 min wait for FoP. Bonkers! I thought Feb was supposed to be light? I'm worried about the wait times in April for sure.

That being said, I'd definitely queue as long as I have to. I MUST do this ride lol
If you aren't near the front of the FOP line in the morning then i'd wait. Keep checking FPs, heard people checking between 10.30 - 10.40 can usually get one. Also another method is to wait until just before park closing and enter the queue. Most people get on and off within the hour

My First Ever Pre-Trip Report - Sept 2015
My 2nd Pre-Trip Report! - Sept 2016
My Orlando 2019 Trip Report
My Orlando Feb 2022 Trip Report
DLP - May 2013, May 2018
Florida - 1998, 2000, 2005, 2008, 2010, 2012, 2015, 2016, 2018, 2019, 2022, 2023
SmilingSammie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Feb 18, 01:45 PM  
Link to this Post
toots82
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Mo&Chris View Post
Comments about comfort of the seats taken onboard. My main concern is that it looks like the front of your shins are pressed into something - maybe cushioned, maybe not. As Chris has had skin grafts on the front of one shin, we'd prefer to minimise that kind of pressure on the area. He also has a false knee and limited range of movement in the joint, so it's unlikely he could bend his knee as far back as some of the shots I've seen appear to require.

/Mo
Hi

I'm sure there's a test seat, maybe worth trying to book one and trying it out? It is an odd position but the ride is breathtaking. From what I remember, the leg area, once you were in position (which I understand may be the issue) it didn't feel like you were rubbing anything, they hold you in place at your back I'm sure. Still may not be doable but just in case you wanted to try it out. x
toots82 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Feb 18, 08:07 PM  
Link to this Post
VickyJ
Apprentice Imagineer

VickyJ's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
I have queued 3 hours for this ride and would do so again in a heartbeat. It is the most exhilarating ride I have been on. So different from anything else.
Poly isles 03-Portofino bay 06-Cypress point 2006-Port Orleans 09-Hard Rock 2010-AKL feb 11-Reunion Grande Jn 11-POR+Cruise Aug 13-OKW Aug 16-SSR Feb 17-S/Springs Aug17-Hyatt Aug17-VC Feb18-AKL Oct 19
I-Creek Jan 20, Vista cay 2022
VickyJ is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Feb 18, 11:43 AM  
Link to this Post
3family
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Mo&Chris View Post

/Mo
Obviously I don’t you know his flexibility but I have very big calfs and I was fine. I saw way bigger people than me in there too, as well as relatively small children

You don’t have to lift your leg much at all and honestly, the position you’re in feels natural

There’s a test seat outside and I was nervous reading some complaints last year but I’d be confident saying 99.99% of people will be Ok on the ride