Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 29 Jan 17, 10:34 AM  
Link to this Post
Ked
Excited about Disney

Spirit of aloha dinner show

Hi all
Our ADR date is coming up and I'm wondering if this is worth the 2 credits? We are a family of 5 (17,14,11) it's our 3rd trip and we have never done any shows. Can anyone recommend anything that their teenagers enjoyed?
Thank you
Sarah
Ked is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jan 17, 05:32 PM  
Link to this Post
VickyJ
Apprentice Imagineer

VickyJ's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
We did this a few of years ago so mine would have been 14,13 & 8 and none of them enjoyed it. The only bit they really enjoyed was the fire dancers. We have however done hoop de too twice and loved it both times.
They are completely different shows and it will be each unto their own x
Poly isles 03-Portofino bay 06-Cypress point 2006-Port Orleans 09-Hard Rock 2010-AKL feb 11-Reunion Grande Jn 11-POR+Cruise Aug 13-OKW Aug 16-SSR Feb 17-S/Springs Aug17-Hyatt Aug17-VC Feb18-AKL Oct 19
I-Creek Jan 20, Vista cay 2022
VickyJ is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jan 17, 05:41 PM  
Link to this Post
ladyofleisure
Excited about Disney

I'd agree completely different shows - we enjoyed Hoop Di Doo more, we felt Spirit of Aloha was a little more cheesy, but are hoping to do both again this year as overall they are a great night out. Worth 2TS to us, as we struggle to use them all up but enjoy some evening entertainment all the same.
ladyofleisure is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jan 17, 07:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Unexpectedpenny
Imagineer

I've never been but recently read Aimee and Lauren's detailed experience of it on their trip report here.
Unexpectedpenny is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jan 17, 10:01 PM  
Link to this Post
scoobydooby
VIP Dibber

Mobile

We hated it. I have to be fair. We were sat at a poorly located table with another family, the couple of whom were basically coming close to divorce in front of us, one set of their parents and their children. It was horrific. The food was horrible too though. My immediate entertainment was rather too distracting for me to give a fair review of the actual show but it was too noisy for me to focus on it. Will not return. If you have small children the Backyard BBQ is ace. Very ordinary food but outstanding entertainment. My DD is now 15. She was 5 when we went here and it was her best Disney night ever! Haven't done Hoop de Doo.
Old 5 Feb 17, 09:05 PM  
Link to this Post
WigglyJim
I want to go now!

I went with my family as a teenager and can say that we weren't a fan of Spirit of Aloha. It was a decent spectacle and the fire dancers were the highlight. The food, however, wasn't to my taste- and the lack of lighting didn't really help, as you couldn't see what you were eating!
WigglyJim is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Feb 17, 12:05 AM  
Link to this Post
Shani
Imagineer

We went last year. It was OK, but we won't be returning in a hurry. We didn't actually get to see the whole show as the rain was torrential. It slowed down a little and the lightning stopped long enough for them to put on a mini show of the best bits (the fire bit) right at the end after we finished eating. I think we were all a bit traumatised having to run down a really dark path we'd never been down before with the rain lashing down to get to it and then being soaked through for dinner. The food was OK - not my cup of tea really but nothing wrong with it.
Shani is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Feb 17, 08:40 AM  
Link to this Post
Jedi_Angie
Being a bit Goofy

Maybe we're in the minority - we loved it. Cheesy, sure, but entertaining. Food was good, and we had a very attentive waitress who kept topping up the booze.
High Grove (2007) ... Bella Vida (2008, 2010) ... LA & Vegas (2009) ... Washington/Philly/NYC/Boston/Cape Cod (2011) ... AKL/Florida Pines (2012) ... Westridge (2013) ... AKL (2014) ... RPR/Yacht Club (2015) ... PBR (2016) ... POR (2017) ... HI DS (2018) ... AKL (2019)
Jedi_Angie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Feb 17, 08:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Ked
Excited about Disney

Thanks all
I'm still undecided ! My 13 yr old hated the lady singing in Ohanas so maybe this is not going to be her thing! Dh is a fussy eater, I'm thinking that 2 credits maybe better used on 2 other restaurants
I need to get a plan!
Ked is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List