Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 16 Feb 17, 10:26 PM  
Link to this Post
firsttimemouse
Very Serious Dibber

I asked my optician if I was safe to wear daily disposables at water parks and he said without them I'm likely to cause much more damage walking into things than the risk of an eye infection. I can't read the top letter on the eye test board so am a complete liability! Will take my glasses as a back up though.
firsttimemouse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Feb 17, 10:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Princess Alison
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by firsttimemouse View Post
I asked my optician if I was safe to wear daily disposables at water parks and he said without them I'm likely to cause much more damage walking into things than the risk of an eye infection. I can't read the top letter on the eye test board so am a complete liability! Will take my glasses as a back up though.
Lol - I can't even see the board with the letters on it! Awful isn't it. I'd love prescription sunglasses but they just look awful in my prescription. So lenses it is
Princess Alison is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Feb 17, 10:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Hopefulholiday
Very Serious Dibber

Hopefulholiday's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Like others I wear daily disposables and wear them to the water parks, I only wear goggles on slides where you get lots of water in your face e.g. the ones where you face forwards or if swimming properly. I did avoid the wave pool last time at Typhoon Lagoon but that wasn't just because of my eyes !
I just chuck them at the end of the day as usual and luckily been ok!
June/July 2019: New York, Riu Plaza & Orlando, villa Sunset Lakes, HRH
Hopefulholiday is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Feb 17, 11:16 AM  
Link to this Post
lovewdw
Apprentice Imagineer

I normally wear extended wear (sleep in them) lenses.
On the advice of my optician I have some daily disposable lenses which I use when swimming, removing them immediately afterwards.

I do this in the UK too, the potential for eye infections caused by bacteria trapped under the contact lens is too serious to ignore.
lovewdw is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Feb 17, 01:22 PM  
Link to this Post
r80rew
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

Mobile

We had this dilemma with my wife for our up coming trip. My wife would not take the risk with lenses and water as you only get one set of eyes. So instead we have bought prescription goggles and although initially sceptical they are brilliant. This will make the waterparks & discovery cove much more enjoyable & less embarrassing... When we went to centre parcs she waved frantically and walked towards a randomer thinking it was me.
Old 19 Feb 17, 10:02 AM  
Link to this Post
loopyloufew
Excited about Disney

I cant see without my glasses/lenses and I always wear my lenses into the water parks with my sunglasses or goggles over the top, I also have photophobia so find it difficult being in bright sunlight without sunglasses and have always been fine in the pools/ lazy rivers. I just throw that pair away when I'm done. I stock pile the months before by wearing my glasses more!

Lucy
2017 pre-trip report

2017 trip report
loopyloufew is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Feb 17, 10:35 AM  
Link to this Post
princess allie
VIP Dibber

I never wear mine in the water, to scared. I just use my prescription sunglasses. It is easier for me though, as I don't do the slides.

1998 Villa in Kissimmee 2009 Animal Kingdom Lodge 2011 Animal Kingdom Lodge 2014 Villa Lake Berkeley 2016 Villa Bass Lakes 2017 Villa on Solana and Vero Beach 2018 Villa on Highlands Reserve and St Pete Beach 2019 SLC, Cabana Bay, Highlands Reserve & Coronado Springs, 2020 Feb half term villa chilling. 2022 villa on Calabay Park and a trip Clearwater beach. 2023 Orlando and Clearwater
princess allie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Feb 17, 05:31 PM  
Link to this Post
ayrpluto

ayrpluto's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 3
If you open your eyes underwater would the contacts not come off? My contacts sometimes threaten to come off after the drop on like jurassic park and that so was curious if they'd stay in eyes?

July 2004; Dec 2007; June/July 2009; July 2011; July 2012; July 2015; June/July 2017

A little short to be a stormtrooper.
ayrpluto is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Feb 17, 06:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Princess_mummy
Trainee Dibber

Mobile

I wear dailies and like other people have said throw them away as I'm exiting the park. I also take eye drops as my eyes get really sore. I've also started to take a spare pair of lenses to the water parks after I almost lost one right before our dolphin swim at discovery cove! I also tend to put glades on afterwards to give my eyes a rest.
Unfortunately I had laser eye surgery and my eyes regressed, so won't be doing that again!
Princess_mummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Feb 17, 12:41 AM  
Link to this Post
Floridatilly
Imagineer

Mobile

I have prescription sun glasses so wear these, I am a bore at water parks though and the lazy river is as good as it gets so fine with the sun glasses.
I won't be allowing my son to wear his contacts in the water park, I don't want to risk any form of sore eyes whilst away, my friends 19 year old daughter had a terrible time after going swimming in hers (swimming baths not water park)
Floridatilly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List