Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 19 Feb 17, 05:27 PM  
Link to this Post
emilygrace
Chilling at Carribean Beach

Rivers of Light

Hi Due in Orlando last 2 weeks of May and was just trying to find some things to do we haven't done before. came across the rivers of light at animal kingdom so was wondering
1 what kind of show is it
2 is it any good
3 how does the dining package work do you get priority seating if you book a table regardless of the time you eat
emilygrace is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Feb 17, 06:23 PM  
Link to this Post
nquart
Very Serious Dibber

nquart's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Following as I'd also like to know
Also, is the fast pass seating worth the extra cost for the meal?
nquart is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Feb 17, 06:40 PM  
Link to this Post

It's a show using mainly projection on water features plus some live action. (Like Fantasmic). The theme throughout is animals. It does NOT contain any Disney characters. You can find excerpts on YouTube. The dinner seating isn't Fastpass it's Priority. Fastpasses are available separately not requiring any meal but may be in different areas to the Priority..

Dining packages are now on sale up to the end of June for the show that offer guests premium seating. You can choose from 2 restaurants:

Tusker House:

Breakfast, starting at:
$39.00 adults
$23.00 children ages 3 to 9
Lunch/Dinner, starting at:
$52.00 adults
$32.00 children ages 3 to 9

Tiffins:

Rivers of Light Dining Package Prices (Dining Plan Eligible)
Lunch/Dinner starting at:
$67.00 adults
$26 children ages 3 to 9

Dinner dining must be take at least 3 hours before the show at either restaurant.

Edited at 06:46 PM.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Feb 17, 12:31 PM  
Link to this Post
m3gt2
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Does the lunch/dinner package at Tiffins come as 3 course or 2? Also is it 2TS credits? Thanks
m3gt2 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Feb 17, 12:35 PM  
Link to this Post
SMAX
Imagineer

SMAX's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 3

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 13
Guidebook Photos: 69
3 courses and 2 credits. We did this last year on DDP for the Jungle Book show that filled in for RoL.

It is a great use of 2 credits and the meal was excellent.
SMAX is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Feb 17, 01:45 PM  
Link to this Post
ratmanscoop
slightly serious Dibber

I'd like to query this - when I booked over the phone I was told that Tusker House would be a fixed price affair but Tiffin's you just paid standard menu prices for whatever you ordered. I know we've got the RoL option on the booking as I can see it in my MDE page, so I'm a bit puzzled - that advice seems to conflict with what I've read elsewhere?
Old 25 Feb 17, 08:58 AM  
Link to this Post
m3gt2
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by SMAX View Post
3 courses and 2 credits. We did this last year on DDP for the Jungle Book show that filled in for RoL.

It is a great use of 2 credits and the meal was excellent.
Thanks for that 😊
m3gt2 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Feb 17, 09:01 AM  
Link to this Post
m3gt2
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by ratmanscoop View Post
I'd like to query this - when I booked over the phone I was told that Tusker House would be a fixed price affair but Tiffin's you just paid standard menu prices for whatever you ordered. I know we've got the RoL option on the booking as I can see it in my MDE page, so I'm a bit puzzled - that advice seems to conflict with what I've read elsewhere?
Trek to Tiffins where you’ll savor your choice of appetizer, entrée and dessert from a menu featuring mouthwatering delights from around the globe. Please note: While this dining package is available for both lunch and dinner periods, Guests must arrive to dine no later than 3 hours prior to showtime.
Rivers of Light Dining Package Prices (Dining Plan Eligible)
Lunch/Dinner starting at:
$67.00 adults
$26.00 children ages 3 to 9

Found that on Disney's website
Old 25 Feb 17, 02:59 PM  
Link to this Post
ratmanscoop
slightly serious Dibber

Yes I saw that too, hence the confusion - I don't imagine that's going to vary too much from what we'll end up spending anyway based on the menu prices, but it is somewhat contradictory to what I was told over the phone. The guy was quite helpful but very deadpan and sounded rather bored, which made the delivery of 'have a magical day' at the end of the phone call all the more amusing :P
Old 25 Feb 17, 04:58 PM  
Link to this Post
m3gt2
Excited about Disney

Mobile

I'm guessing that it probably means the above prices for lunch but maybe higher for dinner, when demand would be higher?