Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 20 Feb 17, 11:13 PM  
Link to this Post
scojo72
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

We have just booked 16th April for two weeks from Manchester for £320 each.I have never seen them that cheap. So it would have been rude not to go.
villa.vero beach.akl jambo 3wks 2010
animal kingdom 2009
villa 2008
caribbean beach 2007
villa 2006
2000-2006 various hotels on international drive

DVC MEMBER
scojo72 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Feb 17, 11:15 PM  
Link to this Post
RM2016
Imagineer

RM2016's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by papamouse View Post
I'd sell my granny for £289 in July from Glasgow...

I think she'd be quite good as cabin crew...
We pad £180 2016 5th July Glasgow to Sanford with Thomson. There was other options too including Edinburgh and Manchester.
RM2016 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Feb 17, 11:20 PM  
Link to this Post
sammykitten
Imagineer

Originally Posted by RM2016 View Post
We pad £180 2016 5th July Glasgow to Sanford with Thomson. There was other options too including Edinburgh and Manchester.
how far in advance did you book your flight RM2016?
sammykitten is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Feb 17, 01:24 AM  
Link to this Post
Animagus
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Bozza View Post
Those us who have to fly during school holidays will be laughing at someone considering a direct flight for £289 who is thinking "I want it cheaper than that"!
couldn't have put it better myself! If only...
Animagus is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Feb 17, 04:52 AM  
Link to this Post
lawe
VIP Dibber

lawe's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Every year and always around the same time of April to June I see posts on Hot UK Deals of a last minute flight only return to Florida from £160 upwards!
Of course the down side is these are last minute bookings so luck has to be on your side.

May 2012, August 2016 Lake Berkley Resort
June 2024 booked back to Lake Berkley
lawe is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Feb 17, 08:32 PM  
Link to this Post
lisad
Excited about Disney

So, has anyone been brave enough to book a Disney Hotel during the free dining promotion and hold out for cheap flights for the end of April?

We went at the end of April last year and watched the flights drop by hundreds a few months after we booked. Trying to decide if I'm brave enough to book the free dining for April 2018 and then hope we can tweak the dates with Disney once the flights drop
lisad is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Feb 17, 08:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Sinead
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by Bozza View Post
Those us who have to fly during school holidays will be laughing at someone considering a direct flight for £289 who is thinking "I want it cheaper than that"!
Yes this!
Sinead is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Feb 17, 08:54 PM  
Link to this Post
papamouse
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by lisad View Post
So, has anyone been brave enough to book a Disney Hotel during the free dining promotion and hold out for cheap flights for the end of April?

We went at the end of April last year and watched the flights drop by hundreds a few months after we booked. Trying to decide if I'm brave enough to book the free dining for April 2018 and then hope we can tweak the dates with Disney once the flights drop
booked on 3rd novemeber - the very last day! 1st-14th July

just booked flights last week - 27th June to 11th July... super cheap.

CBR cant change my dates!

You know what if you are gonna be anywhere in the world and looking for a hotel room - its Orlando (or Blackpool!)

so planning 4 dates coco beach if they cant fit us in...

2025 "Free Dining" Discounts Calculator Spreadsheet here:
https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...php?p=15848077
papamouse is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Feb 17, 09:22 PM  
Link to this Post
lisad
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by papamouse View Post
booked on 3rd novemeber - the very last day! 1st-14th July

just booked flights last week - 27th June to 11th July... super cheap.

CBR cant change my dates!

You know what if you are gonna be anywhere in the world and looking for a hotel room - its Orlando (or Blackpool!)

so planning 4 dates coco beach if they cant fit us in...
Aha! Glad you got a good price for your flights. Please let us know what you end up doing... hopefully CBR will 'magic' a few extra nights for you!

So, in theory if you had overbooked a few nights at either side of your trip (to guarantee they wouldn't sell out), you could have then just reduced your booking and paid the admin fee? Does anyone see a flaw in my plan? Obviously, other than not being able to get flights at all, or the price going up!
lisad is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Feb 17, 10:30 PM  
Link to this Post
married2mm
Imagineer

married2mm's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by lisad View Post

I would love to go at these fab prices & considered it previously-however when dmil is travelling with us we need to be all booked and sorted-no hanging around.

Realistically, even if it was just me & dh I don't think I could hang on & wait till the VERY last minute
surely you'd have to pay your wdw balance before booking flights if leaving it right to the last minute...
I definitely wouldn't have the nerve for that
married2mm is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List