Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 21 Feb 17, 02:57 PM  
Link to this Post
AnnieB
Imagineer

Originally Posted by mummyroo1 View Post
I think there are enough in the Universal parks now. They were good rides but once you have done one you have pretty well done them all. I fear that 3d rides might become the standard go to ride option and the variety in ride experiences might be reduced. Doesn't help that they make me quite nauseous. I can only ride one 3d ride every now and again, it took me ages for the nausea to wear off after Simpsons.
I am the same. I can't even watch my son play a video game as it makes me feel ill.

I do think there should be a balance of all rides so there's something for everyone. Universal do seem a bit obsessed with the 3D rides but then they are a movie company.
AnnieB is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Feb 17, 03:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Reereef
Imagineer

Reereef's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
I am not a fan of the simulator/3D rides. I tend to get a headache from them, which can ruin a day out. For that reason I often won't ride. I found there was less for me to do last year at Universal and so this year we are giving it a miss. We still love the park(s) but will return in a few years when it feels a bit fresher again.
Reereef is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Feb 17, 04:00 PM  
Link to this Post
lottiesmum0
VIP Dibber

Not too much of a fan of simulators either! The simpsons ride makes me feel really sick. I prefer a mixture.
Old 21 Feb 17, 05:46 PM  
Link to this Post
amandajane10
Imagineer

amandajane10's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 3
I like both but i cant cope with upside roller coasters anymore.
Villa Holiday May 2018
Planning Easter 2020
amandajane10 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Feb 17, 06:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Pumpkin Pie
Imagineer

Well I am no spring chicken but give me a real coaster any day of the week. The simulator rides make me quite ill I have discovered.
Pumpkin Pie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Feb 17, 06:10 PM  
Link to this Post

I enjoy both but hubby can't see 3D so doesn't get much out of them.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Feb 17, 07:04 PM  
Link to this Post
StorybookCircus
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

There needs to be more balance! Disney has dark rides, boat rides, fairground style rides like Dumbo and Astro Orbiters, shows like the Tiki Room and Carousel of Progress, interactive shows like Turtle Talk and Monsters Inc, indoor and outdoor rollercoasters and simulators.
Universal has too many 3D rides and more on the way (Jimmy Fallon, Fast and Furious)
The ones with physical elements (like the truck ride in Kong) are slightly more exciting, but I got so sick of every ride spraying me with water then blasting me with heat! It's only innovative the first time...
The quality of the 3D effects and the films themselves varies wildly due to age. I found myself wishing for more rides like Forbidden Journey, The Mummy and Jurassic Park because even though the last two are quite dated, the effects still have their charm! Compare it to the Simpsons ride film, which looks like something drawn in MS Paint...
If we were to go back to Universal, we'd maybe queue for Kong and Transformers. Once you've done one, you've done them all.
StorybookCircus is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Feb 17, 07:20 PM  
Link to this Post
bonnies mum
Imagineer

Mobile

3d rides make me feel sick and can take hours to recover, but a few of all type of rides is probably best.

Edited at 10:41 AM.
bonnies mum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Feb 17, 07:30 PM  
Link to this Post
WhereIBelong
Imagineer

There REALLY is already more balance, people just don't seem to see it somehow... I'm puzzled

Coasters - Hulk, Rip ride Rocket, duelling dragons, Flight of the hippogryph, woody woodpecker

Fairground - Storm force accelatron, Caroseusel, one fish 2 fish, twirl and hurl, high in the sky train

Other - dark/wet/ride ET, cat in the hat, men in black, ripsaw falls, jurassic park, popeye barges, Dr doom, Skull island

Shows
The Blues Brothers, Universal Horror Make-Up,Fear Factor Live. Cinematic Spectacular.
Eighth Voyage of Sindbad Stunt Show. Poseidon's Fury.

3/4 D shows and sims - T2, Shrek 4th, Minions, Mummy, Gringotts, Forbidden journey, Simpsons Transformers and Spiderman and soon to be Jimmy Fallon

Alongside parades, street shows and character meet and greets

Something for everybody in that lot - don't get why people say it is all simulators.
WhereIBelong is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Feb 17, 07:36 PM  
Link to this Post
jclutton
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by WhereIBelong View Post
There REALLY is already more balance, people just don't seem to see it somehow... I'm puzzled

Coasters - Hulk, Rip ride Rocket, duelling dragons, Flight of the hippogryph, woody woodpecker

Fairground - Storm force accelatron, Caroseusel, one fish 2 fish, twirl and hurl, high in the sky train

Other - dark/wet/ride ET, cat in the hat, men in black, ripsaw falls, jurassic park, popeye barges, Dr doom, Skull island

Shows
The Blues Brothers, Universal Horror Make-Up,Fear Factor Live. Cinematic Spectacular.
Eighth Voyage of Sindbad Stunt Show. Poseidon's Fury.

3/4 D shows and sims - T2, Shrek 4th, Minions, Mummy, Gringotts, Forbidden journey, Simpsons Transformers and Spiderman and soon to be Jimmy Fallon

Alongside parades, street shows and character meet and greets

Something for everybody in that lot - don't get why people say it is all simulators.
Well said!
jclutton is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List