Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 22 Feb 17, 05:48 PM  
Link to this Post
davdawnbro
Getting Excited

Thomson seat booking advice please

We have booked our holiday through Thomsons, the travel agent said that we can prebook our seats on the plane 90 days prior to flying.

But what I'm a bit baffled by is that she advised that I stay up until just after midnight to book the seats as if we leave it until the morning they most of the seats will be booked already. Does anyone have any experience of this, is this good advice or not?
davdawnbro is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Feb 17, 06:10 PM  
Link to this Post
k100dmk
Very Serious Dibber

I'd definitely book them as soon as it becomes available to do so. you can pay for extra leg room which isn't much more and book them now if you like.
k100dmk is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Feb 17, 06:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Geordieprincess
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

When we went with Thomson last year the booking opened 90 days before the return leg (not sure if it's still the same or if they changed it after lots of complaints). I woke up at 5am and went on the site to find on the outward journey (we were going for 3 weeks so could only book outward a week later than the 2 week holiday folks) there weren't even 4 seats together anywhere on the plane (even though I had paid to sit together). There was plenty availability on return journey. I had a tense few hours wait for the booking line to open so I could phone them. Took them a while but they eventually found me seats together. If I was doing it again I'd stay up (although it probably wouldn't have helped on the outward leg anyway). Depends how much you care where you sit - lots of people like specific places e.g. near the front, away from toilets etc so if you want the choice I'd stay up.
Geordieprincess is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Feb 17, 06:20 PM  
Link to this Post
k100dmk
Very Serious Dibber

The thing with thomson is they class across an aisle and infront or behind as next to each other, I don't think a lot of people realise this when they book, if you have paid to sit together I think it's about an extra £5 to book extra leg room and you can book those seats right away and for a small amount extra it is definitely worth doing.
k100dmk is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Feb 17, 06:34 PM  
Link to this Post
davdawnbro
Getting Excited

Well... Thank you all for your advice, I have just emailed Thomson and to book extra leg room seats for us all us only £26 in total! Worth paying just to save me having to stay up till midnight
davdawnbro is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Feb 17, 12:09 AM  
Link to this Post
joeym
Excited about Disney

How many are ther of u? If there's only 2 get the seats right at the back as there are only 2 seats where there should be 3 😉 loads of space but otherwise pay for the extra legroom think it's only 5er each but def worth it x
Old 23 Feb 17, 01:51 PM  
Link to this Post
noneekins
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

I believe thomson have changed their 90 day policy. I'm going in August and have already reserved my seats (i.e. I paid for pre booked seats) before Christmas and when I went on to pick, most of the seats had already gone.
noneekins is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Feb 17, 01:54 PM  
Link to this Post
davdawnbro
Getting Excited

Thank you for all your replies. I actually paid £26 in total extra for all four of us to have extra leg room seats in both journeys! I went online and selected the seats last night.
Old 23 Feb 17, 01:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Taffy1959
VIP Dibber

Taffy1959's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
We're off to Lanzarote with Thomson next month and I had an email in the middle of November to say I could book our seats and there wasn't a great deal of choice then
Old 23 Feb 17, 02:41 PM  
Link to this Post
sunaddict
Imagineer

Originally Posted by noneekins View Post
I believe thomson have changed their 90 day policy. I'm going in August and have already reserved my seats (i.e. I paid for pre booked seats) before Christmas and when I went on to pick, most of the seats had already gone.
No policy change for standard economy seats. Only PE, extra space and extra legroom.
sunaddict is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List