Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 23 Feb 17, 12:07 PM  
Link to this Post
col1968
Apprentice Imagineer

Virgin sale

I'm looking for flights end Nov/beginning Dec...when will the next VA sale be? Id like to save a bit more money
col1968 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Feb 17, 05:24 PM  
Link to this Post
col1968
Apprentice Imagineer

anyone know from past experience?
col1968 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Feb 17, 05:41 PM  
Link to this Post
poohsfriend
Excited about Disney

Sorry can't help with when the next sale will be but just thought I would mention that prices aren't always cheaper in the sales. Flight prices fluctuate all the time and it isn't at all unusual to find a cheaper price at a different time. We booked our flight before the last sale and when OH checked in the sale the flights were more expensive. Unfortunately you just have to keep checking or subscribe to a flight price checker such as kayak?
Old 23 Feb 17, 07:05 PM  
Link to this Post
CazB
Very Serious Dibber

CazB's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 11
Originally Posted by poohsfriend View Post
Sorry can't help with when the next sale will be but just thought I would mention that prices aren't always cheaper in the sales. Flight prices fluctuate all the time and it isn't at all unusual to find a cheaper price at a different time. We booked our flight before the last sale and when OH checked in the sale the flights were more expensive. Unfortunately you just have to keep checking or subscribe to a flight price checker such as kayak?
I agree with this statement. You tend to find that a sale tends to be around a bank holiday time. Not sure if they have one in May but they have had sales round about the August bank holiday before.

We price watch quite a bit and tend to find prices are cheaper a few days before the sale actually starts so we usually check a few days before a bank holiday weekend.

Might be worth downloading the hopper app to your mobile/tablet. You tell it the flights you are looking for and it alerts you whether or not you are best to book the flight now or to hold off. Hipmunk is another app that may help you decide on when to book.
2019 - Portofino
2023, 2024 - RPR

Edited at 07:07 PM.
CazB is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Feb 17, 07:36 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

There was a Virgin sale on recently. It ended around 10 February. I booked a fly drive from Gatwick for Oct 2018 and quite a few other Dibbers booked too.
My booking would have been £200 more after the sale ended.
But, this just proves that there is often sales with Virgin, its just a case of checking regularly. Good luck
DisneyDaffodil is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List