Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 7 Mar 17, 06:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by fl-veteran View Post
I think you're talking about the coloured pass they give you when you go in (i.e. the 'virtual queue'). I mean the return pass you will be able to get (like they have trialled on Despicable Me) which is a lot like the old paper Disney fp system where you must return at a certain time of the day.
No, I meant the paper return time pass you get from the machines outside.

I believe once Race Through New York officially opens, it is not going to have a normal queue. You get a return time from the machine outside and that gets you into the building where you wait for your turn. Just like the return passes for Despicable Me just got you into the lobby area but then you still had to endure the pre-pre-show and the pre-show.

There may be a separate Express Pass entrance (?) but I don't think the timed return ticket is supposed to be a fastpass to miss all the queue.

We'll have to see.

Edited at 06:53 PM.
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Mar 17, 06:50 PM  
Link to this Post
fl-veteran
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Nimbus View Post

I believe once Race Through New York officially opens, it is not going to have a normal queue. You get a return time from the machine outside (like the rest they did with the Despicable Me ride earlier this year) and that gets you into the building where you wait for your turn.

There may be a separate Express Pass entrance (?) but I don't think the timed return ticket is supposed to be a fastpass to miss all the queue.

We'll have to see.
Why bother with a return pass when you can just rock up and queue then?

The return pass for Despicable Me is certainly meant so you can miss a good proportion of the queue.

Edited at 06:56 PM.
fl-veteran is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Mar 17, 06:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Why bother with a return pass when you can just rock up and queue then?
You can't just rock up and queue. You have to get a return time pass. It's a way of managing the numbers and stopping 1 hour queues forming outside (like Despicable me).

As I said above, when they trialed the Despicable me return time passes they just got you into the building. You couldn't go directly into the theatre.
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Mar 17, 07:07 PM  
Link to this Post
fl-veteran
Imagineer

You can't just rock up and queue. You have to get a return time pass. It's a way of managing the numbers and stopping 1 hour queues forming outside (like Despicable me).

As I said above, when they trialed the Despicable me return time passes they just got you into the building. You couldn't go directly into the theatre.
That would be very disappointing given that on Despicable Me all slots were generally gone by mid morning - presumably for a brand new attraction would go even faster.
Old 7 Mar 17, 07:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Mobile

Actually reading up a bit more about the RTNY virtual queuing system I may be completely wrong and you may be right. It doesn't say that there will only be the virtual queuing system. I may be getting mixed up with Volcano Bay. Oops!

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Old 7 Mar 17, 07:13 PM  
Link to this Post
fl-veteran
Imagineer

Actually reading up a bit more about the RTNY virtual queuing system I may be completely wrong and you may be right. It doesn't say that there will only be the virtual queuing system. I may be getting mixed up with Volcano Bay. Oops!
To muddy the waters there is a virtual queuing system inside. When you enter you get a coloured ticket (they seem to match the different colours on the NBC peacock) and you wander around the 'museum' and watch the entertainment. When the overhead lights change to the colour on your ticket you join the queue on the next floor up.
Old 7 Mar 17, 07:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Mobile

To muddy the waters there is a virtual queuing system inside. When you enter you get a coloured ticket (they seem to match the different colours on the NBC peacock) and you wander around the 'museum' and watch the entertainment. When the overhead lights change to the colour on your ticket you join the queue on the next floor up.
Yes, I've seen that in the videos.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Old 7 Mar 17, 08:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Clamshell
Imagineer

I think it's about time universal started giving out 3D glasses at the front gate, and collecting them from you at the end of the day!

It saves having to get a pair and handing them back in on every ride!

Phantom thread-killer of Old London Town 😁
Clamshell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Mar 17, 08:23 PM  
Link to this Post
ely3857
Imagineer

I also felt underwhelmed from the Tracker video.

Seems aimed at Americans and the history of the popular show. Also, yet another 3D film experience from universal.

People say Disney are slow at designing and building new rides/areas in comparison to Universal yet Universal are reimagining the same types/style of ride again and again and again.

Edited at 08:25 PM.
ely3857 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Mar 17, 08:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Soarintodisney
Excited about Disney

I believe once Race Through New York officially opens, it is not going to have a normal queue. You get a return time from the machine outside and that gets you into the building where you wait for your turn. Just like the return passes for Despicable Me just got you into the lobby area but then you still had to endure the pre-pre-show and the pre-show.

We'll have to see.

I was just thinking what are they going to do about express pass. I may be wrong but I heard that when they trailed the return time on despicable me, express pass could rock up whenever and still ride without the return time. Im hoping this will be the same for Fallon.
Soarintodisney is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List