Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 5 Apr 17, 08:55 AM  
Link to this Post
mrsmagoo
Imagineer

Mobile Landry card -can you use it to pay tips?

We have just discovered that 3 of the restaurants we have booked accept the landrys card. We will probably get 2 cards with the birthday credit added. My thinking is that it will pay for some alcohol at the restaurant and possibly the tip.
mrsmagoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Apr 17, 04:26 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by mrsmagoo View Post
We have just discovered that 3 of the restaurants we have booked accept the landrys card. We will probably get 2 cards with the birthday credit added. My thinking is that it will pay for some alcohol at the restaurant and possibly the tip.
Looking at their website it appears you can use up to two cards per table, alcohol not included ( although others think the may include alcohol ) but gratuities are NOT included within the value of the card i.e. you will need to pay the tip in cash based on what the meal WOULD have cost without the discount.

Example :

Use 2 x cards = $100
Meal + Drinks = $120
You'd pay $20 + a ( suggested ) tip of 20% based on a $120 meal i.e. $24 tip so you'd end up paying $44 .

Not bad at all.. you're lucky to have 2 birthdays while you're out there.

Quick Update- I note that ilivehereorland ( who is way, way more knowledgable than I ) states that you can only use 1 x card per table.

Edited at 04:30 PM.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Apr 17, 05:40 PM  
Link to this Post
chmurf
Imagineer

one card per table
some restaurants will not allow to use the card for alcohol

the rewards value on the card will be used towards the food, not towards the bill.

for example, if you have 2 $25 entrées, your bill will be $50
entrée 1 : $25
entrée 2 : $25

using $25 welcome or birthday rewards , will split this amount between items
your bill will look like
entrée 1 : $12.5
entrée 2 : $12.5

the $25 is deducted from every item on your check

you will pay taxes,
and tips on the full amount of the meal (not on the reduced amount)

you can't use the card to pay for tips as card is applied to food items.
chmurf is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Apr 17, 10:32 PM  
Link to this Post
mrsmagoo
Imagineer

Mobile

We have free ddp so won't be buying food as such. Hmmm maybe need to rethink if you can't use it for 2 cocktails or the tip
mrsmagoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Apr 17, 10:34 PM  
Link to this Post
mrsmagoo
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by mike230652 View Post
Looking at their website it appears you can use up to two cards per table, alcohol not included ( although others think the may include alcohol ) but gratuities are NOT included within the value of the card i.e. you will need to pay the tip in cash based on what the meal WOULD have cost without the discount.

Example :

Use 2 x cards = $100
Meal + Drinks = $120
You'd pay $20 + a ( suggested ) tip of 20% based on a $120 meal i.e. $24 tip so you'd end up paying $44 .

Not bad at all.. you're lucky to have 2 birthdays while you're out there.

Quick Update- I note that ilivehereorland ( who is way, way more knowledgable than I ) states that you can only use 1 x card per table.
My birthday is end of July so the credits will expire on the 15th August. Eating at rainforest on the 14th. My husbands is in august so will have the credit from the 1st august till the 15th September. May not be good value though as we have DDP
Old 6 Apr 17, 09:13 AM  
Link to this Post
nasty
Imagineer

Last year we visited TRex (we were on DDP) I'd booked a breakfast at AK Rainforest Cafe to use the Landry credits.

We sat down in TRex and served scanned magic band & left us with the menus.
When we ordered our food & soft drinks on the DDP he asked if we had a Landry card, which I said I did, but didn't think I could use it with DDP.

We said we could and went off with the card to check the balance which was $50. When he returned he said what are going to spend your $50 on ? And then started recommending the various alcoholic drinks and cocktails etc.

At this point I questioned that I thought if could not be used for alcohol, but he insisted it could. We therefore ordered 4 cocktails throughout the meal, 2 each, and 2 souvenir glasses.

All was good until the check arrived with a very sheepish server who then said he'd made a mistake and we couldn't use it at all and we had to pay for the alcohol oop. As you can imagine we were very annoyed as id questioned it on more than one occasion with him.

We asked to see the manager who was rude and said we had to pay as it wasn't included. We had a mighty stand off in the middle of a packed restaurant with our two teenagers who just couldn't wait to leave they were so embarrassed by the scene.

We stood our ground and refused to pay except with the balance on the Landry card which after a while the manager did eventually action.
Dreadful service and unbelievable rude manager who even though admitting his server was completely in the wrong still expected us to pay oop .

Needless to say we won't be visiting there this year! 😡
nasty is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Apr 17, 12:26 AM  
Link to this Post

From Landrys terms and conditions.

Rewards may be used for food and beverage purchases. Rewards may also be used on retail purchases at participating Landry's outlets. Rewards may not be used to purchase gift cards or certificates, retail merchandise (excluding Bubba Gump Shrimp Co.), rides or games. Rewards may not be used for tax or gratuity and in some states alcohol purchases. Rewards are issued, and must be used, in $25 increments. In addition, there is no carry-over balance for any used rewards; therefore, if member's purchase is for less than the reward amount, the remaining unused reward amount will be forfeited.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Apr 17, 03:03 AM  
Link to this Post
Pinchy
Imagineer

Its not 1 card per table, it's 1 card per bill so if you want to use 2 cards just split the bill.
Pinchy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Apr 17, 12:24 PM  
Link to this Post
catlady
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 4
Florida is one of the states that allows you to collect points on alcohol and redeem according to their own list. Go on the landry's website and then the FAQ section.

Click on the list under the alcohol question and it brings up a chart? Sorry can't work out how to copy it on my tablet!

Edited at 12:26 PM.
catlady is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Apr 17, 01:18 PM  
Link to this Post
MissFortune
Imagineer

Originally Posted by nasty View Post
Last year we visited TRex (we were on DDP) I'd booked a breakfast at AK Rainforest Cafe to use the Landry credits.

We sat down in TRex and served scanned magic band & left us with the menus.
When we ordered our food & soft drinks on the DDP he asked if we had a Landry card, which I said I did, but didn't think I could use it with DDP.

We said we could and went off with the card to check the balance which was $50. When he returned he said what are going to spend your $50 on ? And then started recommending the various alcoholic drinks and cocktails etc.

At this point I questioned that I thought if could not be used for alcohol, but he insisted it could. We therefore ordered 4 cocktails throughout the meal, 2 each, and 2 souvenir glasses.

All was good until the check arrived with a very sheepish server who then said he'd made a mistake and we couldn't use it at all and we had to pay for the alcohol oop. As you can imagine we were very annoyed as id questioned it on more than one occasion with him.

We asked to see the manager who was rude and said we had to pay as it wasn't included. We had a mighty stand off in the middle of a packed restaurant with our two teenagers who just couldn't wait to leave they were so embarrassed by the scene.

We stood our ground and refused to pay except with the balance on the Landry card which after a while the manager did eventually action.
Dreadful service and unbelievable rude manager who even though admitting his server was completely in the wrong still expected us to pay oop .

Needless to say we won't be visiting there this year! 😡
Unbelievable! No wonder the server was sheepish.

Good on you for standing your ground.

MissFortune is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List