Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 13 May 17, 11:19 AM  
Link to this Post

Not so Happily Ever After

I've just watched the new "Happily Ever After" and I must say, in my opinion, very disappointed. I've heard people say that Disney have cut costs, it looks tacky etc. I'm inclined to agree with it looking tacky. There's too much going on, too many fireworks going off at once and not in sync with music. The first time I saw "Wishes" I cried and had goosebumps, that was in 2009. I watched them again earlier today and still had goosebumps and a lump in my throat, non of which I felt watching "Happily Ever After". Disney have taken the magic away.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 May 17, 11:43 AM  
Link to this Post
Annie17
Very Serious Dibber

i watched it live last night, i loved it

Wdw 2013,2016,2018,2019

Engaged 04/09/18 in Magic Kingdom.
Annie17 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 May 17, 11:51 AM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

I watched live too and although I didn't get goosebumps I absolutely loved it...Wishes was familiar and holds lots of special memories and I'm sure once any of us have seen this in reality with our families, it too will be just as special and goosebumpy as Wishes.For me It's a wonderful replacement.
Old 13 May 17, 11:54 AM  
Link to this Post
Danielle24
Imagineer

I personally think it blows wishes out of the water! Interested to see what they do for the Halloween party nights now.

Edited at 12:55 PM.
Danielle24 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 May 17, 12:18 PM  
Link to this Post
elmspenguin
VIP Dibber

We watched it this morning on youtube we all loved it and we all loved wishes as well and will miss it, as soon as it started I was emotional for personal reasons and even watching the final show the other night on youtube it was the same but on first viewing of Happily Ever After it's a from us.

The only downside to it I can see is that you now need to be able to see the castle to get the full effect in my view whereas with wishes you could stand in other areas.

Can't wait to see it live in August.
Old 13 May 17, 12:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Andybear
Imagineer

I've never seen Wishes but from I've read about Happily Ever After it sounds a bit like Dreams in DLP and that is amazing :-) I'm looking forward to seeing it next year.
Andybear is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 May 17, 12:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Bellasmummy
Imagineer

We watched this morning and thought it looked amazing.

I'll miss wishes but I'm so looking forward to seeing this now.

Agree with a pp that you need a good view of the castle, we're staying at Contemporary so were going to watch from there one evening before the planned first time watching in MK, but now we'll go into MK to get the full effect.
Bellasmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 May 17, 12:30 PM  
Link to this Post

Another vote for yes..yes...yes...Wishes was outdated...Yes I loved it when we first saw it in 2004, but after seven Disney vacations i think Magic Kingdom needed something new...Love the new song, love the laser technology, love the projections onto the castle...Watched Happily Ever After with my wife and we both gave it the big thumbs up...
Old 13 May 17, 12:45 PM  
Link to this Post

Just to add..I've just watched it AGAIN and the goosebumps are there now.It is fabulous 😍

Edited at 12:49 PM.
Old 13 May 17, 12:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Bozza
Imagineer

Bozza's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 49
As I've posted elsewhere, I'll not be going to see it on this visit, but I was talking to people here last night who had seen it and they gave it a big thumbs up and did mention that Disney had not held back - no indication of cost cutting.

I'm also not sure anyone can judge these things properly from a video.

Part One
Part Two
Bozza is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List