Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 29 May 17, 04:22 AM  
Link to this Post
Queen_Elsa
Imagineer

We got a notification at 9pm to say they were not letting in any other guests in as it was at capacity!

I also got suckered in by DS to buy him a banshee for $50.. I kept saying no, but he had me hook line and sinker when he said "please Mam, I'll pay with my own money... " 😊

Port Orleans Riverside 2014
Caribbean Beach 2015
Caribbean Beach 2016
Caribbean Beach 2017... Now Animal Kingdom Lodge
Queen_Elsa is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 May 17, 06:16 AM  
Link to this Post
Fraser789
Very Serious Dibber

I really hope the queues settle down a bit in the next few months but I can't see it. Especially with the summer holidays coming up.
Fraser789 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 May 17, 08:45 AM  
Link to this Post
JulesAyr
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 20
I'm glad we have fastpasses for both rides in 4 weeks time however I'm worried about queues getting into AK - we have a Fastpass for 9am (not Avatar) and an ADR for 9.50am. Not sure what time to turn up to park

July 2004 - DLP Sequoia Lodge
Dec 2007 - Christmas at Disney - Sheraton Studio City/Royal Plaza
June/July 2009 - Hilton Doubletree Guest Suites, LBV
July 2011 - Hard Rock Hotel, Marriott Clearwater, Buena Vista Palace
July 2012 - Buena Vista Palace / Royal Pacific Resort
July 2015 - Port Orleans Riverside/ Royal Pacific Resort
July 2017 - OKW / Royal Pacific Resort
2019 - Christmas and New Year trip
JulesAyr is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 May 17, 05:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by JulesAyr View Post
I'm glad we have fastpasses for both rides in 4 weeks time however I'm worried about queues getting into AK - we have a Fastpass for 9am (not Avatar) and an ADR for 9.50am. Not sure what time to turn up to park
If you have fastpasses then you should be ok. It sounds like those with fastpasses are let into Pandora without the huge wait (see a couple of posts above). Plus, I suspect in 4 weeks time the queues will have lessened slightly. This weekend is/was Memorial weekend and its often a very busy time then anyway.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 May 17, 06:49 PM  
Link to this Post
JanetteP
Imagineer

We did the river ride with a fast pass last night at 7.30pm, ok but not brilliant. Then we had DAS for FOP and our return time was 10pm. So glad we went back when it was dark, it was spectacular when it was all lit up. As for FOP - fantastic, although I too nearly lost my glasses twice. I've never seen queues like it, just to get in. Luckily, I have another fast pass for FOP tomorrow morning as I can't wait to do it again.

Janette
Dreamy Corner June 23, Potter’s Villa May 22, Shamu Villa Sep 22,AKL, HRH Lakeside Haven Sep 19, Lakeside Haven RPR May 19. White Blossom & Viburnum Villa Aug 18. SSR, Aurora Villa May 18. Kidani, RPR Champion Florida Villa 17, Staybridge Suites, White Blossom & Owens Villa 16 OKW, Champion Florida Villa & RPR 16, Magic Landings 15, Grand Reserve & HRH 2014, Tuscan Pines 12, Highgrove 09, Legacy Park 07, Indian Point 06 and 05, Florida Pines 04
Graduation Trip 2019
+ Trip Report 2018
JanetteP is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 May 17, 12:12 AM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

I'm not overly fussed on seeing pandora due to the queuing/heat (I don't have fastpasses and have 3 kids &#128512. For anyone that's been this week, is the whole of animal kingdom packed? Or just pandora?

For the first time ever I'm paying on the gate rather than bundled ticket, so wondering whether to chance it for a day, as pandora aside, we still love AK.

Was hoping to go Wednesday or Thursday .
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 May 17, 01:23 AM  
Link to this Post
Holiday-mum
Proud to wear my Ears

Mobile

We were there yesterday and at 8.20am the queue just to get into Pandora was an hour long and then the queues for the rides were 2hr plus. It seems that it's all one way, one entrance and one exit. We didn't go in there but do have a fast past next week so will see how that goes!
Holiday-mum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 May 17, 03:45 AM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
GEORGE

gjdjud's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 26
We've been this evening. We arrived at AK about 5.30pm and got in very quickly. Straight through bag check and into the park which was surprising. It was pretty busy inside but not unbearable. Ride wait times were quite high for some things(Kali River was 90 mins) but we walked on to Its Tough To Be A Bug. Everest was 20 mins. We didn't go into Pandora until 7.30pm. Again busy but not unbearable. No issue getting in. The boat ride standby queue was 105 minutes at that point. We had fastpasses and pretty much walked straight on. Ride was well done but I'd have been annoyed to queue that long. Afterwards we had a look around but it was really busy by the food place and shop. I thought Pandora was good but wasn't as impressed as I was with both HP areas at Universal. We had a fastpass as well for FOP at 9.05pm. Standby queue was 145 mins. We were in the loading areas within a few minutes. The ride was incredible! So well done. Kids voted it best ride of the holiday.

Edited at 03:54 AM.
gjdjud is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List